HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 11, 2007, 09:27 PM
Hmm, could this work?
Holland, MI
Joined Nov 2006
181 Posts
Help!
goggle video cuts out

The video cuts I experience in my goggles are longer and more frequent than what I see in the recorded video. I am using a powered video splitter amplifier, so I don't think the splitting is the issue. I am suspecting something about the goggles shutting down once they don't see a video signal for a couple seconds whereas the video camera I'm using for recording doesn't turn on or shut off based on if it's receiving a signal or not.

Has anyone else noticed this, and is there any solution for it?

I'm using both the Icuiti and the RangeVideo goggles and they are either fully charged or running on AC.

JackBauer is offline Find More Posts by JackBauer
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2007, 09:42 PM
Staten Island, NY, USA
Joined Aug 2006
285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer
The video cuts I experience in my goggles are longer and more frequent than what I see in the recorded video....
Has anyone else noticed this, and is there any solution for it?...
I've noticed the same thing when my friend/spotter decided to "help me" by staying next to my Rx antenna and pointing it to the plane, while he had his cell phone with Bluetooth enabled in his pocked.
Ro
Pepelatz is offline Find More Posts by Pepelatz
Old Aug 12, 2007, 04:02 AM
Resistance is Futile
United States, FL, Panama City Beach
Joined Oct 2001
2,680 Posts
Quote:
The video cuts I experience in my goggles are longer and more frequent than what I see in the recorded video. I am using a powered video splitter amplifier, so I don't think the splitting is the issue. I am suspecting something about the goggles shutting down once they don't see a video signal for a couple seconds whereas the video camera I'm using for recording doesn't turn on or shut off based on if it's receiving a signal or not.

Has anyone else noticed this, and is there any solution for it?

I'm using both the Icuiti and the RangeVideo goggles and they are either fully charged or running on AC.

Does your video receiver use a "blue screen" if it is getting no signal or does it show static snow?

Do you get the exact same behaivior if the displays are connected directly to the video receiver and there is not an image?

Which ICUITI's? The ICUITI's are sensitive to signal since they are 3D capable unless you have the AV320's. I haven't tried them yet.

Camship
camship is offline Find More Posts by camship
Old Aug 12, 2007, 07:18 AM
Shenzhen, China
Joined May 2007
403 Posts
The blank screen is the power saving mode in the Kopin Modules. It turns the backlight off whenever it sees signal degradation (or in this application, static). Its even more annoying on an RC car where you get a lot more signal breakup. The Oriscape video headsets (the flip down visor type) don't have this problem - that's the main reason I used this module as opposed to the Kopin module in the RCV922. Its better to have a static image than no image! -Fat Shark
fatshark is offline Find More Posts by fatshark
Old Aug 12, 2007, 08:20 AM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,970 Posts
Yes Jack, I got the same problem. Effectively the picture come black when the video signal is to weak. I did not have this problem with my old goggle. We can do nothing. Our goggle are not design for FPV...
VRflyer is offline Find More Posts by VRflyer
Old Aug 12, 2007, 09:13 AM
Hmm, could this work?
Holland, MI
Joined Nov 2006
181 Posts
Thanks, guys, for confirming the explanation to this problem. It's good to understand what's happening and know that it can't be fixed (unless I were to get the Oriscapes). Now I can relax
Old Aug 12, 2007, 11:48 AM
Lost in the smog...
Joined Jul 2002
291 Posts
Can I ask what model you are having trouble with? Im in the market for a good pair and was looking at the ones Vova has on RangeVideo. I see he has 2 models now, and would like to know what models to avoid.

Thanks.. Jon
JonM is offline Find More Posts by JonM
Old Aug 12, 2007, 10:04 PM
Hmm, could this work?
Holland, MI
Joined Nov 2006
181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
Can I ask what model you are having trouble with? Im in the market for a good pair and was looking at the ones Vova has on RangeVideo. I see he has 2 models now, and would like to know what models to avoid.

Thanks.. Jon
Jon, I don't think the problem is with those specific goggles, but just with any goggle that has this energy-saving feature that powers off the goggle (to some extent) when it thinks it's not receiving a signal. The ones I got from RangeVideo (the Rvision 640x480) and also the AV230 I have from Icuiti both do this, and it sounds like only something like the Oriscape goggles mentioned by fatshark don't, but then those are the visor type and I don't know if you want that.

In summary I would highly recommend the Rvision goggles from RangeVideo.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 02:52 AM
Resistance is Futile
Joined Oct 2001
2,680 Posts
Quote:
Jon, I don't think the problem is with those specific goggles, but just with any goggle that has this energy-saving feature that powers off the goggle (to some extent) when it thinks it's not receiving a signal. The ones I got from RangeVideo (the Rvision 640x480) and also the AV230 I have from Icuiti both do this, and it sounds like only something like the Oriscape goggles mentioned by fatshark don't, but then those are the visor type and I don't know if you want that.

In summary I would highly recommend the Rvision goggles from RangeVideo.
Has anyone besides myself tried using the high res DV920 ICUITI's? The AV230 is their bargian version. As you might expect from the name the AV230's are 320x240 vs. the Rvisions 640x480.

Holy Cow! The VR920's are $400 WITH 3 axis head tracking. WOW http://www.icuiti.com/products/vr920.html. No wonder there is a back log of orders.

Camship

Camship
Old Aug 13, 2007, 05:59 AM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,970 Posts
How will you use the 3 axis head tracking, it's not compatible with our radio.
$245 for FH545 goggle + Aeropix headtracker is around the same price.
VRflyer is offline Find More Posts by VRflyer
Old Aug 13, 2007, 06:06 AM
Resistance is Futile
Joined Oct 2001
2,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRflyer
How will you use the 3 axis head tracking, it's not compatible with our radio.
$245 for FH545 goggle + Aeropix headtracker is around the same price.
I am using a PCTx AND/OR external tracker, (TrackR1) to my TX so I can use both.

Anyone that has the Z-800's can do the same thing with the internal tracker built in.

Camship