HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 21, 2013, 02:24 AM
Farmer
United States, CA, San Mateo
Joined Oct 2011
909 Posts
Rc flying jetski flight number two.. (2 min 46 sec)

i flew my dollar tree foam board scratch built stand up jetski lol
f.a.r.m.e.r is offline Find More Posts by f.a.r.m.e.r
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2013, 09:39 AM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clicky View Post
@Zen - I'm very curious to hear if you're going to find them anyhow different than those you already have!
Hi Clicky— I've been having a bit of a time setting up the Quark gyro. For whatever reason it has been pushing the pitch slider too far during corrections, so that a basic hover is an exercise in almost-crashing. I might have gotten it nailed last night and will try to fly again this morning.

f.a.r.m.e.r— that is an absolutely beautiful flying area on a beautiful day. I see that you too are not immune to the charms of fixed wing flight....
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old Feb 21, 2013, 09:57 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.a.r.m.e.r View Post
Even sounds like a jetski - but imagine flying a full size version!
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hk500 tt fbl
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:22 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,202 Posts
Got new batteries and wanted to try if non-bullet blades are stable enough and used it for practising pirouettes...

nano pirouettes training... (2 min 31 sec)

It is quite tough in such a small area...
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Feb 22, 2013, 09:30 AM
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
I flew my 120SR today 2 packs in a little wind which proved challenging however no serious crashes..Happy flying
venicebill is offline Find More Posts by venicebill
Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:06 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
1,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.a.r.m.e.r View Post
That's cool!
finguz is online now Find More Posts by finguz
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:24 PM
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Well, almost kind of a nasty day, despite the clear sky and bright light. Gusting wind that changed directions and cold to boot. I flew the belt driven 450 SE and my buddy flew his Genius CP and almost lost it a few times. I told him there was too much wind for the little micro....

I left the 500 on the ground because flying today was all work and no fun.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:46 AM
I can fly!
Australia, TAS, East Launceston
Joined Aug 2010
84 Posts
Windy as anything here in Tassie too. But we flew at the club yesterday, you just have to keep moving. The down wind passes were blindingly fast!

Also managed a few flips, much more natural now, not overthinking it and freeking out.
dceng888 is offline Find More Posts by dceng888
Old Feb 24, 2013, 01:45 PM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Flew my Airwolf 450 this morning, put the second battery in, and on take off a servo arm broke and one of the blades took out the canopy

I was even doing a video of the whole thing and when I went to download it I saw that I had shut the camera off, what a morning

But , I'll say its my first crash due to mechanical failure instead of me plowing dirt
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Old Feb 24, 2013, 02:27 PM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,202 Posts
I did fly helicopter(s) today because of a plane! Got out for 30 minutes with my new sbach (UMX) and got very cold and because of having a cold, too, decided not to go out to the field to fly helicopters afterwards.

Now I have to wait another 6 days to see if I am going to get a chance...
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Feb 24, 2013, 03:32 PM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,183 Posts
Just back from 4 packs night-flying on my 450.
Did my first nose-in sideways loops. Nice little milestone for me.

Im getting a nice amount of flights out on the evenings the last weeks. sometimes 10 packs. This week i perfected hovering in all 8 orientations (also in wind) and compensating with the rotordisk tilt to counteract the tailrotorthrust before it starts drifting away from its spot.

Next up is perfecting backward flight (long due) and start again working on forward inverted flight. Its the basics i want to master before i continue my half-piroflip practice. I really want to be super confident in my orientations before i start all the crazy stirring stuff. I just know there will be no way back when i start doing it.
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:14 AM
bluefield va.
Joined Sep 2009
318 Posts
Hi guys flew today it was sunny and wind gust to 35mph Southern Wv....Flew my Habu,Styker and 2 Raptor helis......
grasschopper is offline Find More Posts by grasschopper
Old Feb 25, 2013, 06:35 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,365 Posts
down here at Pax River Naval Air Station for work and I decided to drive and brought a few helis. I left the site and dropped by the skeet range to fly my helis. Right next door is the final approach to the runway. I flew 3 paks in my 130X, 1 in my mCPx (it has problems ), and one in my EXI450Pro which made a terrible squeal when I did a flip It was soooooo cool to fly with T-38s, a seahawk, EC-135, P-3, S-3, and a couple of F/A-18s doing crash and dashes in the background.....OMG I would love to hang here. Later I went out with the wife exploring the local area and flew the 130X near a historical Church/graveyard and I flew one more pak in the 130X....it was much smaller field and I flew into tree branches.....but came out the other side still flying

It sure is nice to not have any snow and is above 30degF....with awsome planes and helis EVERYWHERE
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Feb 27, 2013, 09:19 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,583 Posts
bit windy today, but I made myself do inverted hovering practice - my belated new years resolution is no more yank and bank, practice in every flight!
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hk500 tt fbl
Old Feb 27, 2013, 09:23 PM
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Sounds like good weather abounded. It was definitely flyable hereabouts so I got two short sessions in, morning and afternoon. In the morning the Turkish boys flew their FPV Octo-copter camera ship and let me work the camera during one flight. Cool! They also flew a Bixler FPV plane with advanced camera stabilization.

I am getting better at inverted orientations and threw the 450 SE around. No one crashed!