HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 16, 2007, 03:14 PM
Ireland
Joined Apr 2001
4,031 Posts
Another day another experiment; removed the training gear to see what influence it has on flight times.
Times changed from 7 to 11 min.
Don't have a good scale so no idea about the weight of the gear.
cmulder is offline Find More Posts by cmulder
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2007, 04:41 PM
Ireland
Joined Apr 2001
4,031 Posts
those who also use a aluminium lower head shoud check if it can twist on the outser shaft.
With mide the holes the top 2 screws go in have worn bigger allouwing movement so i put some ca glue on the axle to glue the head to the shaft..
Just a little or changing the shaft later will become a problem.
Old Aug 17, 2007, 03:30 AM
Joined Jul 2007
85 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/EK1-0322-Xtreme-...ayphotohosting

It's for Lama V3, but will it fit for Lama V4?

-helliefan
helliefan is offline Find More Posts by helliefan
Old Aug 17, 2007, 12:05 PM
Plane Nuts
Cebu City, Philippines
Joined Aug 2007
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnorvelle
When I go to www.miracle-mart.com and try and order anything I can't seem to find a "buy" or "buy now" button anywhere. I see a ton of this "Show Room Only" text. Has anyone else experienced this or am I an idiot?

The website is under maintenance now but I ordered my Xtreme blades and extra skids from them last weekend. I got them three days later, delivered to my doorstep no less. Will be ordering more from them (the upgrade motors come to mind)
kevs182 is offline Find More Posts by kevs182
Old Aug 17, 2007, 08:22 PM
(AKA, bob)
Joined Aug 2007
21 Posts
Tail Boom Upgrades

Re: Tail Boom Upgrades.

I managed to chew through all my stock blades recently, and decided it was time to find some new parts for my v4 - that's how I came across this post.

I have just ordered the:
(from www.wattsuprc.com.au)
-EK5-0206 Metal Center Hub and Shaft (upper)
-EK5-0207 Metal Center holder set (lower)
-EK5-0209 Metal swashplate
(from www.xtremecx2.com)
-Xtreme Upper Blades
-Xtreme Lower Blades
-Upgraded Flybar
-Blade CX CX2 Xtreme Carbon Fiber Boom Kit

Now, being in Australia, it cost me about USD$1000 inc shipping for that lot

The Blade CX C.F. boom is something I found digging around, that looks like it will fit the LamaV4, with only very minor mods.

I should have it all within a week, and I promise to keep this Thread uptodate on the results, including a blow-by-blow on installing the boom if it will fit.

Also, having the v4 pivoting and sliding all over the place because of 4 slightly damaged blades was, I found, an excellent way to practice hovering, and a good prep for flying outside in gentle breezes.
lama lama duck is offline Find More Posts by lama lama duck
Old Aug 18, 2007, 08:49 AM
Joined Jul 2007
85 Posts
http://www.brapris.no/index.php?main...roducts_id=575

Will this inner shaft fit for Lama V4?

-helliefan
Old Aug 18, 2007, 09:38 AM
Plane Nuts
Cebu City, Philippines
Joined Aug 2007
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lama lama duck
The Blade CX C.F. boom is something I found digging around, that looks like it will fit the LamaV4, with only very minor mods.

I should have it all within a week, and I promise to keep this Thread uptodate on the results, including a blow-by-blow on installing the boom if it will fit.

Also, having the v4 pivoting and sliding all over the place because of 4 slightly damaged blades was, I found, an excellent way to practice hovering, and a good prep for flying outside in gentle breezes.

Would be interested in the CF boom mod, if you can get it to work. Good luck and have fun figuring it out.
kevs182 is offline Find More Posts by kevs182
Old Aug 18, 2007, 06:11 PM
Ireland
Joined Apr 2001
4,031 Posts
yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by helliefan
http://www.brapris.no/index.php?main...roducts_id=575

Will this inner shaft fit for Lama V4?

-helliefan
all the metal upgrades made by esky fit both the v3 and 4 since the head ect is the same
Old Aug 19, 2007, 04:54 AM
Joined Jul 2007
85 Posts
Great, thanks!

-helliefan
Old Aug 19, 2007, 12:12 PM
Joined Aug 2007
18 Posts
lama lama duck have you install those metal parts yet ?? what's the out come ? good or bad ? Those upgrade parts is the worst nightmare I had.. its totally un-controlable.... tons of TBE.. ho me ?w about yours ?? or just
bipbay is offline Find More Posts by bipbay
Old Aug 19, 2007, 02:55 PM
LAMA V4 & Honeybee FP FTW
New England, USA!
Joined Aug 2007
207 Posts
Quote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/EK1-0322-Xtreme-...ayphotohosting

It's for Lama V3, but will it fit for Lama V4?

-helliefan
No, this will not fit the LAMA V4. Maybe if you mod the heck out of it it will.
blkdog7 is offline Find More Posts by blkdog7
Old Aug 20, 2007, 01:34 AM
(AKA, bob)
Joined Aug 2007
21 Posts
CF boom and parts

Quote:
lama lama duck have you install those metal parts yet ?? what's the out come ? good or bad ? Those upgrade parts is the worst nightmare I had.. its totally un-controlable.... tons of TBE.. ho me ?w about yours ?? or just
It is only when you choose a forum name based on some viral video with llama's and duck's that a forum name as ridiculus as mine will appear

The parts are still in transit, I expect to get them mid to late this week, and install them over the weekend. I have been researching the CX/CX2 vs LamaV4 frames for a little while now, and both of them have a similar upper canopy mount. This is what led me to take the plunge and get one.

This upper mount is a horizontal hole about 1/2 inch wide. The rod through this hole holds the canopies on the LamaV4 and CX/C2, as well has holding the Xtreme CF boom on the CX/CX2. If width of this mount is similar between the CX/CX2 and the V4, the CF boom should just mount straight on.

The bottom mount will be interesting, there are holes on the V4 frame in roughly the right position, but that is the real gamble, as there are certainly differences between the lower mounts.

Regardless, I will not be altering any original parts to do this mod, just incase I get TBE as well.

I have uploaded some pics I have found on the net showing comparisons between the Blade CX, Blade CX2 and LamaV4 to a basic server http://ekoster.customer.netspace.net.au, no pretty text, just the root of the site with some .jpg's. Let me know if it breaks
lama lama duck is offline Find More Posts by lama lama duck
Last edited by lama lama duck; Aug 20, 2007 at 01:41 AM. Reason: can't spell
Old Aug 20, 2007, 05:29 AM
Joined Jul 2007
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkdog7
No, this will not fit the LAMA V4. Maybe if you mod the heck out of it it will.

Ok. Where can I buy a good landing kit for lama v4?

-helliefan
Old Aug 20, 2007, 12:44 PM
Yorkshire, UK
Joined Feb 2007
931 Posts
Quote:

-helliefan
There have been good reports of these;

http://shop.boomtownhobbies.com/disp...9&categoryId=5

............although I haven't seen or tried them myself.

I've ordered a Boomtown Hobbies combined boom and skid set for the CX2 which I'll try to adapt to the V4. I'll report back.
ranavalona is offline Find More Posts by ranavalona
Old Aug 20, 2007, 01:10 PM
LAMA V4 & Honeybee FP FTW
New England, USA!
Joined Aug 2007
207 Posts
Quote:

-helliefan

I bought the ones on this site (I also posted pictures of my V4 with them on earlier in this thread. They come in black and also white.):

http://www.lamav4.com/

They aren't exactly cheap ($20 with shipping) but they fit perfect and can't be broken. They work well.
blkdog7 is offline Find More Posts by blkdog7