SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 24, 2011, 10:49 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Jack, are you saying you don't know (or forgot) were you bought them and don't know were to send them? I've seen pictures of those 3D Pro blades you posted. What a disgrace

BTW, welcome home

Mike.
It was the SOS back home with teh rain while I roasted my keester off at Road Atlanta. I kept waiting for Lee to show up with ice cold lemonade, but ...
I remember where I bought them and who recommended them. Are you standing there with that big paddle in your hands again? For what I paid for them, I'd like to put them on one of my heli's but the heli's don't want any part of it!! The short flight I had last evening seem to indicate the AFC's will work just fine. The only problem with them is they don't know if they should be silver or blue. I guess I can live with that, though.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2011, 01:06 PM
Fix, Fix, Fly, Fix, Fix, Fly
Colorado
Joined Apr 2009
635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
Expect to spend a few $$$$$$$$$'s.
I know it is a little pricey, but I figure if I can start gathering parts a little at a time, as I make other orders, I should be able to do it in the next year or so. Plus I have a birthday coming up...
mountainsax is offline Find More Posts by mountainsax
Old May 24, 2011, 02:35 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
11,511 Posts
Ok.... I saw those comments Durk...and Kodak.

I tried to upload a couple of pictures of it in the air... but they were too large to upload.
So, I changed one of them and I'll try to upload it now.

I also bought a coaxial heli and it flies like junk. Very little forward or back movement.
The reason I bought it is because although it is a coaxial.... it has only one motor.
I"ve never seen this configuration before. It's a little bigger than the Big Lama....but it flies on 2s packs.

Buzz
Buzz is online now Find More Posts by Buzz
Old May 24, 2011, 04:41 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

I tried to upload a couple of pictures of it in the air... but they were too large to upload.
So, I changed one of them and I'll try to upload it now.

I also bought a coaxial heli and it flies like junk. Very little forward or back movement.
The reason I bought it is because although it is a coaxial.... it has only one motor.
I"ve never seen this configuration before. It's a little bigger than the Big Lama....but it flies on 2s packs.

Buzz
Admit it, it's the Airhog Osprey that's available at Toys R Us for $69.
Old May 24, 2011, 05:51 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,930 Posts
KJ, I am a little PO'd. You were about ten minutes from my house. You could have come by and met me. Seen some of my experiments. Flown a little. Had great BBQ. ETC.
But, instead, you watched cars go around in circles. I feel like that was kinda an insult.
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old May 24, 2011, 06:03 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

Buzz
walkera LM3? If so it is total trash.
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old May 25, 2011, 03:32 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
KJ, I am a little PO'd. You were about ten minutes from my house. You could have come by and met me. Seen some of my experiments. Flown a little. Had great BBQ. ETC.
But, instead, you watched cars go around in circles. I feel like that was kinda an insult.
It was a whirl wind weekend. I got in Friday night, went to the races on Saturday and Sunday and flew back Monday afternoon. My younger son has a new girlfriend and we actually left just as the HOT cars were starting the final race (Vettes, Mustangs, etc) so I could go to dinner with them and meet her. My older son is talking about going back to the Southern Nationals drag races next year, which is baking in the bleachers with no shade in sight! I feel bad too, but it was a very quick weekend. FWIW, it was a relatively cheap weekend. The Saturday and Sunday pass was only $30. The NHRA weekend pass is about $125 and then there's food and drinks, etc.
Last edited by kodak_jack; May 25, 2011 at 09:26 AM.
Old May 25, 2011, 07:04 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2008
425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Sorry. I meant to add that they were back ordered (i wanted you to have a peek at it). Rhino (i am looking at my batt now) also goes by the name "Zippy." You can also google "Rhino lipo batteries" and come up with hits other than Hobby King. I'm trying my hardest to wait on Hobby King to re-stock. They are (IMHO) a good vendor to deal with.

BTW, I have to re-locate the canopy holes. It fits a bit tight and puts a twist in the frame. There was some clicking noise as I was flying and I finnally nailed it down. Gotta get it to fit a little looser

Mike.
Thanks Mike, I got my email there to be notified as well. I'll just have to hurry up and wait... I agree on Hobby King, yes they are a good vendor.

As far as the canopy holes go I had mine just snug. To avoid twist I folded the sides together and drilled straight through both so they were perfecty in line. I think posting a scan of the canopy, uploading it then downloading it again is probably like making a copy of a copy, old cassette tapes for instance... did you ever see the movie Multiplicity?? Hilarious!! Love that last one. If you havn't seen it, please do. Its worth it.
cabman1969 is offline Find More Posts by cabman1969
Old May 25, 2011, 08:20 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabman1969 View Post
Thanks Mike, I got my email there to be notified as well. I'll just have to hurry up and wait... I agree on Hobby King, yes they are a good vendor.

As far as the canopy holes go I had mine just snug. To avoid twist I folded the sides together and drilled straight through both so they were perfecty in line. I think posting a scan of the canopy, uploading it then downloading it again is probably like making a copy of a copy, old cassette tapes for instance... did you ever see the movie Multiplicity?? Hilarious!! Love that last one. If you havn't seen it, please do. Its worth it.
I just now read about the movie. I do like both actors (Michael Keaton and Andie MacDowell...she's a honey). I will have to check it out...sounds funny. I think what I'll do is make the original larger (that way i can make the holes further apart) and then trim back to where it will be comfortable sitting on my frame. BTW, it did fly nice. I was very happy

Mike.
Chap1012 is online now Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old May 28, 2011, 08:26 AM
The ever learning newbie
Joined Dec 2006
155 Posts
Crashed and have been fixing mine but looking to buy a new one who is now selling these? Or has Esky gone the way of the dodo?
rab23us is offline Find More Posts by rab23us
Old May 28, 2011, 08:46 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab23us View Post
Crashed and have been fixing mine but looking to buy a new one who is now selling these? Or has Esky gone the way of the dodo?
If you looking to buy a new one, the only places you will find right now (if at all) are those who still charge the "2 years ago - price"

As far as ESKY going the way of the Dodo, I just read in a post a few days back somewhere that they are supposedly only REALLY badly behind with deliveries to stores ... however, anything about Esky is nothing but rumors - except that you can barely get their helis anywhere if you try ...

In other words, some people say Esky is out of business, others say they are not, I dont think anybody really knows whats going on.

BUT,
even if they are not out of business, they were on hiatus now for such a long time that if they dont come out with something TRULY absolutely amazing, they will have a really really hard time to get back into business .... or go the way of the Dodo then ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Why I L-O-V-E miracle mart ...
Old May 28, 2011, 09:41 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,252 Posts
Quote:
Pretty sure they have them in stock. I put it in my shopping cart and told me to continue. Good luck.
http://www.helibuy.com/esky-lama-v4-...e034-p-20.html

Mike.
Chap1012 is online now Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old May 28, 2011, 10:52 AM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,242 Posts
Quote:
Rab,
I have these helis for sale.
Pm me if you want more info.
Jim
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Old May 29, 2011, 06:31 AM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2011
50 Posts
This guy's funny but getting on my nerves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoace View Post
This MUSIC is ridiculous! I'm not gonna "rock on" over a child's whirlygig... so ya can give ME a break! I also find Ali's pricing structure and being 15-25% above Helidirect an unnecessary option.
So he is a shill for the Esky factory then ?
Rotary_Butcher is offline Find More Posts by Rotary_Butcher
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 29, 2011, 09:18 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,754 Posts
Quote:
Try here:

http://www.eskyhelicopters.com/
frieslander is offline Find More Posts by frieslander