HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:17 PM
Semi Expert
United States, MA, Norton
Joined Aug 2012
284 Posts
No, I didn't fly today & i have not since 12/09/12 & I am not happy.

But as of last night, right before the end of the World 12/21/2012 while I was asleep, I kept waking up right before midnight. Wondering if it could really happen, then I fell asleep again. I think I woke up 6 times, & darn, the World is still going strong, including the 50 MPH windstorm I am in right now. Is that some sort of omen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
I flew a couple of packs. I was worried about the end of the world. So I started to fly crazy and I crashed one of my Helis. Other than that it was a good day
iflyhelis is offline Find More Posts by iflyhelis
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2012, 02:21 PM
=>] Smack 3D Head [<=
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2007
3,120 Posts
I dreamt about flying r/c planes last night does that count? I don't even have an r/c plane.. But it is raining here in Northern Cali so mCPx indoors today was my plan. Trying not to bust up the good mCPx is the goal lol
HeliSmith is offline Find More Posts by HeliSmith
Old Dec 21, 2012, 02:40 PM
Transmogrified.
Southern California
Joined Feb 2006
2,890 Posts
I flew a micro plane at the park the other day and I buzzed a nano-copter around the living room this morning. Fun!
DismayingObservation is offline Find More Posts by DismayingObservation
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Call it a "review preview."
Old Dec 21, 2012, 06:00 PM
USA, CA, Red Bluff
Joined Dec 2007
952 Posts
I haven't been able to fly for the last week weather has been real bad. Raining cold and windy today. arrg! i'm haveing heli withdrawl don't like it much.
prop bender is offline Find More Posts by prop bender
Old Dec 23, 2012, 03:40 AM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
933 Posts
My 1 year aniversary flying helis flight

Trex 450 Pro DFC ZYXS FBL 6s (2 min 51 sec)

had a close call at the end

happy holidays everyone
f.a.r.m.e.r is offline Find More Posts by f.a.r.m.e.r
Old Dec 23, 2012, 08:21 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,709 Posts
Wow, all that after just one year!
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Dec 23, 2012, 09:03 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
You're almost flying better after one year than I after 6! Well done! BTW - how do you find your 6S 450?

Anyway - I flew today - fixed my stretched Protos and ... flew only that (and 3-4 batteries through 130X). Nothing exciting - I haven't been on sim for ages and that can be easily seen in my flying. Nothing new - nothing extra - only things I am quite confident with. And that included many (badly formed) piro flips... LOL

Last 6 batteries I was checking my old batteries and how good they are - old HK batteries which didn't able to deliver and had many LVC telemetry warnings (18V or below!!!). What surprised me where old Rhino 2250mAh, 3S 30C batteries (I flew them two in series in Protos) I charged around 6 months ago (and didn't fly them since) and today they were flying quite nicely! I have them more than 2.5 years and (accidentally) abused them on couple of occasions. They don't have many cycles (<50) but over that period of time and with no care (charged always after flight and and used sparsely) they turned really good!
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Dec 24, 2012, 04:15 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,709 Posts
SIM pc

Three flights this morning, comparing a CX 3x1000 with a CX-ZYX V3.5. The comparison wasn't as clear cut as I had hoped, however. Whilst the collective felt better on the CX-ZYX, the tail on the CX was terrible, though I used my previous known good settings for it. Might just be that the CX works with lower gain, since there was a bit of wag going on.

Happily, UPS delivered my motherboard and USPS the memory today, so I was able to build my new pc - an AMD Trinity desktop, using a pc recently picked up from the kerb - I'm a real dumpster-diver! The case is decent, as is the power supply and there was even a good SATA DVD burner in it. I'm going to use the new pc hooked up to the TV, with SIM use in mind, hence the AMD onboard graphics, which are about twice as fast as the best Intel onboard stuff.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 25, 2012, 08:53 AM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,365 Posts
yesterday was a beautiful day but holiday festivities kept me from flying. I did finish building a 450 pro that I picked up for cheap with a DX6i, man that heli was a mess, it is pretty clear why it never flew, 3 different cyclic servos with the balls on different holes

Anyway, time to clean that mess up, put the heli in the waiting to test fly pile and start on the Christmas booty

Hope everyone is having a great holiday!!!
Merry Christmas!
Ed
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:43 AM
USA, CA, Red Bluff
Joined Dec 2007
952 Posts
I finaly was able to test my three blade head yesterday afternoon. it works flys great. Now I've gotta get a fuselage for it. Fly safe. Ed
prop bender is offline Find More Posts by prop bender
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:52 AM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
One quick flight before the rain started, but a nice beginning to Christmas day. Merry Christmas to RC'ers everywhere.
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:59 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,474 Posts
Glade you are all getting some flying in! If I was to fly now the heli would crack when I tried to land and my nose would fall off. lol!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!!
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 28, 2012, 02:11 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,709 Posts
4 packs thru the 450 this morning, in a weather window between blocks of rain passing thru. I crashed my #1 450 yesterday, losing orientation with the new canopy. I rebuilt the #2 450 with the new Tarot thrust tail rotor, and put in the 2223 2900kv motor and RJX fbl head off the #1. It flew better than the #1 - I think there's something going on with the mainshaft bearings and OWB on the #1. I was also surprised at how well the Henge 933's work on cyclic - to be honest, I couldn't tell the difference between them and the DS410's on the #1. The HK15158A tail servo on the #2 also works a little better than the Gotek 9257 on the #1, and stays cooler. I was able to up my tail gain by 5% points.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:53 AM
Mt helena western australia
Joined May 2009
2,013 Posts
ohhhhh did i fly =P bought a UMX beast 3D, havent had such a blast flying in a long time XD almost 20min a flight!!!!!!!, unlimited vertical and PARTS SUPPORT =D
rangamatchstic is offline Find More Posts by rangamatchstic
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:57 AM
Mt helena western australia
Joined May 2009
2,013 Posts
had to carbon fibre rod a few parts as i busted a few small things such as the wing supports are really weak =/ but meh, still goes vertical easily. Also.....picture a hobbyking EPP FPV...............then picture a rod through the middle on bushings which can be rotated from horizontal to 70 degress up with a 69mm EDF on each end running off 4s with elevator mixing......FUN =3, almost blew up the two crappy batts i had in series running it though =s, really old turnigy 5000mah 2s 30cs. And i still cant land the p47 =/ nice plane, easy to fly and do a few stunts but landing is a nightmare.
rangamatchstic is offline Find More Posts by rangamatchstic