HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 10, 2011, 12:01 PM
United Kingdom, Wales, Gwaun-Cae-Gurwen
Joined Mar 2011
535 Posts
thats true e2, luckily i had all the bits lying around apart from the weights, got those on a special offer.
i do have a few mini-z's and an x-mods, so i had wheel nuts in a box i could use anyway, but mostly it was luck i had them around, otherwise yes, it would cost more :O
nasgul is offline Find More Posts by nasgul
to remove ads between posts
Old May 10, 2011, 02:33 PM
Fix, Fix, Fly, Fix, Fix, Fly
Colorado
Joined Apr 2009
635 Posts
nasgul, how much do those little weights weigh?
mountainsax is offline Find More Posts by mountainsax
Old May 10, 2011, 07:22 PM
United Kingdom, Wales, Gwaun-Cae-Gurwen
Joined Mar 2011
535 Posts
hi mountainsax,
not sure of the weight as have no scales, but would guess between 2gram and 4gram each, but thats only a guess! did look around on net, but only came up with description, not weight of the weights.
nasgul is offline Find More Posts by nasgul
Old May 10, 2011, 08:29 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,037 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasgul View Post
hi mountainsax,
not sure of the weight as have no scales, but would guess between 2gram and 4gram each, but thats only a guess! did look around on net, but only came up with description, not weight of the weights.
can you post a part#?
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Old May 10, 2011, 10:18 PM
Colorado
Joined Apr 2009
635 Posts
I'm just curious if the weights that I have for the flybar on my 450 would be way too big...
Old May 10, 2011, 10:26 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,037 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsax View Post
I'm just curious if the weights that I have for the flybar on my 450 would be way too big...
put it like this, the Skytec weights for the V4 class (CX, V4, clones ...) have 3.6g, so nasgul's estimate of between 2 and 4g is pretty accurate. this weight works fine, and the heavier the weight, the shorter the flybar can be ...

but isolated from all of this - I would not recommend any weights larger than 5g ...
(actually, according to my perception I saw more people contemplating how light the weights could be, not how heavy.
But as I said, if your weights are heavier (and you have the posibility ... and desire) I would think about experimenting with "synchronizing" the weight and the length of the flybar ...

E2
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Old May 10, 2011, 10:27 PM
Colorado
Joined Apr 2009
635 Posts
Is there anything that I need to do after letting my V4 sit for 6 months?? I got a couple new batteries (cheap ones, but that is what was in the budget) and now I can only get it off the ground a foot or two and then it comes right back down.

Did a complete tear down, made sure there was a little play in the shafts so things are not too tight (but not sloppy). The gear mesh is good. Could the motors be bad? I tested each motor (pulling left stick to one side or the other while spinning up slowly so that only one blade spins) and they both seem fine, but I may not know what to look or listen for.

Prior to my batteries going bad everything worked just fine. Now the red light on the 4-in-1 lights up as soon as I get to takeoff speed.

Thought???
Old May 10, 2011, 10:31 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,242 Posts
What kind of batts?
Used or new and how many?
Check all your connections...pull the 4n1 connectors off and put them back on...one at a time. This will loosen any surface corrosion etc.
Jim
Stamp is online now Find More Posts by Stamp
Old May 11, 2011, 06:41 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2008
425 Posts
Hey guys, sorry its taken so long to get these up but heres the patterns I made for my V4.
I haven't posted them in actual size but you can size them yourself pretty easy, just print out and test fit. Ive also included a couple of pics as a guide for folding. I made the tail-boom/battery tray out of a product called sintra. never heard of it but its used in signs. It's extremely lightweight closed cell foam board. (looks like plastic to me). Im sure lightweight plastic would work as the folds give some strength. I also doubled it around the support posts by gluing a small piece in for strength. The canopy was cut from a plastic folder ( color options abound). I hope these help, This has been a fun project.

P.S. Ive trimmed the front of the battery tray/camera mount a bit more than the plan shows. Please note that the side folds of the tray must be exactly 33mm apart to fit in the landing skid bay.
Any questions please feel free to ask.
cabman1969 is offline Find More Posts by cabman1969
Old May 11, 2011, 06:44 AM
Colorado
Joined Apr 2009
635 Posts
These are the batteries. I got two new.
Old May 11, 2011, 10:23 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,625 Posts
Cabman:

Thanks for the pictures and the pattern, I have saved them, you have given me lots of ideas.

Durk
frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
Old May 11, 2011, 07:26 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,747 Posts
Cabman: There is a cut on one side of the battery tray. What is that for?
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old May 12, 2011, 03:17 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
Cabman:

Thanks for the pictures and the pattern, I have saved them, you have given me lots of ideas.

Durk
Cabman, I can't add anything more except...excellent

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old May 13, 2011, 06:11 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Cabman, I can't add anything more except...excellent

Mike.
Well, one thing that would be nice to know is a good source for the material where you don't have to buy too much just to try it. Do we have to call around to sign shops and try to buy scrap, maybe? Did anybody go looking on the Net for this stuff? I saw an article where they talked about dropping it into boiling water and they said it conformed pretty readily to a mold. As a matter of fact, they said if the first try doesn't work, don't sweat it, just drop it in boiling water again. The picture they show almost made it look like plaster of Paris when it was taken out of the boiling water - very pliable.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old May 13, 2011, 08:01 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,115 Posts
^^^^
Sorry Mate....you may have to go to Melbourne, Australia for the stock
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012