SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 19, 2002, 03:17 PM
Lexington Kentucky
Joined Oct 2002
10 Posts
Corona and Lite Machines...

I purchased Corona solely on what I've heard here on EZONE!
It would be foolish for Lite Machines not to recognize the amount of participation here. Lot of Corona people and information here! I have 14 flights on the Fusion Motor and the brushes are gone... I already have an Atomic Force soldered up to my Pegasus-35H ready to install tonight! I hope to get better flight times.... and more than 14 flights before I have to replace brushes.. I was getting about 7 minutes of hover time...
johnb is offline Find More Posts by johnb
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2002, 08:34 PM
Fairfield, CA
Joined Apr 2002
1,513 Posts
If you can replace the Fusion before it causes a fire, or burns out your ESC, consider yourself lucky.

Several of us have had BAD luck with the Fusion.

Anyone who has read this forum, knows the fusion is bad mojo, and they will opt for the basic kit.

If LMH came out with a ARF helo, that would be cool, except that the inclusion of the Fusion would keep me from buying it.

We'll see what they do.
Captain Carlton is offline Find More Posts by Captain Carlton
Old Nov 19, 2002, 10:30 PM
United States, PA, Beaver
Joined Sep 2001
3,521 Posts
Regarding LM"C" and the AF motor... I'm only going on what I overheard a quite a few years back, but there is bad blood there. If you all remember, the GlowBee Spiral plugs were originally recomended with the 110. Then all of a sudden they were no long available... Seems Tower/Great Pains/Hobbico/TopFlight/Kyosho/Dynaflight/etc. wanted the LMH but was refused... So they bought GLowBee and discontinued the plugs.

Now I can can <b>NOT</B> verify this info (maybe someone can), but I did overhear it ( not eavsdropping mind you, but...I kept an ear open) and this was right after the GlowBee Spirals were no longer available and the Norvel plug was not out yet. I didn't have the coconuts to ask Dave/Paul when I saw them later that day.

There was a spell when we couldn't get plugs for the heli. This I know as fact

BTW.... flying my Corona with the Fusion and AF. Now don't hate me, but both seem about equal. I keep a freshly cleaned one ready to swap while flying the other one. Have switched back and forth a few times already. I make sure I swap them before they get really "dirty". Both seem equally frustrating Gotta go brushless someday.
rcav8r2 is offline Find More Posts by rcav8r2
Old Nov 19, 2002, 10:47 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined Jul 2002
488 Posts
When I first decided I was going to try my inexperienced heli hands at a new heli, I initially thought I was going to go with a piccolo. But after researching here on Ezone, I knew the Corona was my heli. After more research, I knew the Hacker was the motor for my Corona. Ezone has been such an assett to me. I feel like I get the experience of many other R/C heli pilots here. LMH (or LMC) should check out Ezone for the real "Heart Beat" of informed R/C heli modelers!

Paul
Paul5910 is offline Find More Posts by Paul5910
Old Nov 19, 2002, 11:05 PM
-Flight enthusiast_
Lake Louise, AB, Canada
Joined Feb 2000
3,563 Posts
1. Lite Machines website
2. Great Hobbies
3. N/A

Go to:

http://www.greathobbies.com/frame_index.html

...and enter Lite Machines in the quick search. You will get 223 items listed in Canadian dollars.

Cheers!

Glen
gpeden is offline Find More Posts by gpeden
Old Nov 20, 2002, 06:29 AM
(aka Cliff Lawson)
United Kingdom, Essex
Joined Oct 2001
1,897 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul5910
After more research, I knew the Hacker was the motor for my Corona.
Which Hacker is that? I'm just considering getting a Corona as a first heli (not easy from England) and I already have a brushless ESC (for my Mega 16/15/6) and wonder if I can use that with the right Hacker in a Corona?

Cliff
Wright Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Wright Flyer
Old Nov 20, 2002, 07:39 AM
USA, NY, Jamestown
Joined Jun 2000
2,910 Posts
Cliff,

You may also want to look in to the Mega 16/15/3. People on this board have been reporting good results with it on the Corona. Certainly cheaper then the hacker.
JoeR is offline Find More Posts by JoeR
Old Nov 20, 2002, 08:08 AM
Apex, NC
Joined Jan 2002
1,492 Posts
Hacker C40 12S

7x2400 cells, 2 4grips at low altitudes.

Paul5910 did you fly your Hacker yet?

Victor
vkmaynard is offline Find More Posts by vkmaynard
Last edited by vkmaynard; Nov 20, 2002 at 08:11 AM.
Old Nov 20, 2002, 08:20 AM
Should get a life
Muncie,IN USA
Joined Mar 2002
209 Posts
I was in Lafayette yesterday (I'm working in the area) and dropped into litemachines to pick up a tailboom and was talking to Dave Arlton for a while. He's a really nice guy and interested in the modifications that Ezoners and others are making to there Corona's.They don't regularly read the ezone (A MISTAKE imho).
The conversations covered a few things but we was very interested in the Ecureuil AS 350 fuselage which someone had emailed a picture of to him.He was very impressed.
The thing that interested him most was Mikes CCPM conversion.When I mentioned that it was flying stabley with stock blades and just a few simple modifications his interest was peaked and he asked me to bring mine in and let him have a look/fly once I had mine done.This is very different from the reaction that is usually recieved at LMC when you mention CCPM and Corona in the same sentence.I have the feeling that they have tried elegant and complicated solutions for collective pitch and rejected them.Maybe there is hope thanks to some good work by some ezoners.
Tom Cardiff is offline Find More Posts by Tom Cardiff
Old Nov 20, 2002, 09:44 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined Jul 2002
488 Posts
Yes, I flown my Corona with the Hacker. I am using the Hacker C40 12S, as recommended here on EZone. Flys great, not considering the pilot. I really like the maint. free operation of the motor. I do enough crash maint., so not having to do motor maint. is a great deal.

Paul
Paul5910 is offline Find More Posts by Paul5910
Old Nov 20, 2002, 09:58 PM
Fairfield, CA
Joined Apr 2002
1,513 Posts
Hear, Hear....

I formally nominate Tom Cardiff as ambassador to LMC.

If they listen to him, then we atleast have a chance.

Who wants to 2nd this motion!!!!

- Rick
Old Nov 20, 2002, 10:05 PM
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
3,923 Posts
I guess that when I get a video posted of mine flying I will have to send them a link. Now if I could just get the stock swash mod figured out.
Mike
motorhead is online now Find More Posts by motorhead
Old Nov 21, 2002, 10:40 PM
Should get a life
Muncie,IN USA
Joined Mar 2002
209 Posts
Your ambassador has come through for you.
I stopped back in at LMC today to pick up a part I forgot last time and Dave came up and asked me if I would email him some pictures of Mikes ccpm mod.
I told him about the thread at RC groups and about Freds reveiw.
He got the URL from me and said he checking it out and probably leave a message.

Best I could do.
Tom Cardiff is offline Find More Posts by Tom Cardiff
Old Nov 24, 2002, 01:24 AM
Fairfield, CA
Joined Apr 2002
1,513 Posts
Keep up the visibility Tom. Stop by say hi, show'em your cool stuff, make then jealous, and then tell them to "kit it."

Yah baby!

- Rick
Old Mar 27, 2003, 03:27 PM
Honolulu Intl, Hawaii, United States
Joined Feb 2003
1,502 Posts
I definitely feel it's very unfortunate of the LMC's staff's views of Ezone, if anything they can learn a lot as far as demand for upgrades and mods on this forum, I know I did, I got all of my ideas from this forum and great ideas at that...

They have a great product, no doubt, but it could be more appealing to the growing heli pilot by offering simple things like even a Plastic or Carbon crutch, differenct canopies etc.. Not to mention a cp mod.

I would have kept mine for sure if there was a cp mod for it and I only had mine for less than a month. Oh well, maybe if they come up with one with cp, I will get another later, but for now, I'm really digging my Voyager E.

The Corona was awesome though and I actually would have kept it if I could afford to have 2 heli's at the moment and I would never choose or advise a better heli for a beginning heli pilot. It's just unfortunate that it doesn't allow too much room for growth.
Astro30 is offline Find More Posts by Astro30