HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2008, 11:42 PM
Joined Jun 2007
62 Posts
what i do is i just press a little in the opposite direction while i fly i also used the trim slider on thebottom but that doesnt do much in keeping it straight.

btw i want to know what does the TRN stick do to the lama? on the upper right side.

pix of my lama

skl1cent is offline Find More Posts by skl1cent
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2008, 03:08 AM
Joined Dec 2007
23 Posts
Hey guys I saw a link to a mod here the other day for a carbon fiber flybar. It was using carbon fiber rod with a hub that allowed the rods to be replaced somewhat. I am trying to find where I can get the hub and CF rods from.
ipmcSpanky is offline Find More Posts by ipmcSpanky
Old Feb 06, 2008, 09:28 AM
Joined Oct 2007
573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipmcSpanky
Hey guys I saw a link to a mod here the other day for a carbon fiber flybar. It was using carbon fiber rod with a hub that allowed the rods to be replaced somewhat. I am trying to find where I can get the hub and CF rods from.
http://www.bladecx2.com/upgrade_parts3.html

I think you can find the CF flybar here.

hope it helps.
dendog220 is offline Find More Posts by dendog220
Old Feb 06, 2008, 10:44 AM
AKA Don
United States, MI, Houghton Lake
Joined Dec 2002
7,608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skl1cent
what i do is i just press a little in the opposite direction while i fly i also used the trim slider on thebottom but that doesnt do much in keeping it straight.

btw i want to know what does the TRN stick do to the lama? on the upper right side.

That is the training switch. It is only used when two transmitters are connected together. One is slave and one is master. Holding the switch on the master allow the slave to control. As soon as the switch is released the master is in control again.
bz1mcr is offline Find More Posts by bz1mcr
Old Feb 06, 2008, 10:57 AM
AKA Don
Joined Dec 2002
7,608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipmcSpanky
I assume you want a cf flybar for a Lama:

The hub used with the carbon rod is here http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=1413

It is made to use two threaded steel rods. Some have epoxied cf rod in the hub. But that is user supplied material. As I remember the poster used two pieces and several of us suggested you might want to drill through the hub and use just one piece. That eliminates a lot of stress on the epoxied joints.

Don
Old Feb 06, 2008, 12:34 PM
va beach, va
Joined Feb 2008
2 Posts
another satisfied lama owner here. Mine is currently down. Even with the trim, gain, and proportion maxed out it kept spinning CCW. I found that my inner shaft main gear had some shredded teeth. I assume this came from hitting things and coming to an abrupt stop while not releasing the throttle soon enough. Anyways I ordered the exxtreme gear form lamav4.com And since I was getting raped in shipping I went ahead and ordered the longer inner and outer shaft to see if it would make a difference. Ill post results when I get them!
Megah_man is offline Find More Posts by Megah_man
Old Feb 06, 2008, 03:28 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,918 Posts
Well my Deal Extreme Metal upgrade came today. I am one of the ones that ordered one before all the negative reports showed up.

The first thing I checked for was a bend shaft, it is perfectly straight. All the parts looked great but I will have to install them to find out how they fit.

One thing I noticed was that the swash plate was stiff and seemed off angle. I played around with it and put a few drops of fine oil on it and after a bit the stiffness was gone.

Reading through all the V3 and V4 threads I have found out that the biggest problem with lack of stability with the metal upgrades is that the flybar is not loose enough. Once the flybar is able to move freely the helis flew beautifully. Even the slightest drag or binding will cause the heli to become unstable.

I will not be able to put the parts in right away but I will report back once they are installed. One of my V3's has a couple of stripped teeth on the top gear so it will be the one to try it on.

I have 2 complete V3's and 2 barebones V3's so I have lots to keep me flying LOL.

Wonder how R_Andersen made out with Deal Extreme, things have been quiet there.
frieslander is offline Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Feb 06, 2008, 03:47 PM
Edina/Mankato MN
Joined Jan 2008
16 Posts
i got some comming too (they shipped on the 3rd, how long did it take you to get yours?) as i said, if i only get a good swash plate then it will have been worth it.

anyone put in better servos, like the hitec hs50? i'm thinking loosing a few grams would be nice, but even nicer to have a faster servo...
G2mk3 is offline Find More Posts by G2mk3
Old Feb 06, 2008, 04:02 PM
Keep the Rotors Spinning!
Downers Grove,Illinois
Joined Nov 2007
251 Posts
What would cause two new motors to run irregardless of tx throttle and trim setting? Both motors installed correctly, btw....Only way to stop the rotors is to unplug the battery....
hcopter51 is offline Find More Posts by hcopter51
Old Feb 06, 2008, 04:36 PM
I eat only vegetarian beef
Fairlie, New Zealand
Joined Nov 2006
2,866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcopter51
What would cause two new motors to run irregardless of tx throttle and trim setting? Both motors installed correctly, btw....Only way to stop the rotors is to unplug the battery....
Blown FETs in the 4 in 1 will do that. Do the old motors run ok in it?
Skycruiser is offline Find More Posts by Skycruiser
Old Feb 06, 2008, 04:40 PM
Keep the Rotors Spinning!
Downers Grove,Illinois
Joined Nov 2007
251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skycruiser
Blown FETs in the 4 in 1 will do that. Do the old motors run ok in it?
The old motors gave up the ghost and do not run at all, that's why I replaced them with another set....I was afraid someone would say it's the 4 in 1 now....Thanks sky.....
hcopter51 is offline Find More Posts by hcopter51
Old Feb 06, 2008, 04:48 PM
AKA Don
Joined Dec 2002
7,608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megah_man
... Even with the trim, gain, and proportion maxed out it kept spinning CCW. ...
It's hard to max out the gain cause the adjustment just goes around and round. at some poit it switches from max gain to min gain but it is impossible to telll where unless you inch up on it very slowly and keep adjusting and flying until you find it then you could backoff and be at near max gain. But if you go just a tweak too far your at min. gain.
Don
Old Feb 06, 2008, 04:51 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2mk3
i got some comming too (they shipped on the 3rd, how long did it take you to get yours?) as i said, if i only get a good swash plate then it will have been worth it.

anyone put in better servos, like the hitec hs50? i'm thinking loosing a few grams would be nice, but even nicer to have a faster servo...
Ordered on January 19, recieved on Febraury 6
frieslander is offline Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Feb 06, 2008, 05:19 PM
AutoQuad OS developer
near Ithaca, NY, US
Joined Aug 2004
948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megah_man
another satisfied lama owner here. Mine is currently down. Even with the trim, gain, and proportion maxed out it kept spinning CCW. I found that my inner shaft main gear had some shredded teeth. I assume this came from hitting things and coming to an abrupt stop while not releasing the throttle soon enough. Anyways I ordered the exxtreme gear form lamav4.com And since I was getting raped in shipping I went ahead and ordered the longer inner and outer shaft to see if it would make a difference. Ill post results when I get them!
Yeah I recently whacked the wall with the top blades hard enough to eat away some of the gear (it was a sloped wall so the lower blades didn't touch). Since it was totally unexpected due to the angle I was looking from, I didn't let off the throttle quickly enough. It still flew, noisily, but started rotating like mad, vs. being steady before the hit. I cleaned up the gear with a file, which helped a lot and reduced the rotation to where I could trim it out. Didn't touch the 4n1 adjusters since I knew that wasn't the problem.

Now, I thought that the gyro would be stabilizing the heli from spinning in this situation, but apparently it doesn't or maybe it just doesn't have enough adjustment range.

-Max
maximal is offline Find More Posts by maximal
Old Feb 06, 2008, 05:56 PM
United States, TX, Hidalgo
Joined Jun 2006
194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skl1cent
mine, recognizes it but the the throtle is like side ways and the aileron is up n down wtfff and why is ther such bad graphics! i want real flight g3!! now thas was up.
well. the FMS is working with the v4 Tx , i have to erase a windm.dll archive from the FMS folder and everything is runningĦĦĦĦĦ
equus is offline Find More Posts by equus