HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 25, 2011, 10:33 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
The lower rotor grip was a gift from leethetreeguy when my friend bought the Skytec lower rotor. I couldn't convince my freind to take it off. So, we left it on. Lee told me it was a good one. CNC grips are always no good on the top rotor...especially the cheapos that you get off fleabay.

Sven, I thought for sure you would show the young Lad the vid you posted of your heli flying CW backwards and then you hit the support column and into the empty box it went...too funny

Mike.
Based on the multiple wish of an individual gentleman :

http://www.rcline.tv/video/2416/i-fl...ore-i-crash--1

E2
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2011, 11:42 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,174 Posts
Sven....too funny Bud. I had forgotten it jumped around inside the box like a Mexican jumping bean after the crash

Thanks for the show

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Apr 25, 2011, 01:20 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasgul View Post
i think the weight issue concerns indoors use i would imagine, as if you make something too light and take it outside, one little puff of wind and its gone!
with my little lama, it copes reasonably well outside, but again needs more done to it for proper outdoors abuse. i shortened my stock flybar for that purpose (6 inch total length), for tests, until i find a better flybar to use.
i think with my lamas, if something better can be got for it that weighs less than stock, then great, but if it weighs slightly more than stock, well its just the way it has to be. but thats me,
I agree! From a mechanical engineering viewpoint adding weight is like openly wanting to date a 500lb fat lady. It simply defies logic. Going down that route as evidenced by Tim on the CX threads literally forced him to go 3cell brushless to get any kind of flight times out of it after he was done. I have had the same issue on every upgraded coax I have designed and built. There were more than just noticeable differences. I was getting 3 to 4 minute flight times out of some of mine a few years back. And having gone the 3 cell brushless route, the extra weight and triple the power have made it an excellent outside bird. Now, it, they, love the wind! I brought my stock motored upgraded coax I built just a few weeks ago out of spare parts and flew it outside yesterday, The wind had me!
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Apr 25, 2011, 01:22 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
Based on the multiple wish of an individual gentleman :

http://www.rcline.tv/video/2416/i-fl...ore-i-crash--1

E2
Have to admit, all that gleaming aluminum looks niiiiiiiiiice!
Old Apr 25, 2011, 01:35 PM
Joined Mar 2009
9,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
Have to admit, all that gleaming aluminum looks niiiiiiiiiice!
but what about the crash??
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 25, 2011, 01:58 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
11,302 Posts
Quote:
Sven....too funny Bud. I had forgotten it jumped around inside the box like a Mexican jumping bean after the crash

Thanks for the show

Mike.
That's funny! It was a good bank shot though. I did the exact same thing trying to fly my litte Walkera outside. I was doing ccw circles and I flew into the garage, hit the wall... and landed in a box. The weird thing about it is ... I took it back outside and started flying it again... and it did the exact same thing... and landed in the same box again. I couldn't do that again if I tried!
My wife and I started laughing so hard I thought we would expire!
Buzz is offline Find More Posts by Buzz
Old Apr 25, 2011, 08:22 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,174 Posts
Hey Guys, this just came into my mailbox...Thunder AC6 for $42.70 (I paid $54.00) with all the cables I got. Free shipping (48 states) for anything over $25.00. I wanted to share it with you all:
http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.html

Mike.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 08:24 PM
Joined Mar 2009
9,068 Posts
Quote:
Hey Guys, this just came into my mailbox...Thunder AC6 for $42.70 (I paid $54.00) with all the cables I got. Free shipping (48 states) for anything over $25.00. I wanted to share it with you all:
http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.html

Mike.
Too late Mike, I already got one coming ... now I will finally have a "real charger" too
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 25, 2011, 08:24 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,174 Posts
Only that could happen to you Buzz
Old Apr 25, 2011, 08:28 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,174 Posts
Quote:
Too late Mike, I already got one coming ... now I will finally have a "real charger" too
You will love it. Lee turned me on to these beautiful charges..what did you pay for yours?
Old Apr 25, 2011, 08:32 PM
Joined Mar 2009
9,068 Posts
Quote:
You will love it. Lee turned me on to these beautiful charges..what did you pay for yours?
exactly what you mentioned ... I got the same email just I already got it a day or two ago ...

E2
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 25, 2011, 08:37 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,174 Posts
Quote:
exactly what you mentioned ... I got the same email just I already got it a day or two ago ...

E2
Old Apr 25, 2011, 11:33 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,219 Posts
been using mine for 2 years. great little charger.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 09:25 AM
Joined Mar 2008
11,174 Posts
Good morning Guys. AN FYI. I'd like to pass off some info regarding Esky parts (especially V4 parts). Sonny and I paid a visit to Helidirect yesterday and spoke to Dave at customer service as we both wanted to stock up on hard to get parts for our V4. Dave assured us that Esky is alive and well. They are having trouble meeting demands for parts mainly because of lack of employees (anyone need a job in China?). ALSO...and this is a big "ALSO." I expressed that the Eflight 120sr can be had for much cheaper money at another vendor. At that point Dave showed us something very interesting. So, the next time you go on their site looking for any items (especially new helis) it will show you the map price. For instance we have a map price for the 120sr BNF at $149.99 at helidirect http://helidirect.com/eflite-blade-1...80-p-20283.hdx. Now, click that item and put it in your basket like you were gonna buy it....SHAZAM !!! The price is now $129.99. Because of this, I explained to Dave that he should contact Larry and put the "real" price right on the front page. I told Dave to tell Larry he had no idea how many customers helidirect could be driving away doing this type of advertisement.

So, the bottom line, ladies and germs, the next time you are pricing a heli at helidirect, click it and put it in your basket like you were gonna buy to reveal the "REAL" price.

Is this stupid or what??? Please feel free to contact them if you feel the same way.

Mike.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 10:20 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,666 Posts
Quote:
Good morning Guys. AN FYI. So, the bottom line, ladies and germs, the next time you are pricing a heli at helidirect, click it and put it in your basket like you were gonna buy to reveal the "REAL" price.

Is this stupid or what??? Please feel free to contact them if you feel the same way.

Mike.
Who is calling us gents germs???!!!!!

Must be one himself!
frieslander is offline Find More Posts by frieslander