HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 13, 2011, 08:36 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2008
425 Posts
The cutout in the battery tray was a creative idea of getting to the buttons on my camera without taking it off all the time. I just fallowed the molding lines on top of the camera for style.Take a look at the first pic below but remember I've trimmed mine more than the pattern I've given.
I'm not sure where to get the sintra but a sign shop can tell you. A friend gave me some several months ago and it was one of those things that sounded good but I didn't know what to use it for so its been in a drawer. The material I've got is originally white in color and about 1.5 mm thick. I painted it with spray paint and I did the folds in it with a soldering iron and a ruler to get the nice sharp corners.

BTW Chap1012 I'm originally from Texas.

P.S. Where can I find the brushless motors and whats the cost of the conversion? Do the esc's work with the factory reciever??
cabman1969 is online now Find More Posts by cabman1969
to remove ads between posts
Old May 13, 2011, 10:00 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,105 Posts
Hey Cabman, From Texas to Australia huh? Isn't the lingo about the same I kid...I kid

Here is a website that you may find interesting. He is a RCG member who started exploring into the BL motors way before they became popular in our V4's. He goes by the handle bz1mcr (aka Don) on RCG.
http://www.strongrcmotors.com/

He's a nice guy. If you have any questions, just email him and he would be more than happy to help you. Let him know that you're an RCG member on the V4 thread.

Here's a website that many modelers use for raw materials, screws, bolts, etc.
http://www.mcmaster.com/#raw-materials/=cacjnx

I put you on the "Raw Materials" page. Please, browse around and let us know if you see anything like what you are using (concerning "sign" material). You may even get some plugs for your skids.

I do love your homemade canopy...so easy, so many colors. Now I can match the canopy color to the Phase II blades bz1mcr (aka Don) sold me. WOOHOO

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old May 13, 2011, 01:40 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
^^^^
Sorry Mate....you may have to go to Melbourne, Australia for the stock
The way the weather has been this Spring, maybe that's not such a bad idea, mate!
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old May 13, 2011, 06:11 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
The way the weather has been this Spring, maybe that's not such a bad idea, mate!
WOW that bad eh I've been flying the last few nights. I bit breezy/calm but, a lot of fun. My V4 is tuned in perfect and flying beautiful. Dang, I wish I had a camera man/women. Wifey won't do it....she thinks I'll whack her in the head with the heli

UMMM, let me think about that some more

Mike.
Old May 13, 2011, 09:31 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,240 Posts
That's how it goes.
Whenever there is someone filming you hit them...or a tree.
I hate that
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Old May 14, 2011, 02:37 AM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabman1969 View Post

P.S. Where can I find the brushless motors and whats the cost of the conversion? Do the esc's work with the factory reciever??
There are quite a few different places to find the brushless 2900ma motors needed and also the esc's and vtail contollers. If you stay with your stock receiver you will need two phase chips that add bulk and weight. You also are still stuck with the factory crummy gyro.
The correct vtail brushless changeover runs about $100 using quality parts and a separate small piezo gyro. You triple your power and double your flight times, especially going 3cell batts. Also guys running these systems have reported over 1000 trouble free flights.
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old May 14, 2011, 10:38 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2008
425 Posts
Thanks for that LuvMyHelis. Can you provide more specific info on the motors,esc.ect for this setup. Just need to know exactly what to look for for the best performance.
Old May 14, 2011, 02:34 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabman1969 View Post
Thanks for that LuvMyHelis. Can you provide more specific info on the motors,esc.ect for this setup. Just need to know exactly what to look for for the best performance.
I don't know why Luvmyhelis did not direct you to his own thread

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1331390

Mike.

PS: Myself...I like the "KISS" method.
Old May 14, 2011, 04:02 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,105 Posts
Hey Guys, Please take a look at my blog (click user name). I've added something I think you will all like and try. I can honestly say that I have flown my heli in some breezy/calm conditions with amazing authority. Before I did this mod, I was all over the rudder trying to gain control.

@Jim (aka Stamp) , Seriously Bro. Please give me a link to "your" best 3S battery. I plan to order two at least. Just remember, I have one of those antique 72mhz system.

@Jack, My Buddy Sonny's 4in1 po-po'd the bed....a 2.4g...Just an FYI

BTW, all comments and suggestion are welcome. Thanks for looking

Mike.
Old May 14, 2011, 04:42 PM
Joined May 2011
21 Posts
Hi, does somebody know, where can I buy a shorter flybar, or metal adjustable weights for flybar only?
Thanks
manek100 is offline Find More Posts by manek100
Old May 14, 2011, 07:19 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Hey Guys, Please take a look at my blog (click user name). I've added something I think you will all like and try. I can honestly say that I have flown my heli in some breezy/calm conditions with amazing authority. Before I did this mod, I was all over the rudder trying to gain control.

@Jim (aka Stamp) , Seriously Bro. Please give me a link to "your" best 3S battery. I plan to order two at least. Just remember, I have one of those antique 72mhz system.

@Jack, My Buddy Sonny's 4in1 po-po'd the bed....a 2.4g...Just an FYI

BTW, all comments and suggestion are welcome. Thanks for looking

Mike.
Nice and easy mod Mike!
frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
Old May 14, 2011, 10:00 PM
Joined Aug 2007
1,051 Posts
I finally got my Lama back up and flying. first the 4 in 1 was going bad. I had the proportional pot maxed out to full clockwise and it was still spinning. I tried to replace the mosfets but destroyed the board. ha ha. I got my new 4 in 1 from HK and some brand new aeronut motors and it flies like a brand new heli with lots of power, I also needed to replace the A gear which had worn teeth. I added some cool lights to it also. I had a syma s006g which I was never able to even hover for more than a minute so I removed the light strip from the tail boom and attached it to the boom of my modded v4. I attached a servo connector to the 2 wires and plugged it into one of the 4 in 1 spare channels. works like a charm. the lights even flash in sequence without any kind of driver. I previously was flying with xtreme motors and a ptc resettable fuse rated at 10 amps. the 5 amp ones wouldn't hold. I think those xtreme motors really took a toll on the 4 in 1 with their high current draw. I love the way it flies now with the aeronut motors and I went back to the 5 amp resettable fuses and haven't had any issues. now if I can just find a really cool canopy that's already painted.
Jetskeeter is offline Find More Posts by Jetskeeter
Old May 14, 2011, 10:20 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetskeeter View Post

now if I can just find a really cool canopy that's already painted.
http://www.djkhobby.com/apps/photos/...lbumid=8399689

... and Stamp also does custom painted canopies (which reminds me to ask for one myself ...)

E2
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Old May 14, 2011, 11:22 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,205 Posts
Or just use the Trex 250 canopies on sale from HK.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11655
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=13296
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old May 15, 2011, 05:47 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2008
425 Posts
Ok guys new problem. Ive got two questions....

1. Are the mystic 900mah 20c batteries any good??After three or four flights the heli wont get off the ground now.
2. What is the factory flying weigh of this heli? I honestly never weighed anything for the mod, just (thought light) and went with it. I don't think its a weight issue.