HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 01, 2008, 06:54 PM
United States, OH, New Franklin
Joined May 2004
450 Posts
I used this type. So far I've only tried it on a cheap servo and then just the electronics and not the motor. Ran it underwater for a couple of hours before it started getting twitchy. Dried it out and it still works perfectly. Try the trigger dispenser. Aerosol cans tend to be more propellant than active ingredients.

Good Luck!
trashbug is offline Find More Posts by trashbug
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2008, 07:24 PM
Ozzie Express wiggy pilot
YANKALILLA , SOUTH AUSTRALIA.
Joined Nov 2002
5,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trashbug
I used this type. So far I've only tried it on a cheap servo and then just the electronics and not the motor. Ran it underwater for a couple of hours before it started getting twitchy. Dried it out and it still works perfectly. Try the trigger dispenser. Aerosol cans tend to be more propellant than active ingredients.

Good Luck!
Yep , after looking at their web site , I have the wrong one
SON OF PALEFACE is offline Find More Posts by SON OF PALEFACE
Old Apr 01, 2008, 08:37 PM
Ohio
Joined May 2003
2,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SON OF PALEFACE
Yep , after looking at their web site , I have the wrong one
I use the same version I got here:

http://www.greatlakescorrosion.com/p...products_id=30

I dunk the ESC in a container full and let drip dry on a paper towel overnight. I use syringe full to drip into the receiver and let drip dry on a paper towel overnight. I remove the bottom of the servos and use a throw away small brush to brush on electronic board. I do not put on plastic/nylon gears as it is supposed to swell plastic/nylon.

Here is a thread about waterproofing:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372092

Ed
no stick is offline Find More Posts by no stick
Old Apr 02, 2008, 06:31 AM
Dartmouth, NS, Canada
Joined Jul 2005
613 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheleb
Hi Guys,

I've placed the wing in the fuse saddle and tightened the mounting screw as much as possible to draw the wing down. After doing this, the wing's leading edge is seated down onto the saddle, but I cannot get the trailing edge to fully seat down onto the back end of the saddle. Its about 3mm above.

In this location, however, the top-center (rounded) part of the wing, at its trailing edge, is flush with the angled top part of the fuse (it can't be pushed down any further). And the wing bottom is tight against the foam block on top of the plywood wing bolt plate.

My question is: should I sand down this top-center part of the wing, and foam block, in order for the trailing edge to fully seat in the wing saddle, but consequently leaving a bump at the top of the fuse where the trailing edge of the wing center meets it? Or, do I just leave things as they are, with the trailing edge 2mm above the fuse saddle (causing the wing incidence to be -2 or -3 degrees with respect to the fuse saddle)?

Has anyone else had a problem with the wing not fully seating against the fuse saddle?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Bill

Check out my post #447. I removed the foam block and made a wooden replacement. Wing fits great.

Kevin
Hunter850 is offline Find More Posts by Hunter850
Old Apr 07, 2008, 01:50 PM
We shall serve the Lord
United States, TX, Kingsland
Joined Sep 2005
5,050 Posts
We had 3 Seawinds at our float fly this morning. Mine is the review model in the center and the other two had their first water takeoffs this morning. Three different motor/battery/ESC setups, and all flew great. This is one terrific little seaplane.
Mike McD
kingsflyer is offline Find More Posts by kingsflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Old Apr 07, 2008, 02:00 PM
tic
thunderscreech
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
Mike, where is your SPINNER????? !!!!!
tic is offline Find More Posts by tic
Old Apr 07, 2008, 03:03 PM
master crasher!!!!!!!!!!!
Nokomis
Joined Apr 2007
28 Posts
Guys please forgive my ignorance. I used the stock setup recommended by Great Planes and used a Berg 4ch reciever. I have never used electric other than Parkzone RTf stuff in the past and am wondering what i have to do to get things set up. Can i just plug the stuff in to the proper channels and go or does the ESC need to be programmed and such???

thanks

Geoff
Geoff-Bedard is offline Find More Posts by Geoff-Bedard
Old Apr 07, 2008, 05:26 PM
We shall serve the Lord
Joined Sep 2005
5,050 Posts
If you are using the Electrifly Silver Series 25A Brushless ESC, you can just plug it in and it will work. You will have to plug in the power battery, then move the throttle to full bore and wait for a beep, then move the throttle to idle and wait for the arm sound. Then you are ready to go. I highly recommend that you treat the RX and ESC with Red Can CorrosionX before you fly for the first time. No matter how well you seal the plane, water will get in. Water and electronics don't mix well. Look here:
http://www.corrosionx.com/marine.html
Try your local True Value store first. If not in stock, ask them to order it for you. DON'T Fly off water without it!!
Mike McD
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 07, 2008, 05:36 PM
tic
thunderscreech
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
All THREE of those seawinds don't have spinners!... A proper seawind ALWAYS has a spinner
tic is offline Find More Posts by tic
Old Apr 07, 2008, 05:53 PM
Plane on the Brain
Joined Apr 2005
839 Posts
awesome pic, but I like my aluminum spinner.
coolboarder is offline Find More Posts by coolboarder
Old Apr 07, 2008, 10:15 PM
We shall serve the Lord
Joined Sep 2005
5,050 Posts
Spinners Sminners. We don't need no stinkin spinners.

I think I lost mine midflight somewhere and never bothered to put on another.

Mike McD
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 08, 2008, 08:12 AM
Where's the Kaboom?
Ashburn, VA
Joined Mar 2004
568 Posts
Real men don't use foam spinners
NeoLogic is offline Find More Posts by NeoLogic
Old Apr 08, 2008, 09:50 AM
master crasher!!!!!!!!!!!
Nokomis
Joined Apr 2007
28 Posts
Thanks Mike!! I had planned on getting some corrosion X before i went off the H2O. I don't have to worry for at least a couple more weeks up here.... it's still frozen. And thanks for the info. on the ESC. I should have it ready to fly tonight.

Geoff
Geoff-Bedard is offline Find More Posts by Geoff-Bedard
Old Apr 09, 2008, 08:20 AM
Tallahassee, Florida
Joined Mar 2007
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff-Bedard
Thanks Mike!! I had planned on getting some corrosion X before i went off the H2O. I don't have to worry for at least a couple more weeks up here.... it's still frozen. And thanks for the info. on the ESC. I should have it ready to fly tonight.

Geoff
I have a potentially dumb question -- but I'll ask anyway :-). Is Corrosion X safe to use on brushless motors? Is it necessary? If so, has anyone ever heard of a brushless motor burning up as a result of mis-application? I had a Rim-Fire brushless burn up a number of windings and one of the three leads within about 4 days of having applied corrosion x (maybe 3 or 4 flights). I was previously hearing some random "clicks" (very minor) from the motor during flight before the Corrosion X was applied so I'm thinking it may have just been a manufacturing flaw. Thanks in advance.

Fred
blueheron is offline Find More Posts by blueheron
Old Apr 09, 2008, 09:50 AM
USA, IL, Barrington
Joined Feb 2001
1,947 Posts
Fred, use it on your electronics. I would not try it on the motor. I have been flying on water for years and have dunked many a brushless both inrunner and outrunner with no ill effects. Just let them dry out and oil the bearings. Good luck and stay away from salt water!

Pete
peterv is online now Find More Posts by peterv