Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 20, 2008, 04:22 PM
"How old are you?"
Brum, U.K.
Joined Feb 2006
544 Posts
I saw a heli that i want as my next toy so i need to get saving...........

At Farnborough...

Mike
Brummeh is offline Find More Posts by Brummeh
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2008, 04:28 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,746 Posts
I want a Apache 121 attack helicopter for Christmas!!! You'll shoot your eye out kid.

A Christmas Story.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 20, 2008, 05:26 PM
Psurvival = 1/ThArrival
Maryland, USA
Joined Jan 2007
8,577 Posts
I'm just jealous because he can go to Farnborough.
osterizer is offline Find More Posts by osterizer
Old Jul 20, 2008, 07:32 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,746 Posts
Well been waiting for the temp to go down. Went out and did some fast 8's and guess what. One of those trees came out of no where. I saved it by bringing it down but went threw another set of landing gear and bent flybar and big nick in the blades. I still flew another pack.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 20, 2008, 10:13 PM
North Idaho
Joined Jul 2007
162 Posts
I flew my RC-tek 450 and my freshly rebuilt Falcon today. I try to fly every day, usually get to depending on the weather and wind. Usually by about 7:30 in the evening the wind has dropped and the temps are down into the low 80's.
JasonJ1969 is offline Find More Posts by JasonJ1969
Old Jul 20, 2008, 11:04 PM
USA, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Sep 2007
4,066 Posts
Did a short flight today. Have to wait a week for my lhs to get a main gear..
JustinMoore12 is offline Find More Posts by JustinMoore12
Old Jul 21, 2008, 04:38 AM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Yep, but I need to learn to do sideways flips and nose-in flips, I've got a crazy fear of doing them but I need to in order to learn inverted correctly. I guess I've just gotta go up high 'n' try .

Just flew 4 packs, going to charge them again in a bit. 2 are dead so they were just used for a bit of inverted practice moving around tail in a bit.

Pretty solid tail-in inverted. Nose in I can do on the sim but in real life I tend to forget all the time, and you can't make a mistake there .
LaurenceGough is offline Find More Posts by LaurenceGough
Old Jul 21, 2008, 11:08 AM
Heliologist...AMA#899937
Richmond, VA...right next to the Airport...
Joined Jan 2008
2,906 Posts
Trid to fly vid

lol hey dudes,

check out this idiot......its apperent the guys has no rating to fly helis.........

Home Built Helicopter Crash (1 min 9 sec)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
BladeCX2Runner is offline Find More Posts by BladeCX2Runner
Old Jul 21, 2008, 04:41 PM
"How old are you?"
Brum, U.K.
Joined Feb 2006
544 Posts
I got 4 packs in tonight....

And "I flew it like i stole it" Great FUN!

Mike
Brummeh is offline Find More Posts by Brummeh
Old Jul 22, 2008, 08:40 AM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
(Copied and pasted for the benefit of non-Dragonus owners)

AWwwwwwwwwww, man.... Real good 4 lipos today, perfect flying, done my first drop of death a few times (when you put heli on side and add full elevator in until close to ground) done my first backflip to the side a few times.

BUT.... on last lipo I tried something I've tried before but always chickened out.

Landing on that damn new flightbox . So narrow... I got her down, timer going on DX7 so had to hurry a little. Landed on it but damn it was next to the edge!!! As I cut power she started vibrating over to the edge, one skid was just falling off so I hit power in normal mode and tried to take off, silly me, spooling up whacked her off and in the dirt she goes. Cut power quickly, hopefully quick enough (haven't had a good look yet).

So far damage seems to be a slightly dented flybar, one slightly dented woodie (at root!??) one broken pitch arm thingy at top of main hub.

First user error crash .

I'm smiling though, I get to stick on my new e-copter awesome metal flybar cage and perhaps some pro woodies/metal upgrades .

Wish radix's were here I would stick them on!

Annoyed me, I have no idea why I hit power to save her, I guess the headspeed she was at kinda scared me if she went in . I just made it worse ha!

Edit: FFSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Frame tweaked again, I AM NOT using this metal frame again, JESUS!!!!!!! I just spent like two whole days rebuilding it!!!

Blades are kinda toast, the covering at the end is coming off very slightly, won't use them for 3D, perhaps some slow hovering heli later.

Elevator servo gone also. MG replacement for all servos, good job I have them!
Last edited by LaurenceGough; Jul 22, 2008 at 09:15 AM.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 09:40 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,202 Posts
@Technex, I am sorry for your heli. But if nothing else it was after good flying, so at least it happened whey you where high. BTW, WTG! You must find someone to tape some of those! I really need to see you sideways tic-toc again...

@Brummeh: I know the feeling! But unfortunately the opposite too! . Sunday I went out with all my batteries (and helicopters ), but only managed three normal flights as a last stage of braking in new batteries, one with good old batteries (in Idle Up 1) only 'just' not to crash it and one very, very, very old (over 1 year - 18C!) battery with my MT just to conclude that there WAS a reason why I have put it aside!
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Jul 22, 2008, 09:41 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,202 Posts
Anyway - today was different . 4 sets with P. and 3 with MT ... No wind (or if there was some breeze I didn't notice it at all)! Started getting use to Protos - it looks like that I am flying it near middle of the stick (hover) and flipping it over requires exactly the same amount on the negative side - but my thumbs got use to punch it much more for MT and all my flips/loops/rolls ended up much, much higher then I started. Now, slowly started getting use to it - flip is: 'just a touch on positive, back elevator, just a tiny bit down on collective and back again'. Cool... (or I have set it incorrectly, but makes little difference to its power ).

@Brummeh: If nothing else Protos brought something else than only stable bird: different new view at MT: MT looks like a toy I do not worry that much crashing in comparison to more expensive one. And today, finally, I have flown both in parallel (not really but in between each other) and although they differ base is pretty much the same - you know how or not Guess which side I am on LOL...

Anyway - fantastic lunch break!
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Jul 22, 2008, 09:42 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,987 Posts
That is just so dam annoying when you do damage from a topple because of trying something (a little daft maybe ) & you spent allday (& half the night) rebuilding it

I had a flight but wasn't comfortable as one of the customers put an official complaint in about me saying i was rude & i was not then in the right frame of mind. I can't help having a misserable face when i'm just normal. It's just the way i look everyone one at my calls say's "hey cheer up" which has the effect of REALLY P*****g me off therefore then making me miserable. Maybe i need plastic surgery so i have a perma smile like David Guest LMFAO

So i just done 3 packs on tic tocs but took em up high so i done two each time, i got to practice collectivec management & get it smooth.
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Old Jul 22, 2008, 09:48 AM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Nice work Paddy and Clicky! And man someone said that?!? Some people need to get lives how can they moan about someone doing there job all day long every day, I mean it's not a law that you have to go around smiling is it? :P.

I need to find out about the carbon frames you just don't want to know how sick I am of these metal ones...

This is going to be a week long rebuild (AND A DAMN BORING WEEK) if I have to buy it from abroad (delivery), perhaps I can try to find it in the UK..
Old Jul 22, 2008, 09:53 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,987 Posts
Quick Clicky, we got a WHOLE week of flying practice to put Technex behind again obn the skills

She thought i was rude the way i spoke to her? "i'll give her rude the St*** C**" In my job you see tons of people ALL with 'I'm so overly happy with life' smiles.
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy