HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 30, 2012, 08:36 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,823 Posts
That is a odd wag indeed. I finally got some pics of my 500pro in the air. You know how hard it is to take a photo and fly at the same time lol!!

Also two of one of our pro's showing off Makes me feel sick! What you can't see in the first pic a inch off the ground is, he is also spinning the tail around.
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:17 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,823 Posts
I didn't know that was a x3000 gyro black heart. I had one that did that on a 450. I chalked it up to a bad unit. I hope yours isn't.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:21 PM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
865 Posts
I had that on my 450 and it was great. I could do hand free for 25-30 seconds with it and absolutly no tail wag at all.
I had a set of carbon fiber blades on the 600 when I first put the gyro on it but they did not feel like hanging around and one flew off just as I came in to land on second flight so I put the stock HK plastic ones on and thats when the wag started.
Black_heart is offline Find More Posts by Black_heart
Old Nov 01, 2012, 07:16 AM
Texas NewB
Joined Dec 2011
865 Posts
I put another pack threw my 600 after checking the balance on the tail blade and they where surprisingly dead on.
So I increased my throttle curve to 90% and gave that a shot and it helped a little.
I'm going to try with a little more over all gain and see if that well make any changes.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 03:05 PM
Semi Expert
United States, MA, Norton
Joined Aug 2012
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_heart View Post
I put another pack threw my 600 still trying to sort out the tail wag
I think I got it down to needing new tail blades they are the stock HK600 tail blades I may try balancing them to see if that well help.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym3VS...ature=youtu.be
Try raising yor head speed, if that doesn't work, bump your gyro up 5%
iflyhelis is offline Find More Posts by iflyhelis
Old Nov 02, 2012, 02:45 PM
Texas NewB
Joined Dec 2011
865 Posts
Put 2 packs threw the 600 so far.
OK I been fighting that slow tail wag and I think I got that taken care of But I intuced a head shake now
I think I turned my main rotor gain up just a little to much
Let me tell you that well make you need to change your Pantz When your 600 shakes it's self like a wet dog at 30 feet up and you don't think its going to
Going to turn those back down just a weee bit and try again.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 07:29 AM
Texas NewB
Joined Dec 2011
865 Posts
3 packs in the 600 yesterday.
well it's starting to fly a little better now.
So now I'm able to fly around and start to learn some real flying.
Getting beyond Hovering my 600 (6 min 20 sec)
Old Nov 04, 2012, 10:37 AM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Black_heart— nice going. That's a real dramatic sky, too. I wonder if you are practicing on a simulator? Just thinking about getting it side-in so you can start doing some forward flight.

Weather in the San Francisco Bay Area is real clear. I'm having coffee at my favorite cafe and when I'm done there are five charged batteries for the 450 an five for the 500 and both heli's are working well....

P.S.: Got four through the 450 and 2 through the 500. Dialed some expo into the 500 tail and it is more manageable generally and especially during rolls.
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Last edited by zen@lanset.com; Nov 04, 2012 at 11:15 PM.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 11:12 AM
Texas NewB
Joined Dec 2011
865 Posts
Yea the sky was dramatic it stormed about a hour and a half after that flight.
I practice a bit on my sim but maybe not as much as I should because I had one of my ram chips
give up on me a few weeks ago and not had the funds to replace it so my win7 system is only running on 1gig rite now.
I can get my 500 side in but this 600 I'm still getting use to and trying to work out all the bugs.
Have fun with your 10 packs and fly safe Zen.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 12:41 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,546 Posts
Four flights yesterday two on a 130X (micro not mini) two on Blade 400 and today four flights on my new to me Align Trex450. All my helis are FBL except for the CP which is a hanger queen.
This last week has been windy and now it has started to rain. Oh well yesterday was a beatutiful day and this morning was not all that bad.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Nov 04, 2012, 04:11 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,823 Posts
Got some good flights in on the 500pro. Some were interesting as the guy flying the Outrage in the pics above was standing right next to me trying to get me closer to the ground inverted and rotating the tail. then piro flips
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2012, 02:25 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Only two flights with nano - nCP-X yesterday. It was raining outside and was generally miserable. So - I decided to take kitchen table and chairs outside (to the side of kitchen) and give nano a go indoors - in confined space. I had around 2.5m x 3m of flying area (I must measure it - it felt much smaller.

I flew only two batteries as it was very intense. This small helicopter is all buy stable. You need to work really hard to do stationary pirouette (especially inverted for me) with it. I managed only a few. Aside of ceiling landing there wasn't much to do.

But, this helicopter is really tough!!! I shouldn't tell how many times I had hard contacts with walls, kitchen cabinets, floor, doors, corners, PC power cable (for PC power supply supplying battery chargers)... and it still didn't break at all. Amazing!
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:03 PM
What's Nitro?
United States, IL, Schaumburg
Joined Dec 2007
760 Posts
I flew indoors:

4 flights with the Trex 250SE that hasn't been flown in over a year.

4 flights with the 130x (just smooth upright for 2 min each to break-in packs)

5 flights with the mCP X

2 flights with a friends Nano CP X.

The Nano is definitely a handfull upright or inverted and much less stable than the mCP X.

I've now changed my mind about buying one. I think I'm going to get a 2nd mCP X instead since it's much smoother and fits my inverted forward flight training better.
RCnGuy is offline Find More Posts by RCnGuy
Old Nov 06, 2012, 01:56 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Hm. Since you already have mCP-X why not having one of each? Since I've got nano I stopped flying mCP-X altogether.

I completely agree with your comparison between nano and mCP-X, but nano has its strengths, too: it is more robust than mCP-X (no broken/lost tiny link, you can fly into the wall, floor or any object without doing any damage, canopy survives far more crashes as well as frame and skids), tail is far more stale (you can bog it to oblivion where battery nor tail can do any more and it sill won't blow the tail out - just fall of the sky and it much nicely recovers after it not being able to push the tail against wind especially in fast backward) and headspeed it needs to fly is far less threatening than mCP-X's.

You skill are going to increase just by trying to tame this little beast and when you start pirouetting it won't matter that much.

Oh, btw, I had 4 batteries through my nano yesterday lunch break and made conclusion that while I am pirouetting and flipping while pirouetting its 'twitchiness' is not that prevalent (especially in the light wind as I had yesterday) to trying to hover/land nicely (in comparison to pick it up from the grass after bodged piro flip )...
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Nov 06, 2012, 11:39 AM
What's Nitro?
United States, IL, Schaumburg
Joined Dec 2007
760 Posts
I guess because...

A) The Nano is not only much twitchier but harder to see than my mCPx from 8-12 feet away. The gym lighting is not the best.

B) I'm starting to feel like I'd make more progress sticking with flying 2 different helis every 20 minutes vs 3 different helis.

Our indoor flying (3 hrs) is broken down in 20 minute segments. Fixed wing for 20 then helis and free-flight for 20. Since I only get 4-5 min on a pack, I actually fly 3 flights concurrently. First mCPx, then 130X (letting the CPx motor cool), then mCPx again.

A 2nd mCP X would let me fly that model twice in a row (plus act as a back-up).
RCnGuy is offline Find More Posts by RCnGuy