HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 29, 2008, 11:33 AM
"How old are you?"
Brummeh's Avatar
Brum, U.K.
Joined Feb 2006
544 Posts
I got 2 hovers inside last-night but it was raining so hard i could hardly hear the motor....... Then i had to walk through 6" of water to get to my car

And now its blowing a gale again....


Let's hope for better weather the weekend..


Mike
Brummeh is offline Find More Posts by Brummeh
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2008, 11:47 AM
LaurenceGough's Avatar
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Wow, it's been pretty bad hasn't it Mike, it was so good at the weekend though, strange eh!


I flew 6 packs.





.


.


.

On my Robins 22 inside.... Lol

At least I got one flying, no matter how small/bad.
LaurenceGough is offline Find More Posts by LaurenceGough
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 12:39 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
p4ddy's Avatar
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technex
Wow, it's been pretty bad hasn't it Mike, it was so good at the weekend though, strange eh!


I flew 6 packs.





.


.


.

On my Robins 22 inside.... Lol

At least I got one flying, no matter how small/bad.




You got me then I thought WHAT in this wind!!!


I went flying too......
















































90mph down the M27 in the work van
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 12:41 PM
LaurenceGough's Avatar
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Ahahahahahhahahahaha!



Nah, the wind doesn't bother me, I would be flying if it wasn't for the bent main frame . I tried flying my Robins 22 outside but it was like some invisible force was trying to push it into the ground and nearby objects .
LaurenceGough is offline Find More Posts by LaurenceGough
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 12:56 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
p4ddy's Avatar
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Without checking the weather i'd estimate it being 35mph gusts which is too much for me. I've tried flying in this kind off wind & it takes a long time to land (safely) so i don't attempt it anymore
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 04:59 PM
LaurenceGough's Avatar
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Hit throttle hold and do one of ya autos my friend .


Well, today other than the flights with Robins 22 I fixed both the Robins 22 (duh lol) and the Falcon 3D (with Gorilla gear) when I finally got my package in the day (silly Parcelforce).

Gorilla gear is nice, I had to mod it to fit the Falcon 3D slightly, and I even had to make my own darn tube skids with a fibreglass tailboom of another heli, not perfect but it works.

Can't wait until I try out the blades on my Dragonus 450.

I got another set of Align hex's as they are so awesome, use it in my flight box etc.

Few other bits and bobs not pictured.

Got a trex work mat also . Stop the screws falling off onto the floor in my workshop and it'll stop my dirty nitro truggy stuff getting near my helis (keep having that problem).


So now I have three flyable helis (well soon to be when I get them frames for my Dragonus!)
LaurenceGough is offline Find More Posts by LaurenceGough
Last edited by LaurenceGough; Jul 29, 2008 at 05:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 08:36 PM
Dragonus II Plus
Realmkaos's Avatar
Outside Philly
Joined Jun 2007
786 Posts
I got to fly a bit today on my lunch break , didn't get a whole lot of flight time in because it took forever to get my new blades to track right and then I had to adjust the gain on the gyro, but it was better then nothing
Realmkaos is offline Find More Posts by Realmkaos
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 11:46 PM
BeeZaur 480
BowerR64's Avatar
Parkville Mo.
Joined Dec 2004
5,522 Posts
I flew a few packs at this local soccer field when no one was there and my heli got attacked by a couple small birds. Not sure if they felt it was a predator flying around their nest or what but thats the first time ive had it happen.

I then moved over to the parking lot and a flock of about 20 geese flew by and then circled the lot and then flew on.

Really weird day, a few cars stopped in to see what i was doing but the only things that were distracting me were the birds. To much sky traffic at that place.
BowerR64 is offline Find More Posts by BowerR64
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2008, 06:44 AM
heli addict
humveeflyer's Avatar
Ohio
Joined Nov 2003
3,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowerR64
I flew a few packs at this local soccer field when no one was there and my heli got attacked by a couple small birds. Not sure if they felt it was a predator flying around their nest or what but thats the first time ive had it happen.

I then moved over to the parking lot and a flock of about 20 geese flew by and then circled the lot and then flew on.

Really weird day, a few cars stopped in to see what i was doing but the only things that were distracting me were the birds. To much sky traffic at that place.
That's pretty funny. I never had the birds attack, but I cut a dragonfly in half...
humveeflyer is online now Find More Posts by humveeflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2008, 11:54 AM
My planes have left thrust :s
vanepico's Avatar
United Kingdom, St Albans
Joined Sep 2005
1,850 Posts
atleast 30 degrees celcius here in norfolk , before i came i hovered my heli in theback garden and had a butterfly go through the rotors and it flew off, stopped the rotors and it had left a bit of its wing on he rotor
vanepico is offline Find More Posts by vanepico
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2008, 12:48 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
p4ddy's Avatar
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technex
Hit throttle hold and do one of ya autos my friend .


Well, today other than the flights with Robins 22 I fixed both the Robins 22 (duh lol) and the Falcon 3D (with Gorilla gear) when I finally got my package in the day (silly Parcelforce).

Gorilla gear is nice, I had to mod it to fit the Falcon 3D slightly, and I even had to make my own darn tube skids with a fibreglass tailboom of another heli, not perfect but it works.

Can't wait until I try out the blades on my Dragonus 450.

I got another set of Align hex's as they are so awesome, use it in my flight box etc.

Few other bits and bobs not pictured.

Got a trex work mat also . Stop the screws falling off onto the floor in my workshop and it'll stop my dirty nitro truggy stuff getting near my helis (keep having that problem).


So now I have three flyable helis (well soon to be when I get them frames for my Dragonus!)


I use black gorila gear, should've shown you on my 1st visit. You must have saved up every penny from your last job... 2 new Kongs, THREE SETS of radix blades (very envious)... neon tail blades, more hex keys.

I want Align tools but only want the ones necesary for working on the Trex 450. I don't need a mat as i just use the carpet
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2008, 01:06 PM
LaurenceGough's Avatar
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
I could buy a Trex 700 today if I wished, but no thanks, not yet...

Black skids?!? Neon my friend .

I couldn't recommend them enough mate, they are excellent, only ~10 quid from Readyheli.

Falcon 3D is being a pain, I've spent most of today working on it, some vibes coming from somewhere, checked main blades, feathering, main, tail, gear, motor and I still can't find out where it's from. I even replaced the dampeners... Annoying thing.

Oh well, at least I got to fly the Robins 22 about 8 times, lol.
LaurenceGough is offline Find More Posts by LaurenceGough
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2008, 01:11 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
zen@lanset.com's Avatar
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Clear sky. Sun at a perfect angle to see the helicopter. Yellow canopy on the BCPP. Empty ball field. Easy circuits and eights and stall turns. Back to work before anyone noticed!
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2008, 01:35 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
p4ddy's Avatar
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Quote:
Back to work before anyone noticed!

sod em, Have another flight




Quote:
Black skids?!? Neon my friend .

I couldn't recommend them enough mate, they are excellent, only ~10 quid from Readyheli.

I had mine on the old rex & then put em on the new. If you auto on the hard ones then on the bendy you really notice the difference on landing. i too highly recomend them. Which ones did you get 'Low profile or regular?' i have regular
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2008, 01:37 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
p4ddy's Avatar
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen@lanset.com
Clear sky. Sun at a perfect angle to see the helicopter.


Could you not just fly back to the sun? regardless of wot position in the sky?
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How late did YOU fly tonight? Tres Wright Parkflyers 41 Mar 12, 2011 06:53 AM
I flew EVERY DAY This Week, What did You FLY? Lv2Fly Electric Plane Talk 4 Jun 29, 2002 11:47 AM
What did YOU fly today? Tres Wright Parkflyers 45 May 28, 2002 05:34 PM
What Did You Fly Today? boomerace Parkflyers 46 May 01, 2002 11:23 PM
Superbike (Mike) did you fly your Honey? hmhoshi Electric Sailplanes 15 Jul 01, 2001 06:27 PM