HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 01, 2013, 04:05 AM
Joined Jan 2012
85 Posts
Flight practise on the first day of 2013.

HK450 SE V2 Flybarless with Tarot main hub and Hobbyking main blades holder (6 min 0 sec)
rchobbyfly is offline Find More Posts by rchobbyfly
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2013, 03:35 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
I got two flights in despite seeming gale force winds at the Port of Oakland. I had to track the 450's main blades and it was all I could do to hold in in one place. A couple of families and kids were watching so I felt obliged to take the 450 and the 500 around the park a few times but it was more work than pleasure in that wind.

rchbbyfly— nice work. Rock on!

I hope everyone gets to fly a lot this year.
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old Jan 01, 2013, 03:46 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,265 Posts
We had our first of the year fun fly
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2013, 03:54 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,265 Posts
The guy's that were not in the group pic are from KCheli. Their field faces the west and about 10 minutes away so after they got finished they came out to say hi to us.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2013, 04:21 PM
What's Nitro?
United States, IL, Schaumburg
Joined Dec 2007
756 Posts
Cool.

One of our local groups "Suburban Barnstormers" always has a Jan 1 fly-in too. I never make it though as I don't fly in the cold and there's usually several feet of snow.

So are you the owner of that cool Logo 500? Nice heli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
RCnGuy is offline Find More Posts by RCnGuy
Old Jan 01, 2013, 04:25 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,265 Posts
No I am the owner of the three helis on the right. A 450pro, 500pro, and the airwolf. Flew each one for a pack. Worst was the airwolf. It's battery pack last the longest and by the time I went to land my fingers were frozen lol!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2013, 06:52 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
1,917 Posts
Quote:
No I am the owner of the three helis on the right. A 450pro, 500pro, and the airwolf. Flew each one for a pack. Worst was the airwolf. It's battery pack last the longest and by the time I went to land my fingers were frozen lol!
Nice airwolf! (And other helis too). What brand fuselage did you use? It looks great. I wouldn't mind having an Apache one day, but a lot of the kits I've seen so far seem cheesy. And they are all made for the sev2 align kits it seems, and I have a pro.
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
Old Jan 02, 2013, 01:34 AM
Mr Birdie ~ Flight Expert
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Oct 2004
109 Posts
Fbl

I just flew my new HK450Pro FBL TT, with a zyx-s in it.
I LOVE it , smoooooooth. Compared to my HK450 flybar belt, this thing rocks. I love the set-up by computer, its only on 50% cyclic, and already its quicker than the other one. I'm going to get another, I was going to refurb the flybar but after flying this one, I might de-commission it!LOL.
2StrokeMatty is offline Find More Posts by 2StrokeMatty
Old Jan 03, 2013, 02:27 AM
Farmer
United States, CA, San Mateo
Joined Oct 2011
909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
Wow, all that after just one year!

Yeah i fly micro cp heli's almost everyday so it kinda helped alot... lol
f.a.r.m.e.r is offline Find More Posts by f.a.r.m.e.r
Old Jan 03, 2013, 02:30 AM
Farmer
Joined Oct 2011
909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clicky View Post
You're almost flying better after one year than I after 6! Well done! BTW - how do you find your 6S 450?

Anyway - I flew today - fixed my stretched Protos and ... flew only that (and 3-4 batteries through 130X). Nothing exciting - I haven't been on sim for ages and that can be easily seen in my flying. Nothing new - nothing extra - only things I am quite confident with. And that included many (badly formed) piro flips... LOL

Last 6 batteries I was checking my old batteries and how good they are - old HK batteries which didn't able to deliver and had many LVC telemetry warnings (18V or below!!!). What surprised me where old Rhino 2250mAh, 3S 30C batteries (I flew them two in series in Protos) I charged around 6 months ago (and didn't fly them since) and today they were flying quite nicely! I have them more than 2.5 years and (accidentally) abused them on couple of occasions. They don't have many cycles (<50) but over that period of time and with no care (charged always after flight and and used sparsely) they turned really good!
I love the 6s setup unlimited power plus everything is cool to the touch when i bring it down... flight times are good to, i'm only running 70% flat TC on it i was running those RJX blades, they are so light it makes it so squirly and hard to land lol
Old Jan 03, 2013, 02:34 AM
Farmer
Joined Oct 2011
909 Posts
Quote:
Wow those are all beautiful heli's
Old Jan 03, 2013, 02:38 AM
Farmer
Joined Oct 2011
909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchobbyfly View Post
Flight practise on the first day of 2013.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1vW4AEHFi8
Nice flying how do you do those mobiuos flips??? been still trying to figure those out
Old Jan 03, 2013, 06:41 AM
Joined Jan 2012
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.a.r.m.e.r View Post
Nice flying how do you do those mobiuos flips??? been still trying to figure those out
Thanks. I am using mode 1, watching mode 1 piro flip youtube, and practise on simulator for quite a while. In actual flight, I go high up to perform the flips, still have the fear factor.

Are you on mode 2? I saw mode 2 piro flip is much logical sense, means like stiring in the flip direction? Mode 1 is kinda of not logical stiring. Wish i have started with mode 2 in the first place.
rchobbyfly is offline Find More Posts by rchobbyfly
Old Jan 03, 2013, 06:49 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,192 Posts
'mobiuos flips' - not piro flips... but one way or another - if I am correct, mobius flips are more or less 'elongated' half piro flips. Half piro flips where you leave collective longer and make them deliberately go out of shape. In inverted similar again...

So - as prerequisite you need to be able to do half piro flips confidently...
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:50 AM
Malaysian Flier
Selangor, Malaysia
Joined Jan 2008
232 Posts
sorry to ask, what is mobius flip?
zhnme523 is online now Find More Posts by zhnme523