HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 15, 2011, 11:24 AM
Epilepsy Awareness Month
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,647 Posts
I haven't been shopping for a V4 for a while but, I saw a member's posting in the S107 thread saying they have plenty of parts for the S107. I went to the website and found they have V4's for sale for 80.00 bucks plus S&H. You can find out what the S&H is once you put it in your basket. Just an FYI.

http://www.oomodel.com/esky-lama-v4-...r-p-60120.html

Anyone ever here of this place in China? BTW, members user name is same as website. "oomodel.com." Is this against RCG rules? Just curious.

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2011, 07:37 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,940 Posts
Mine came to $44 for shipping. I'll start walking now!!
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Aug 15, 2011, 07:40 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,697 Posts
Well, XHeli got them for 89 and the shipping is 14.97 coast to coast ... hmmmm ???

EDIT:
But this one here is much nicer anyway:
http://www.xheli.com/eskyheli-002702...e-rtf-24g.html
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by erdnuckel2; Aug 15, 2011 at 07:50 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 08:13 PM
Epilepsy Awareness Month
Joined Mar 2008
11,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
Mine came to $44 for shipping. I'll start walking now!!
I could swear my S&H came to 26 bucks...dang

Sven, you do love your scale models..Uh HA As an outdoor flier that would not be practical for me

Mike
Old Aug 16, 2011, 07:56 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
Well, XHeli got them for 89 and the shipping is 14.97 coast to coast ... hmmmm ???

EDIT:
But this one here is much nicer anyway:
http://www.xheli.com/eskyheli-002702...e-rtf-24g.html
AND, with flashing lights!! What else could you ask for? That is a nice canopy, even if it isn't a pod and boom. I always liked the Jet Ranger canopy offered as an aftermarket for the CX2. Nice battery tray too. You'd never get the monster/fat 3 cell I bought in there though. I wonder how it is and if it would retrofit easily on our old frames?
As we always say:"Christmas is coming". Boy, Mike, I wouldn't have 72Mhz glitching to look forward to.
Last edited by kodak_jack; Aug 16, 2011 at 08:06 AM.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 10:36 AM
Epilepsy Awareness Month
Joined Mar 2008
11,647 Posts
Quote:
AND, with flashing lights!! What else could you ask for? That is a nice canopy, even if it isn't a pod and boom. I always liked the Jet Ranger canopy offered as an aftermarket for the CX2. Nice battery tray too. You'd never get the monster/fat 3 cell I bought in there though. I wonder how it is and if it would retrofit easily on our old frames?
As we always say:"Christmas is coming". Boy, Mike, I wouldn't have 72Mhz glitching to look forward to.
Ya...Ya...blah, blah, blah If you took off that silly antenna it may not glitch
Old Aug 21, 2011, 12:12 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Ya...Ya...blah, blah, blah If you took off that silly antenna it may not glitch
I think the thing that gets me is how sensitive the rudder is. I have to be vewwy vewwy caweful with it as it's constantly wanting to turn as I fly forward. In my case, because of a giant maple on one side and two big pines on the other, I have to fly under the maple's branches and have to use the throttle to control the height. As I'm moving the left stick, that left stick is very touchy.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 12:39 PM
Epilepsy Awareness Month
Joined Mar 2008
11,647 Posts
Quote:
I think the thing that gets me is how sensitive the rudder is. I have to be vewwy vewwy caweful with it as it's constantly wanting to turn as I fly forward. In my case, because of a giant maple on one side and two big pines on the other, I have to fly under the maple's branches and have to use the throttle to control the height. As I'm moving the left stick, that left stick is very touchy.
I could be wrong (as usual) but, it sounds like you could push the gain up a bit.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 03:40 PM
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
You can make a stock transmitter less sensitive using two resistors. Solder one side of each resistor each to a different side of the rudder potentiometer, then solder the other leg from each resistor to the center lead of the potentiometer. They should be a "W" shape.

This will make the rudder less sensitive at mid stick. The only down side is that it will also make it less sensitive at max as well. So the helicopter will pyro more slowly when the stick is held to the right or left.

The larger resistors you use the less sensitive the stick will be.
Barak1001 is offline Find More Posts by Barak1001
Old Aug 21, 2011, 04:32 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barak1001 View Post
You can make a stock transmitter less sensitive using two resistors. Solder one side of each resistor each to a different side of the rudder potentiometer, then solder the other leg from each resistor to the center lead of the potentiometer. They should be a "W" shape.

This will make the rudder less sensitive at mid stick. The only down side is that it will also make it less sensitive at max as well. So the helicopter will pyro more slowly when the stick is held to the right or left.

It might be worth a try. I could care less about pyro's.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 04:44 PM
Epilepsy Awareness Month
Joined Mar 2008
11,647 Posts
Quote:

Jack's description of flight sounds like the gyro is all over the place trying to find a heading. This was the reason I suggested that he up the gain a bit. Maybe even go as far as finding tail wag then decrease it. IMHO, this would be the easiest and the simplest thing to try before breaking out the soldering iron. Does this make any sense??

Mike.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 05:32 PM
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
I assumed from the way that he wrote his response that he has a tendency to push to either direction when he gives throttle and that's why he was having an issue. As long as he's flown the chopper I'm assuming that he'd know if he had too little or too much gain.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 06:31 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,940 Posts
I could be wrong, but I don't think it's the gain. It's just very sensitive to the touch. I base this on my ability to keep other heli's going in a straight line while giving them throttle.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 06:32 PM
Epilepsy Awareness Month
Joined Mar 2008
11,647 Posts
Quote:
I assumed from the way that he wrote his response that he has a tendency to push to either direction when he gives throttle and that's why he was having an issue. As long as he's flown the chopper I'm assuming that he'd know if he had too little or too much gain.
It was you who explained in three (maybe four) sentences on how to tune the 72mhz brick. Other members (if i remember correctly) tried explaining in 3 or four paragraphs. Not many know your method. I check after each motor(s) installation to be sure. I try not to assume nothing.

Mike.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 03:46 AM
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
Not trying to step on your toes at all Mike, just offering him another option.

There's actually a tutorial on doing the mod somewhere in the forums already (though it's years old). It has pictures and everything to go along with it.