HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 06, 2011, 09:28 PM
United Kingdom, Wales, Gwaun-Cae-Gurwen
Joined Mar 2011
535 Posts
hi mike, yeah, lol, know what you mean! c.o.g is good, was a little nose heavy before, so seems to be nicely balanced now. visually, it looks longer, but in reality it isnt, one of those optical illusions, lol!
think it makes it look more symmetrical, tidier rather than an afterthought, if that makes sense?

arron
nasgul is offline Find More Posts by nasgul
to remove ads between posts
Old May 06, 2011, 09:42 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,266 Posts
It was nose heavy!!! So, it's true...the camera makes you look fat I think I have to trim an inch off my "Amelia's" butt

Nice job Arron

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old May 06, 2011, 10:04 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,242 Posts
Mike, congrats on your Bruins.
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Old May 06, 2011, 10:10 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
Mike, congrats on your Bruins.
I just saw that Jim. We go on to play Tampa Bay There is no ice down in Florida This should be an easy win for the Bruuunes

Mike.
Old May 06, 2011, 10:31 PM
United Kingdom, Wales, Gwaun-Cae-Gurwen
Joined Mar 2011
535 Posts
mind you, it was nose heavy slightly, mainly because i added a little weight to the front for faster forwards flight :O

but, it only small things i'm doing at the moment, until i acummalateall the parts needed for project "taranis", as i lovingly call it!

parts to include: brushless motors, 2x turnigy plush 6amp esc's, eflite heading lock gyro, dionysus mixer, various gaui ep200 bits, some extreme parts, and others things along the way. esc's got today, waiting for motors
nasgul is offline Find More Posts by nasgul
Old May 07, 2011, 06:19 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Pictures always make you look fat right? It looks to me that there is some weight on the rear end. Did you check your COG? Looks nice

Mike.

My "Amelia's" rear end. Not a very good pic but, I do try to keep her butt in shape
You'd better keep your bench cleaned up. You know how they can be on here!
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old May 07, 2011, 06:21 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasgul View Post
mind you, it was nose heavy slightly, mainly because i added a little weight to the front for faster forwards flight :O

but, it only small things i'm doing at the moment, until i acummalateall the parts needed for project "taranis", as i lovingly call it!

parts to include: brushless motors, 2x turnigy plush 6amp esc's, eflite heading lock gyro, dionysus mixer, various gaui ep200 bits, some extreme parts, and others things along the way. esc's got today, waiting for motors
There's already a thread on here about V-tail mixers, etc. Luvmyhelis is the guy doing it and has a LOT of experience in this area. I've read about issues with the dionysus mixer, but he claims he's had good luck.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...331390&page=39
Last edited by kodak_jack; May 07, 2011 at 06:29 AM.
Old May 07, 2011, 07:48 AM
Joined Mar 2008
11,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
You'd better keep your bench cleaned up. You know how they can be on here!
But Jack, that picture was taken in 2009 when I was busy. As Durk says, all I'm doing now is brushing lint from my belly button because my work bench is so clean

Mike.
Old May 07, 2011, 10:01 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,759 Posts
Quote:
But Jack, that picture was taken in 2009 when I was busy. As Durk says, all I'm doing now is brushing lint from my belly button because my work bench is so clean

Mike.
That is right Jack. Poor Mike is B O R E D ! ! !
frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
Old May 07, 2011, 01:50 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
11,521 Posts
Quote:
I just saw that Jim. We go on to play Tampa Bay There is no ice down in Florida This should be an easy win for the Bruuunes

Mike.

Ahem.... You don't have a chance! Unless you can skate in sand!

Actually, it's a very nice stadium.
Buzz is offline Find More Posts by Buzz
Old May 07, 2011, 01:57 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Joined Aug 2002
11,521 Posts
Quote:

Mike.
A clean bench is the sign of a sick mind! lol My desk AND bench are a disaster! I had to clear out a little spot so I could use my mouse. For some reason there is a HUGE TV in here.... not hooked up.. just sitting on the floor.
My wife didn't know what to do with it so she had it moved in here.
Anyone want it? Shipping should be about $500.
Old May 07, 2011, 02:24 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
A clean bench is the sign of a sick mind! lol My desk AND bench are a disaster! I had to clear out a little spot so I could use my mouse. For some reason there is a HUGE TV in here.... not hooked up.. just sitting on the floor.
My wife didn't know what to do with it so she had it moved in here.
Anyone want it? Shipping should be about $500.
I will take it if you include about $600 of helis in the package!

Yes wifes have the habit of cluttering up work spaces with unwanted items. If I did this to her I would be in the doghouse next door!
frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
Old May 07, 2011, 02:39 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Joined Aug 2002
11,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
I will take it if you include about $600 of helis in the package!

Yes wifes have the habit of cluttering up work spaces with unwanted items. If I did this to her I would be in the doghouse next door!
Haha... $500 wouldn't get it way up there to you!!!

Oh... I agree... that should be a known rule before marriage. My dog house is my barn... 2 story 3000 sq. ft. total.... but no electricity! Ha!
Old May 07, 2011, 09:09 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
That is right Jack. Poor Mike is B O R E D ! ! !
That's because he has the 72Mhz Lama 4 all perfected. I think it's time for an Eflite micro plane - something completely different:
http://www.e-fliterc.com/Airplanes/UMX/
Old May 08, 2011, 06:10 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2008
425 Posts
Ok guys , about three weeks ago the guy across the street gave me his lama V4. I'm personally not a heli guy, I do micro planes. Design and build and customize existing designs to my liking.
The V4 I got had no mods and was pretty badly beat up, I finished it off by crashing and breaking the skids. I flew horribly and It flew horribly, cheap china blades were out of balance, flybar bent, adjusted wrong... ect. So I went to work. I did a little research, ordered some parts, scrounged up some of my own bits and created this little beauty. I've even mounted a keychain cam under the nose. Perfectly balanced, flies like a dream. She hovered perfectly after 1 trim adjustment.
Other than the tiny cheap infrared ones this is the first heli I have ever dealt with or flown.
My thanks goes out to all you guys who put this thread together!!!
P.S. I made my own battery tray/tail boom assembly and have a pattern if anyone is interested.
cabman1969 is offline Find More Posts by cabman1969