HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 21, 2011, 04:36 AM
Joined Nov 2010
23 Posts
Ok, can i use simple washer instead of brass bushing ?
Meska is offline Find More Posts by Meska
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2011, 06:57 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meska View Post
Ok, can i use simple washer instead of brass bushing ?
Negative. If you look at that brass washer closely you will notice a raised lip on one side. This raised lip rides on the race of the large bottom bearing. You will need to order a screw set:http://helidirect.com/esky-screw-set...ama-p-3270.hdx

When ordering, make sure the brass washer comes with the package. Some members have reported not getting one with the package. It should depict the washer in the picture.

Mike.

EDIT: Are you sure you have a V4 shaft? The V3 shaft has a different hole in the shaft; does not line up as the same as the V4 shaft. It should be 29.08mm from the center of the hole to the top of the shaft. (stock).

EDIT: Dig the old shaft out of the trash and carefully remove it the washer !!! BTW, throw "nothing" away.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Last edited by Chap1012; May 21, 2011 at 07:13 AM.
Old May 22, 2011, 06:49 AM
Joined May 2011
21 Posts
Hi guys, which blades are the best for lama? Now I'm flying with cheap white blades from ebay and motors are very overheated after few minutes flying and I think it is by this blades (with original black blades this didn't happen anytime before). I'm sorry for my bad english
manek100 is offline Find More Posts by manek100
Old May 22, 2011, 07:17 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by manek100 View Post
Hi guys, which blades are the best for lama? Now I'm flying with cheap white blades from ebay and motors are very overheated after few minutes flying and I think it is by this blades (with original black blades this didn't happen anytime before). I'm sorry for my bad english
Very sensitive and philosophical issue ...

you will get about as many different opinions as there are blades!

here is my personal opinion on the blades for the V4:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...29&postcount=2

E2
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014
Old May 22, 2011, 07:27 AM
Joined Mar 2008
10,381 Posts
^^^^
When Jack returns from his trip, he will have something to say about those 3D Pros. Curling like potato chips comes to mind I do like Phase II and AFC's

Mike.
Old May 23, 2011, 04:36 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2008
420 Posts
Thanks Mike and kodak.
I like the look of the rhino batteries.. just wonder how long before they are in stock. Out of both you listed Mike I wonder how good the AKKU 20C batteries are?
cabman1969 is offline Find More Posts by cabman1969
Old May 23, 2011, 08:55 AM
Joined Mar 2008
10,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabman1969 View Post
Thanks Mike and kodak.
I like the look of the rhino batteries.. just wonder how long before they are in stock. Out of both you listed Mike I wonder how good the AKKU 20C batteries are?
Sorry. I meant to add that they were back ordered (i wanted you to have a peek at it). Rhino (i am looking at my batt now) also goes by the name "Zippy." You can also google "Rhino lipo batteries" and come up with hits other than Hobby King. I'm trying my hardest to wait on Hobby King to re-stock. They are (IMHO) a good vendor to deal with.

BTW, I have to re-locate the canopy holes. It fits a bit tight and puts a twist in the frame. There was some clicking noise as I was flying and I finnally nailed it down. Gotta get it to fit a little looser

Mike.
Old May 23, 2011, 02:49 PM
Fix, Fix, Fly, Fix, Fix, Fly
Colorado
Joined Apr 2009
635 Posts
Can anyone point me to a good how-to for a brushless, boardless conversion of my V4? I am trying to decide if I want to do this, what it will cost, if I have the ability to do the wiring, etc. I would like to stick with Mike's "KISS" method as much as possible!

Thanks!
mountainsax is offline Find More Posts by mountainsax
Old May 23, 2011, 03:41 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsax View Post
Can anyone point me to a good how-to for a brushless, boardless conversion of my V4? I am trying to decide if I want to do this, what it will cost, if I have the ability to do the wiring, etc. I would like to stick with Mike's "KISS" method as much as possible!

Thanks!
Try this here (attached pdf) from page 6 ... yes, it is for the BOL, but it nicely explains the principle, the parts, it has the wiring diagrams and the mixer is identical.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2175

gyro you might take the same one (align) or you take the telebee gr203 (if you can find one) or the eflite g110 (I think)

for the motors you got several options, most people used the ELEC10, but you can also use turnigys or swang hobby motors (there are still a few other possibilities, but they would include sourcing parts in Germany and I guess that defeats the purpose)

If any it is a start ... or you search on here for brushless boardless V4 ...

E2
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014
Old May 23, 2011, 09:09 PM
Fix, Fix, Fly, Fix, Fix, Fly
Colorado
Joined Apr 2009
635 Posts
Thanks Sven! That should give me something to play with for a while!
mountainsax is offline Find More Posts by mountainsax
Old May 24, 2011, 02:12 AM
keep on spinning!
Fort Lauderdale,Florida USA
Joined May 2010
131 Posts
indoor fly'in fun with Esky telemundo chopper (Lama)

[YOUTUBE]
Esky Big Lama - Indoor Flight (2 min 22 sec)
[/YOUTUBE]
N212LA is offline Find More Posts by N212LA
Old May 24, 2011, 03:39 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
^^^^
When Jack returns from his trip, he will have something to say about those 3D Pros. Curling like potato chips comes to mind I do like Phase II and AFC's

Mike.
Are you trying to push my buttons again? I hated the 3D Pro blades. Give me an address and I'll send them. They'll need special packaging ans shipping to keep that curl in them.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old May 24, 2011, 03:42 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Sorry. I meant to add that they were back ordered (i wanted you to have a peek at it). Rhino (i am looking at my batt now) also goes by the name "Zippy." You can also google "Rhino lipo batteries" and come up with hits other than Hobby King. I'm trying my hardest to wait on Hobby King to re-stock. They are (IMHO) a good vendor to deal with.

BTW, I have to re-locate the canopy holes. It fits a bit tight and puts a twist in the frame. There was some clicking noise as I was flying and I finnally nailed it down. Gotta get it to fit a little looser

Mike.
If you had a multi-million dollar frame, you wouldn't have that problem. Speaking of which, luvmyheli's is doing a 450 size coax, has anybody thought of using the Hobby King 250 size frame for a CX2/Lama 4 build?
Old May 24, 2011, 03:43 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsax View Post

Thanks!
Luvmyhelis is doing one for a CX2, but it all applies to a Lama 4 also. Expect to spend a few $$$$$$$$$'s.
Old May 24, 2011, 10:23 AM
Joined Mar 2008
10,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
Are you trying to push my buttons again? I hated the 3D Pro blades. Give me an address and I'll send them. They'll need special packaging ans shipping to keep that curl in them.
Jack, are you saying you don't know (or forgot) were you bought them and don't know were to send them? I've seen pictures of those 3D Pro blades you posted. What a disgrace

BTW, welcome home

Mike.