Old Sep 15, 2010, 11:19 AM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
11,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
Hi Buzz:

Yes I am supposed to go in a week from this Thursday on Sept 23. So far it is still go. Had a bad experience last Tuesday with my mind going in and out of reality for about 2 1/2 hours. This also happened about 1 year ago at this time, after tests nothing was found to cause it, strange!

Yes I remember you getting the Chinook and then I found a cheaper one on this side of the big pond LOL.

Durk
Yeah, you waited until I took the bait.... then out did me!

Going in and out of reality? That's very strange. It's good to hear the knee replacement is coming up soon. I know that will be a relief. But, then when you're out of your mind.... you'll be able to run! Nobody's safe! lol
It may be nerves causing that feeling. Have a big glass of red wine. That will relax you.

Buzz
Buzz is online now Find More Posts by Buzz
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2010, 12:06 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Yeah, you waited until I took the bait.... then out did me!

Going in and out of reality? That's very strange. It's good to hear the knee replacement is coming up soon. I know that will be a relief. But, then when you're out of your mind.... you'll be able to run! Nobody's safe! lol
It may be nerves causing that feeling. Have a big glass of red wine. That will relax you.

Buzz
Buzz:

Or should I say Buzzard?? Remmember I could have put the word "old" before Buzzard!

Yes I wish it could be cured by a glass of wine, methinks it would have gotten worse then! No I am not nervous an I was completely relaxed both times. I do wonder sometimes if it has anything to do with my sleep apnea but it is so co-incidental that it happened about a year apart from the first time.

Yes of course I had to outdo you, why not? LOL

Durk
frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Sep 15, 2010, 04:04 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
11,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
Buzz:

Or should I say Buzzard?? Remmember I could have put the word "old" before Buzzard!

Yes I wish it could be cured by a glass of wine, methinks it would have gotten worse then! No I am not nervous an I was completely relaxed both times. I do wonder sometimes if it has anything to do with my sleep apnea but it is so co-incidental that it happened about a year apart from the first time.

Yes of course I had to outdo you, why not? LOL

Durk
That could be, Durk. Sleep Apnea is not well understood yet... and it's a potential killer. You're lucky to have the mask.

I can't think of a reason. Buzzard? No! One of my college roomates called me "Human Buzzard"..... and I was ready to strangle him!
Buzz is online now Find More Posts by Buzz
Old Sep 15, 2010, 04:57 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
That could be, Durk. Sleep Apnea is not well understood yet... and it's a potential killer. You're lucky to have the mask.

I can't think of a reason. Buzzard? No! One of my college roomates called me "Human Buzzard"..... and I was ready to strangle him!
CHOKE, CHOKE!!!!..........
frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Sep 15, 2010, 05:30 PM
USA, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Aug 2008
3,416 Posts
hey guys, has anyone had a v4 motor completely seize up mid flight? i had one yesterday, i was flying really high, the highest i'd ever gone, and then it started a slow spin and decent, even on full throttle. once it hit the ground, the top blades just stopped spinning entirely. i think it's dead, but i don't know if this is common.
jettrooper02 is offline Find More Posts by jettrooper02
Old Sep 15, 2010, 09:37 PM
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
Possible that the brushes were worn in the motor that failed and were causing over current. Once you got it up so high the over current fried the mosfet in the 4in1?

I'm not saying that's what happened for sure, but it's possible.

I've had one brush out of a set wear completely down to nothing on one side which caused it to click and would cause the motor to seize. Luckily I pulled it off the chopper almost immediately when it happened.
Barak1001 is offline Find More Posts by Barak1001
Last edited by Barak1001; Sep 15, 2010 at 11:06 PM.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 10:54 PM
USA, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Aug 2008
3,416 Posts
well, as i said, the motor is just stuck. i can not get it to move, even with pliers, so i don't think it's in the 4 in 1, luckily. i think i can get parts in a hobbyshop this time, so i'll be flying soon at least.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 11:06 PM
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
You can test the 4in1 by unplugging the bad motor and plugging the other one into its jack.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 11:26 PM
USA, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Aug 2008
3,416 Posts
i'll do that now, i can't beleive i forgot to do that. i do think it's the motor though, i unplugged and it's still stuck.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 02:16 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,783 Posts
So, JT, what did you determin it was? How is it coming along? Lee
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Sep 20, 2010, 05:41 PM
USA, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Aug 2008
3,416 Posts
it was the motor, i am still not sure what happened, all i know is i have 1 motor that is locked like a rock and i got some new ones with the spare parts heli that works, so it's flying now. of course fall came 2 days after i get it flying, and now it's windy and rainy and cold here, well, coldish. about as cold as washington will get and still be t-shrit weather.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 06:06 PM
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
Good thing nothing got fried then.

Seems to be an epidemic of motors locking up lately. Factory defect maybe?
Old Sep 20, 2010, 07:25 PM
USA, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Aug 2008
3,416 Posts
i don't think so, my v4 is well over a year old, probably over 3 years old. it's old, not new at all.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 08:14 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,783 Posts
Hey everyone, want to share this with you all first. Thanks my friends. Lee

Breaking News! My experiment works!!! (6 min 18 sec)
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Sep 20, 2010, 08:46 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,108 Posts
^^^^
Lee, Fabulous vid bro. What a view !!! Very cool

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012