HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 23, 2009, 11:19 PM
United States, MI, Detroit
Joined Feb 2004
9,090 Posts
I had it out in 15-20 mph winds and it did pretty good.. did get pushed around a little, but held its own, especially during landing which was really nice.
ashdec87 is offline Find More Posts by ashdec87
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2009, 08:39 AM
We shall serve the Lord
United States, TX, Kingsland
Joined Sep 2005
5,107 Posts
My Seawind is headed to SEFF for the second year. It takes off Mac Hodges close cut grass just fine. I'll try and upload some pictures next week - when I'm not flying!
McD
kingsflyer is offline Find More Posts by kingsflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Old Apr 26, 2009, 10:10 AM
Capitalist
United States, CA, Redding
Joined Sep 2008
1,903 Posts
i just did the madin on my .60 seawind yesterday with my dad and his. I'm running an eflite 60, 100ampHV ESC, and a 6 cell 8000mah pack. What a fun bird to fly. I just uploaded the vid on youtube.
mine is the white one, the other is dads. He's running an eflite 110 off 7cells
fnlrun is offline Find More Posts by fnlrun
Last edited by fnlrun; Apr 26, 2009 at 10:42 AM.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 04:59 PM
Ozzie Express wiggy pilot
YANKALILLA , SOUTH AUSTRALIA.
Joined Nov 2002
5,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsflyer
My Seawind is headed to SEFF for the second year. It takes off Mac Hodges close cut grass just fine. I'll try and upload some pictures next week - when I'm not flying!
McD
Be sure to check out 'Wiggy' the round the world flyer , I put the Aussie flag on her when it came here
Ian
SON OF PALEFACE is offline Find More Posts by SON OF PALEFACE
Old Apr 27, 2009, 12:52 AM
We shall serve the Lord
United States, TX, Kingsland
Joined Sep 2005
5,107 Posts
I'll try and get some pics of Wiggy. Not sure if they intend to fly her though.
McD
kingsflyer is offline Find More Posts by kingsflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Old Apr 27, 2009, 02:36 AM
Ozzie Express wiggy pilot
YANKALILLA , SOUTH AUSTRALIA.
Joined Nov 2002
5,234 Posts
OOOOOOOOOOhhhhh Yeah , quite a few will fly her...........

Fireman Bill is taking her there.....
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/imag...0&type=profile
SON OF PALEFACE is offline Find More Posts by SON OF PALEFACE
Old Apr 27, 2009, 12:15 PM
New Fairfield, CT
Joined Mar 2006
488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnlrun
i just did the madin on my .60 seawind yesterday with my dad and his. I'm running an eflite 60, 100ampHV ESC, and a 6 cell 8000mah pack. What a fun bird to fly. I just uploaded the vid on youtube.
mine is the white one, the other is dads. He's running an eflite 110 off 7cells
Those birds look amazing. I really like the idea of painting the wing tips and tail fin red - should help a lot to keep orientation in the air. I may need to visit that on mine...

Thanks for sharing the pics!
LeftyF is offline Find More Posts by LeftyF
Old Apr 27, 2009, 09:41 PM
Capitalist
Joined Sep 2008
1,903 Posts
my pleasure. I'm going to ask some of the vinal shops around here if they can do a shark mouth on my white one.

Kinda like the A-10 Warthog
Old Apr 29, 2009, 11:27 AM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,301 Posts
Hey guys,

I crashed my Seawind last Sunday. The wind was about 6-8 mph and all seemed fine but after take off it pitched up and I compensated and it pitched down and the ground compensated. I almost managed to hit flat but it was just enough not to cause damage to the hull. However it was enough to slam the tail into the ground thus causing the motor mount to let go and the prop chew its way through the plane. Good news is the plane is already repairs and ready to go again. Bad news is the prop is just a hub now and tower has them back ordered. I have an 8x6 from my PBY. I put it on and it seemed ok but I figured I would ask here. Will loosing that .5" of pitch make a big difference in how the plane flies? Do you recommend a different prop for better performance?

Thanks,
Orion
Orion Pax is offline Find More Posts by Orion Pax
Old Apr 29, 2009, 12:21 PM
Knoxville, TN
Joined Dec 2005
1,502 Posts
Isn't the stock prop a GP 8x6SF? Anything upto 9" will work just fine. I'm using a Master Airscrew 9x6, but I have tested all kinds of 8x6 and 9x5/6 props with good results on all.

Eric
EricJ320 is offline Find More Posts by EricJ320
Old Apr 29, 2009, 04:37 PM
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,301 Posts
the stock prop is a 8x6.5

I have a 9x7x3, 9x6 apc and the 86 that cam with the PBY. The 9x seem awfully close to the top of the plane. Doesn't it nick it on take offs and landings?
Old Apr 29, 2009, 04:57 PM
Knoxville, TN
Joined Dec 2005
1,502 Posts
I just looked at my stock prop and it is an 8x6, maybe they put different props in different runs at the factory. The 9" props are close to the fuse, and I have a few hack marks on it to prove it from hard landings on land. But to me it's worth it for performance. It doesn't happen to me on water, which is pretty much all I do anymore, plus I'm getting better at landing this plane. If you don't want to have to worry about it, go with the 8".

Eric
EricJ320 is offline Find More Posts by EricJ320
Old Apr 29, 2009, 05:16 PM
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,301 Posts
Thanks man. I fly off of water too but I was hoping to maiden a ground plane so I took off from grass for the first time since last August and it punished me. LOL! Thanks man for the help.

Orion
Old Apr 29, 2009, 11:17 PM
United States, MI, Detroit
Joined Feb 2004
9,090 Posts
I finally got a chance to fly it in calm weather.. that was a blast, worked on my landings and finally can reliably grease it in...lots of fun for sure. On a side note a bunch of my push rods and the torque rod are rusting. I sprayed it with corrosion x, hopefully that'll help.

I also sprayed all of my electronics with the corrosion x. Is that all I have to do? I just sprayed it, let the excess drain out. I also coated the servos around the output shaft with vasaline.
ashdec87 is offline Find More Posts by ashdec87
Old Apr 29, 2009, 11:27 PM
Capitalist
Joined Sep 2008
1,903 Posts
someone help me out with this corrision x thing.

I've had my .60 seawind for 2 weeks and about 5 flights on her. I always open the hatch for the ESC and batterys when I get home but haven't done squat for the servos.