HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 03, 2008, 09:12 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by earletp
Collar weights basically look like small doughnuts with a set screw in the side. They slide on over the end of your flybar and the set screw secures it in place. They're used on RC cars.

To adjust tracking on your upper blades, hold onto your heli and power it up. Look at the blades from the side at eye level. You'll be able to tell if they are tracking or not. If not, pop the link off the blade holder on the upper blades and give it a turn to either lengthen or shorten it, then re-attach and power up again. If it got better then repeat, if it's worse, turn the link the other direction and try again. Repeat until the blades are tacking on the same plane.
earl, thanks again. I just realized I have the stock link/holders. No can do Gonna do some up-grades you suggested.
To let others know, especialy the newbees. I let my co-pilot (Buddy) take the controls today (2nd time). Because my heli is dialed in pretty good he did fantasic. Just a little up-beat inspiration to other newbees who may be struggling a bit. Stay with it. Had a great day flying
Mike
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Last edited by Chap1012; Jun 03, 2008 at 09:20 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2008, 10:43 PM
Cobalt, Ontario, Canada
Joined Sep 2007
138 Posts
Hey rawfuls I will have to look at your review sometime, this is just a quick hi, goin to bed cause I just got in and its been a long day. Well I'm grounded again, sucks. broke the lower swivel pin for the bottom blade. the one that lets the blade move because of swash plate input. I put the longer servo arm on and was flying around at a hall, boy can these thing whip around when they get going. well I was turning a little too agressively and got some blade slap shoulda put the longer shaft on, oh well.
I would like to get one that is like yours though, mine only adds 3 mm. and your looks like it adds about 3 cm that's long. anyway I will have to wait till I can make up an order, so it won't be for a while. in the meantime I think I will try to get the braket to fit better.
I will catch you later have a good night.
jabano is offline Find More Posts by jabano
Old Jun 03, 2008, 11:06 PM
Heli and Car Addict
Woodland Hills, CA
Joined Jan 2008
3,478 Posts
You have a good night also.
It really does work. I attempted to blade slap on purpose, it took awhile, but I did it... 2nd hole, forawrd fast then back reallly fast.. Broke my stock blades, was using them because I just wanted to see how they were.. (Actually, after a long while flying with hardens, it teaches you NOT to mess with them )

It's around 3cm yup... It's a lot though... Around $60 bucks
rawfuls is offline Find More Posts by rawfuls
Old Jun 03, 2008, 11:08 PM
Portland, OR USA
Joined Feb 2008
118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012
earl, thanks again. I just realized I have the stock link/holders. No can do Gonna do some up-grades you suggested.
To let others know, especialy the newbees. I let my co-pilot (Buddy) take the controls today (2nd time). Because my heli is dialed in pretty good he did fantasic. Just a little up-beat inspiration to other newbees who may be struggling a bit. Stay with it. Had a great day flying
Mike
Are we talking about the same thing?

(look at picture)
earletp is offline Find More Posts by earletp
Old Jun 04, 2008, 11:09 AM
Joined Mar 2008
11,482 Posts
Quote:

(look at picture)
Boy do I feel like a darn fool. I thought that was a solid piece. I just popped it off and guess what...IT TURNS! DUH BIG TIME I guess you can teach old dogs new tricks. I'll let you know how I make out. Thanks earl
Old Jun 04, 2008, 02:44 PM
AKA Don
United States, MI, Houghton Lake
Joined Dec 2002
7,608 Posts
You're not the first one to be surprised to learn that link is adjustable. Don't ask how I know.
bz1mcr is offline Find More Posts by bz1mcr
Old Jun 04, 2008, 05:06 PM
Portland, OR USA
Joined Feb 2008
118 Posts

Now that your upper blades look like a licorice vine. hahaha!!
earletp is offline Find More Posts by earletp
Old Jun 04, 2008, 06:31 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,482 Posts
Top blade tracking

Top blades are tracking much better than before. Cherry licorice for me...ah,ha,ha. bz1mcr, c'mon, let us in on how you found out. Same as I did? I'm telling you, the instruction book that comes with these birds are nothing short of comic books. "Ready for flight" on the box gives it away
Old Jun 04, 2008, 08:33 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012
Top blades are tracking much better than before. Cherry licorice for me...ah,ha,ha. bz1mcr, c'mon, let us in on how you found out. Same as I did? I'm telling you, the instruction book that comes with these birds are nothing short of comic books. "Ready for flight" on the box gives it away
Yeah ready for flight into the Twilight Zone. I still have not had time to get back to flying my V3.
I guess I have to get out of retirement and back to work. At least then I will have vacation time. I am keeping tabs on this forum if it is the last thing I do, there is so much to learn out here.
frieslander is offline Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Jun 04, 2008, 08:39 PM
Heli and Car Addict
Woodland Hills, CA
Joined Jan 2008
3,478 Posts
Lol, definitely need to get out of retirement! Lol
rawfuls is offline Find More Posts by rawfuls
Old Jun 05, 2008, 12:55 AM
Joined Apr 2008
77 Posts
lower rotor head placement on outer shaft?

Can someone tell me the correct placement of the lower rotor head on the outer shaft (this was the replacement part I was waiting for...)? It's held in place by 4 set screws - do you put the top two screws through the hole in the outer shaft?

I did this (upgrading to Esky alu swashplate and alu inner shaft at the same time), but it seems like it's not right because when I move the right control stick, in some positions it pushes the servos around rather than pushing the swashplate. So, I'm stopping here, because I don't think I have it right...

I've looked for some pictures in this thread but haven't found anything that quite resolves my issue.

Thanks,

Cam
psyentific is offline Find More Posts by psyentific
Old Jun 05, 2008, 01:05 AM
Joined May 2008
63 Posts
Quote:

(look at picture)
I took the fly bar off and with the link still attached I add tape around the opposite end of the ball link. Enough to balance out the whole fly bar. Seemed to help a lot , being balanced definitely cant hurt.

Another tip, dont use blades from different packs. Try to use the blades from the same pack. Blades from different packs will most likely be from different production runs and probably be different in weight. It will still fly but just have a little more vibration. With ANY heli blades should be balanced for best perofrmance.
BigTruckDriver is offline Find More Posts by BigTruckDriver
Old Jun 05, 2008, 09:07 AM
United States, OR, Independence
Joined Feb 2008
1,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyentific
Can someone tell me the correct placement of the lower rotor head on the outer shaft (this was the replacement part I was waiting for...)? It's held in place by 4 set screws - do you put the top two screws through the hole in the outer shaft?

I did this (upgrading to Esky alu swashplate and alu inner shaft at the same time), but it seems like it's not right because when I move the right control stick, in some positions it pushes the servos around rather than pushing the swashplate. So, I'm stopping here, because I don't think I have it right...

I've looked for some pictures in this thread but haven't found anything that quite resolves my issue.

Thanks,

Cam
The top screws do go in the holes in the outter shaft. You have to be more specific than ".....move the right control stick, in some positions it pushes the servos around......". What would you like pictures of?

jim
Bing44 is offline Find More Posts by Bing44
Old Jun 05, 2008, 05:53 PM
Joined Apr 2008
77 Posts
swash install issues

When I move the right stick to the right, the right servo arm is pushed down, and it tries to pull the servo box up off the frame. When I move the right stick down, the left servo arm is pushed down and it tries to pull the servo box up off the frame. Other directions are okay.

Also, as soon as I connect the battery, there's a constant buzzing from the servos. I think the links are adjusted too long, but because the link fit is so tight on the alu swashplate, I need to go buy some ball-link pliers this evening to take them off, as I can't get them off by hand any more (I barely got them on by thumb).

As far as pictures, I'd like to see back, left, and right side views (and maybe overhead) of a correctly installed Esky alu swashplate, including the lower rotor head.

Thanks much,

Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bing44
The top screws do go in the holes in the outter shaft. You have to be more specific than ".....move the right control stick, in some positions it pushes the servos around......". What would you like pictures of?

jim
psyentific is offline Find More Posts by psyentific
Old Jun 06, 2008, 12:06 AM
Cobalt, Ontario, Canada
Joined Sep 2007
138 Posts
Hi Guys
Here are some picture of the repair I did on the bottom blade holder on the outer shaft. What I did was use my dremel to dill a tiny pin size hole as close to the center of the broken swivel shaft as I could get then I gradually made it bigger and bigger untill it was the size of a cheapo drill bit that I bought at a dollar store. The bit came in a whole set (yep ten bits for a buck) and because they were of such high quality and you can't drill through balsa with such a high end tool as these are, I charished them so much, that I picked the one that fit into the hole on the blade grip and sacrificed it to make a new shaft.lol
I used no glue, just drilled the hole carefully so that the fit was snug and cut the drill bit so that it was long enough to almost touch the end of the shaft hole on the grip and because I drilled into the center of the blade holder, the new shaft touches the outer shaft.
Oh ya, flies great and the lower blades track very well. Put on my x-treme center shaft and i don't know if anyone else found it the same as me, but I found that it was a real to get it to go through the bearings, very tight had to tap it through.
jabano is offline Find More Posts by jabano