HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 18, 2002, 09:22 PM
Fairfield, CA
Joined Apr 2002
1,513 Posts
Lite Machines Corp Speaks!!!!

I finally went to the Lite Machines web site and submitted my suggestions for improvements. I didn't bother mentioning the CP issue since that one has been beat to death. I am glad Larry responded. He seems like a nice guy. I wish some of the folks at ezone could be involved the developing and testing of new upgrades. Anyway, here we go ............

-----------------------------------
Dear Lite Machines Corp,

As the LMH pilots become more skilled, it would be cool to seem some additional accessories that would help keep us interested in the LMH. A good business situation for LMC. Other MFGs have canopies, and various upgrades. Forget the colored rotors and try some of the following....
(1) A Full lighting kit designed for the LMH 110 or 120. Talk to RamLights.
(2) Search Light Kit.
(3) Cargo Hook Kit, with Servo release.
(4) Floats kits.
(5) Snow Shoes Kit
(6) Something that might help us diagnose and better balance LMH.
(7) One Way Bearing (already a third part offering)
(8) Performance improvement products.
(9) Airborne Camera rig.
(10) New Optional Skids. I like the Voyager E Skids myself.

(For example I am busy flying with an experimental horizontal stabalizer. It seems to help, but it would be nice to LMC more involved with these issues. Even if LMC does not want to develop these kits, they should OPENLY endorse and support the fielding of these kits. Maybe even provide incentive for small companies to develop these packages..... For example, sell the 3rd party add-on via the Lite Machines web site.

Some serious thoughts, Richard Carlton combat@rcconsulting.com

-----------------------------
REPLY FROM LMC
-----------------------------

Dear Richard,

We are currently working with a third party vendor who will be offering many new product to support the demands of our customer's. Lite machines is busy developing products to make our helicopter's better all the time. Some are not apparent to everyone but if you had a LMH100 you would be able to note the changes. You have some very good ideas, however if anybody wanted most of the features you listed they could easily goto those distributors and purchase them. Some are not in Lite machines products because they are specialty items, (i.e. video camera mount.) This would be a pretty advanced feature and the cost is prohibitive both for us and the average consumer. We have been listening to our customer's want's and needs and as we develop new products we keep them in mind. Please keep an eye on our website, for new products and upgrades.

Thanks Larry
Captain Carlton is offline Find More Posts by Captain Carlton
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2002, 09:29 PM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
In Heli Wonderland
Joined Aug 1999
22,801 Posts
Who is LMC?
Fred Bronk is offline Find More Posts by Fred Bronk
Old Nov 18, 2002, 09:33 PM
Fairfield, CA
Joined Apr 2002
1,513 Posts
Lite Machines Corp.
Old Nov 18, 2002, 10:03 PM
Indianapolis, IN, USA
Joined Oct 2000
523 Posts
Richard

I've looked into a horizontal stab as well, but haven't put one on my Corona yet. Would you mind adding some additonal comments (and pics) as to your findings? Does it help keep the heli from pitching up?

Also, your comments about Larry being nice....I live on the far west side of Indianapolis and can drive to Lite Machines in about 45 minutes. I've visited them 4-5 times so far for spare parts and they have always been extremely nice and helpful. Larry spent 20-30 minutes talking with me and showing me some hints/tips for building my Corona. They've got a nice setup, LOTS of spare parts, and a great crew working there. They've done their homework and have built a good flyer, but I too would like to see them offer additional items for the Corona. A couple of things they may offer in the future is an ARF Corona, and a brushless setup. Although no time frame was given.

Regards,
Buckey29 is offline Find More Posts by Buckey29
Old Nov 18, 2002, 10:10 PM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
In Heli Wonderland
Joined Aug 1999
22,801 Posts
The stab helps with FFF,I had one on a 110

I would like to see conopy options the most. We really need those! The DEETEE canopy is nice, but we need a scale 1 or 2.
(I think a Apache is a natural for it, and we need an Airwolf for sure!)

The BL just drops in now with NO mods.

I would like to see them chime in here and really get things going!
(YES, I have asked them!)
Fred Bronk is offline Find More Posts by Fred Bronk
Last edited by Fred Bronk; Nov 18, 2002 at 10:13 PM.
Old Nov 18, 2002, 10:18 PM
Apex, NC
Joined Jan 2002
1,492 Posts
When I last talked with LMC one month ago, they had a very low opinion of ezonemag. They thought it was full of misinformation; therefore they were going to eventually setup their own forum on their web site.

Based on their apathy toward CP and other options, I'm sure I will be moving on to a Raptor 50 when it comes time. Personally, I would buy today, a reasonably priced CP mod for the Corona if I could.

Victor
vkmaynard is offline Find More Posts by vkmaynard
Old Nov 18, 2002, 10:51 PM
Fairfield, CA
Joined Apr 2002
1,513 Posts
Yah,

I have real mixed feelings toward LMC. If they think this forum is crap, then I would like to know what info is inaccurate.

Every issue I have seen has been experienced here previously, and sometimes frequently.

I think the A.F. issue is a classic example. They think the fusion 7 is god's gift, and in reality, a number of us have had SERIOUS problems.

We are not making this up.

It takes a MAN to stand up and say, "Yes, XYZ part sucks, and we are sorry. We are going to fix it by doing this....."

Instead I and the folks from ezone are left feeling like idiots becuase our Fusion 7 basically fried our Helos, and LMC doesn't believe it, or won't come clean. Very irriatating.

So on one side Larry is great (and I'll buy that), and on the otherside we have a lack of honesty, or a severe case have having the "blinders" on.

I guess if the LMH sucked, we wouldn't bother writing this up. We'd just throw it away and quit buying. The problem is that the LMH doesn't suck, and we love out little helos. ArrrHHHH!!!!
Old Nov 18, 2002, 11:16 PM
-Flight enthusiast_
Lake Louise, AB, Canada
Joined Feb 2000
3,563 Posts
"They thought it was full of misinformation"

Yes, heresy like all that talk that's gone on for years about electric power being viable for the LMH

Cheers!

Glen
gpeden is offline Find More Posts by gpeden
Old Nov 19, 2002, 08:12 AM
Apex, NC
Joined Jan 2002
1,492 Posts
Captain Carlton,

The Fusion 35 is prime example of denial. Since I've made a number of inventions (i.e. My First Keyboard see www.kidtech.com) and machines, built experimental airplanes, write software, fly real planes, hold an Aerospace degree, etc; I don't think I'm that stupid. They implied that I was in the vast minority of people with Fusion problems (along with the other ezoners).

Further, I can't believe that the ONLY brushless set up its the one their vendor recommends (Aveox and Castle Controller). They've never tried the Hacker C40 12S and they are the engineers. From what I've seen, the Hacker out performs the Aveox in duration and power.

Certainly the AF is by far a better brushed choice than the Fusion, but they don't agree (I assume because they can't get the margins from Koyosho).

The heli is great and I would recommend it to anyone getting started.

Victor
Old Nov 19, 2002, 09:18 AM
San Diego, Ca
Joined Jul 2001
199 Posts
LMC opinions on EZONE

This is not the first time I have heard vendors and manufacturers not liking EZONE. The problem is that their products really get scrutinized here on the EZONE. While without a doubt some of the product problems are due to user error or misunderstanding, many if not most problems, are legitimate. If a lot members are saying the same thing about a product then the manufacturer should take note. EZONE is a gold mine for them to understand their market and determine if a product needs reevalutation. I think this forum has sold a lot of Coronas. I for one would not have bought a Corona if I hadn't heard such good things about them here on this forum. I was getting ready to buy an Eco8 which probably would have been a horrible first heli. So I think it would make sense for LMC to work with us not against us.
jared salbato is offline Find More Posts by jared salbato
Old Nov 19, 2002, 12:05 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2002
385 Posts
I bought my Corona because of the recommendation here on Ezone. I also recommended this heli to someone who also bought the full kit along with the Fusion motor. Boy what Crap he had to throw away the motor after about twenty flights and buy a different brand which works a lot bettor.

That being said every time I talk to lite machines they say "The Corona was optimized for the Fusion machine"

They don't even want to hear about anything else.

I enjoy the heck out of my Corona.

Jason
JasonD is offline Find More Posts by JasonD
Old Nov 19, 2002, 12:10 PM
Endangered User
United States, FL, Casselberry
Joined Jul 2002
1,313 Posts
OK.

I am on the brink of taking the plunge and buying a Corona. Should I buy the combo with the motor and ESC or not?

Matt
MattLarson29 is offline Find More Posts by MattLarson29
Old Nov 19, 2002, 12:27 PM
Joined Nov 2001
1,488 Posts
No, skip that combo....Take the corona clean, get an AF!
Tom Viper is offline Find More Posts by Tom Viper
Old Nov 19, 2002, 12:45 PM
Apex, NC
Joined Jan 2002
1,492 Posts
Matt,

How many expletives would you like in front of NO!!

If you can afford brushless I would go that way. If not, the Atomic Force is a much better option and any esc (Jeti for example) where the break can be disabled.

You do need to get a 9 tooth pinion.

Victor
Old Nov 19, 2002, 02:18 PM
Texas,USA
Joined May 2001
617 Posts
"Online" vendors for Lite Machines products...

Why aren't Lite Machines products offered at any of the American "online" hobby stores (Tower Hobbies, Hobby People, HeliHobby, Horizon, etc...). From what I've gathered the top three places that currently sell Lite Machines products "online" in America are:

1. Lite Machines website
2. N/A
3. N/A

Gee, it sure would be nice to shop around for all of these much needed Corona parts! When asking my local hobby shop for availability on their Corona's and parts they replied, "We don't sell alchoholic beverages here..."

Note: When I say "online", I mean not email correspondance.
flytowner is offline Find More Posts by flytowner