HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:26 PM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,930 Posts
Yes! Beautiful day in CT.. 50 and sunny, very little wind.. Put about ten packs through my ASbach3X, a few through my Mig, and a couple through my 300X.

I was flying the ASbach3X at about Mach III, and smacked it right into a pole

Rebuilding tonight.
TurboRacer is offline Find More Posts by TurboRacer
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:22 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Nice weather here too!

Got only small helis out: MT (6S stretcheed), normal MT, HK250GT, 130X and nano out with me. Unfortunately didn't get to fly 6S MT as I forgot Y cable so had 4 more batteries through 250 instead (they are all 3S 1000mAh gens aces). Also had 5 through MT and only 2-3 through 130X. Used 130X only to 'warm up' and then flew 250 and MT one after another.

250 is slightly underpowered and heavier while MT is fantastic! I enjoyed flying both and piro flips were starting coming up now in such way that, for instance with MT, I was trying piro flips slowly - pirouettes not faster than 6-7 seconds a revolution allowing heli got up and down while going though the move. Almost like tai-chi with heli!

One of the days when I took transmitter and everything was so nice and relaxed but managed far more than expected. Fantastic day of flying!
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:13 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,375 Posts
three paks in my TREX250, what a smoooooooooth flier, one in my EXI250, this is my 1st EXI I don't really care for. I am putting her away until next season, maybe I can get her flying as sweet as my TREX....anyway, that is my hope.

Three paks in my mCPx, on the last pak I went in inverted and broke a ball joint on my swash, kind of a crappy ending to a perfect day.

Hope everyone is getting some air on these short days of fall....
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:50 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,756 Posts
rain and 35 degrees
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:48 PM
What's Nitro?
United States, IL, Schaumburg
Joined Dec 2007
760 Posts
Flew the mCP X and 130X at the indoor golf dome last night.

The little 1s packs really don't like cool temps (I forgot about that). Plastic also doesn't like cool temps (makes it brittle). Hit the turf while doing inverted circuits and broke off landing gear tab inside of frame.

130X flew great but still breaking in 3 of 4 packs so didn't fly too hard much. Still have a lot of issues with it losing it's bind with my DX7. It's starting to get really annoying. Other than that it flew great.
RCnGuy is offline Find More Posts by RCnGuy
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:29 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoodcox View Post
three paks in my TREX250, what a smoooooooooth flier, one in my EXI250, this is my 1st EXI I don't really care for. I am putting her away until next season, maybe I can get her flying as sweet as my TREX....anyway, that is my hope.

Three paks in my mCPx, on the last pak I went in inverted and broke a ball joint on my swash, kind of a crappy ending to a perfect day.

Hope everyone is getting some air on these short days of fall....
To get your exi flying like a trex you have to do a ton of stuff. But the biggest difference I noticed is when I 1) started using align belts & 2) put an align main gear assembly on (complete). I also recently got an align head for it, from someone going to fbl, so that didn't hurt either. Mines a 450 though.
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:09 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,375 Posts
yep, I already picked up a complete align head for this guy, new belt and gear box could be in the works. Talking to my flying buddy at work he laughed and said he replaced everything except the frames and it flies identical to his other Align 250

short days and high winds kept me grounded today
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:37 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoodcox View Post
yep, I already picked up a complete align head for this guy, new belt and gear box could be in the works. Talking to my flying buddy at work he laughed and said he replaced everything except the frames and it flies identical to his other Align 250

short days and high winds kept me grounded today
I thinking the blades are a big deal too but I haven't tried align blades yet. I've heard people swear by good blades vs cheap exi ones (what I fly).

I have a align 450 pro I'm building so I'll soon, hopefully, get a taste of the real thing instead of a clone.
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:41 PM
Semi Expert
United States, MA, Norton
Joined Aug 2012
285 Posts
No flying for me since 10/31/12 when my Walkera Devo 10 TX failed & shut down the TX & the LCD screen & the smell of something burning. I disconnected the battery so it wouldn't burn up anything else. Mean while my poor V450 D01 V2 went into fail-safe & politely landed except for the landing skids/canopy.

The fail-safe at zero throttle worked, I didn't lose the main gear or the blades, what a surprise!

So i am still waiting for my replacement TX from Walkera.

Have fun flying guys, I'm not!
iflyhelis is offline Find More Posts by iflyhelis
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:35 PM
Malaysian Flier
Selangor, Malaysia
Joined Jan 2008
241 Posts
Just take a stroll of flight after long rest during raining season in Malaysia
Tarot Pro V2 (2 min 23 sec)
zhnme523 is offline Find More Posts by zhnme523
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:19 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,756 Posts
Got a flight on my 500 and 450, but just one each. Too cold!

My servo showed up for my walkera Genius/Mini CP but it's at work and I am off until Friday.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:00 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,976 Posts
A cold front has come thru, so the wet and windy weather of late has passed. Just one flight with the HK 450 Pro FBL this morning, in crisp still air, keeping clear of about 70 white pelicans flying in. Small tail glitch in the hover, might be a result of running governor mode. The Gotek 9257 tail servo stayed below 100f in the 40f ambient conditions. Missed the mail carrier this afternoon, so have to make a trip to the Post Office tomorrow to pick up my new 45A Superbrain ESC, that I've been dying to try out on the 450. Hate it when that happens!
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Nov 14, 2012, 03:55 PM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,930 Posts
Some video from lunch break today. Wind surfing with the ASbach3X. I love this little airplane!!!

It was a bit cold, so I wasn't as fast with the fingers as I'd like to be.. hahaa

Wind surfing my UMX Sbach. (1 min 55 sec)
TurboRacer is offline Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:54 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Near perfect weather today so I snuck out to Waterfront Park in Oakland for some air time. I haven't been flying much so I just practiced carefully and did some adjustments to the 450 and the 500 ESP. A tip of the hat to mhills51 for sending me the screw that holds the boom braces to the bracket on the tail boom!

Oddly, the 500 tail kicks right when pitch is reduced after a fast take off and during flips. It has a Futaba 520 gyro and Futaba high-speed digital tail servo. Steady as a rock when positive pitch is applied but blows out when pitch is reduced. Anyone else experienced this.
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:08 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,756 Posts
Your welcome!

Do you have the slider right in the middle or do you have a little bit of counter pitch dialed in? I just add a little, but I guess to get it right your expose to fly in rate and set it.
RCG Plus Member