HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 07, 2013, 03:23 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,365 Posts
big snow storm coming in but not too bad right now, only 10 degF but the wind is ~10 MPH.....so the wind chill is -infinity man it's cold out there!

Anyway, I flew a pak in the mCPx and the 130x, felt great to fly, that 130x is powerful and I can do a stationary flip....kind of By the time I got back in the house my hands were frozen, I should have used my TX glove but I wasn't thinking. Next week the temps start to climb again and maybe I can start test flying my rebuilt and newly built helis

Hope everyone is getting air...and I hope it is warming than ours
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2013, 05:39 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,882 Posts
Got the 450 and the 500 out to day. A little rusty but didn't crash and even got some wows from some people. That made my day!
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 08, 2013, 05:58 PM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Flew my HK 450 after a rebuild and everything was perfect..... time to put it in the cheaper Airwolf fuse, kinda tight but I see where to clearance things, OK fine I'll do it tomorrow...... the wife comes out and starts yakin at me asking questions about the buzzing from a servo binding on the tail cap, damn, now I'm getting agravated and shut off the TX first the heli spools up (no blades) and breaks the mixing arms clean off some new cuss words were used!

I had a new Tarot FBL head here for another nicer build, but put it on the clone, now the ball links to the clone head are tight as $%!#. I have some Align balls that may be a looser fit..... gotta get the locktite loosend first and give it a whirl.

I hate it when people bother me when I'm doing something, and after 26 years the wife ought to know better...
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:14 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Well, it looks like some of us were able to grab a little air time today! I did; took the 450 SE to a soccer pitch and flew in fairly brisk wind to verify that my inverted orientations are almost all there. I realized that inverted tail-in isn't just a psychological thing ... you really don't see very much of the helicopter in that orientation. But I had fun chucking it around, and the kids on the nearby schoolyard kept yelling 'Make it come it over here!'

Sorry kids, where you were, the sun would have been right in my eyes....
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old Feb 09, 2013, 03:13 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
I flew my Nano, mCP-X and 130X yesterday. Just a flight or two each to remind myself that I can still fly. Even though I did try to keep up with sim I felt like I forgot many things I knew. This spring will be catching up with my (perceived) skills...
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Feb 09, 2013, 03:00 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,882 Posts
Got the airwolf out today, but as a static display at the Kansas City RC swap meet. Ran the navigation lights all day. Pictures taken with my tablet.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2013, 03:02 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clicky View Post
I flew my Nano, mCP-X and 130X yesterday. Just a flight or two each to remind myself that I can still fly. Even though I did try to keep up with sim I felt like I forgot many things I knew. This spring will be catching up with my (perceived) skills...
I hear you there! I got out flying Friday and kept second guessing myself.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2013, 03:46 PM
Back Yard Flyer
Northern Ontario
Joined Mar 2007
1,571 Posts
No, not today! Hopefully tomorrow! Maidens always add a bit of excitement to the mix, especially since I haven’t touched the sticks on a real one for over three months (other than set-up)

Some wild weather swings along with some unique names!

Mid-January we were hit with a Colorado Low which brought the Temps up above the freezing point and hit us with a mixture of freezing rain/ice pellets. Too crappy & windy to fly!

Better part of the last two weeks it’s been brutally cold, hovering between -30/40C.

Tomorrow it’s supposed to be the remnants of the Alberta Clipper/Texas Low which collided and hammered Southern Ontario/US North East with tons of snow; meanwhile we never got a flake, weird! Anyhow the weather gal forecasts -1C. Hope she’s correct!

@zen@lanset.com… did you manage to get the FBL airborne?
@mhills51… nice display!
Power Up is offline Find More Posts by Power Up
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:29 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
I've µBeasted my second (cursed) 130X! It is still not 100% and there are a few strange things about it, but I'm determined.

Also, I've been at local indoor flying and it was way too short! Only 3hours and I got around a dozen flights only . But learned to do flips/rolls with Hubsan X4

Yesterday was really good as we've been in slightly bigger hall - and hall without top net so could easily practice moebious loops with first nano and then 130X (although I was so conservative with 130X). All in all - good evening especially as there's nothing of regular Sunday flying - it is raining here again!
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:26 PM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,196 Posts
Finally fixed the tail of my 250. HK S306G-HV servo on tail... done!

Also just laughed my ass off about this guy.

Goto 3:00

aller anfang ist schwer! (9 min 50 sec)
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:43 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,882 Posts
LOL!! I couldn't even think of lifting off anything bigger than a 130 in that space and with tree cover from above. Maybe he didn't want to be seen. Then maybe he shouldn't of been filming. He was so upset that he forgot about the camera.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:13 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,605 Posts
At least he kept his shades on..... makes you wonder how people like that get a large heli in the first place!
2Doggs is online now Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:52 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,274 Posts
That was classic video...lol. Glad he wasn't hurt in the making of it.
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:09 AM
I can fly!
Australia, TAS, East Launceston
Joined Aug 2010
84 Posts
Classic, LOL had to watch it a few times.

I wouldn't even stand that close to my 450!
dceng888 is offline Find More Posts by dceng888
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:56 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
That was dangerous. He doesn't seem to be very experienced and trying such a big heli that close - he was lucky he didn't get hurt! Why he just pushed collective up when it went out of his comfort zone (tail moved to the left quite soon he lifted it off) I have no idea.

But video is hilarious - heli being that high up for such a long time - 4 long seconds it was trimming that tree... Even better - around 4:20 you can see more branches falling... And - it is impressive how little damage that heli sustained!