HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:28 AM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,057 Posts
got in 1 pack before the landing gear failed on the RED BULL EC135 . nothing got damaged except for the broken gear . i came in for a landing and i dont know what happened . maybe the gear landed in a hole in the back yard ? it was down and almost spooled down when it snapped . i just got some leaves on the heli from the landing and grass in the tt tail gears . it spools up perfect and nothing is shaking or bent .
it was fun , no wind and just overcast because of the Hurricane Sandy coming up the coast
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Last edited by jombo; May 29, 2013 at 12:39 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2012, 02:19 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,137 Posts
that redbull ec135 is awesome!
finguz is online now Find More Posts by finguz
Old Oct 26, 2012, 02:28 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
hmmm?? A MS Composit midi swift 2 flying wing OR a Halfords professional tool chest (think snap-on but on a budget) for xmas to me from the wife?? I NEED the tool chest but i WANT the wing
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:51 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,257 Posts
Go for the tools! winter is upon us
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:29 PM
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,444 Posts
I got a mitt full of flying in yesterday. It was nearly one of the warmest days on record and with that came a bit of fog in the morning. Just as well, as I had some changes to do on a 600. I got three flights in on that 600, four with my Jet Ranger, and four with my AS350. It was almost short sleeve temps and the wind was nearly none existant so I am glad I got this one in as the hurricane is starting to ratchet up the stinky weather for the rest of the weekend and into next week, sheesh. Take care.

Don
Keyrigger is offline Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Old Oct 27, 2012, 05:03 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,257 Posts
Got some flying in today at 47 degrees. We had a open house. I almost crashed my 450. I had changed the parameters on the gyro and thought that was the issue, but when I got it on the ground the CC was chirping. Found out later that the align DFC main shaft and tarot swash tolerances were such that the 30 degree drop was enough to freeze the swash to the shaft. Warmed it back up and it was smooth. Hopefully the alzrc swash has a little more play. I hope I didn't burn anything up.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:00 PM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,816 Posts
I've been flying my new Walkera Ladybird around all day! Freakin love it!!

Just wish my extra batteries would hurry up and get here!!
TurboRacer is offline Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:25 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer View Post
I've been flying my new Walkera Ladybird around all day! Freakin love it!!

Just wish my extra batteries would hurry up and get here!!
Flew mine at the scale fun fly in 30-40 mile winds. The guys couldn't see it and thought I was just being funny and acting like I was flying something lol! It's a lot of fun at first, but tend to get kinda boring. A guy was at the field today with his gaui gps multi just showing off the gps auto land feature. OK cool the first time, but after the fourth and fifth time I was starting to get pissed the rest of us wanted to fly our helicopters.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 28, 2012, 07:54 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
I flew today & crashed today. I flew my Logo after my wolf & forgot to check i was in HH as the rate switch is on the gear which is retracts on my wolf. I knew it was wrong as soon as i back flipped of the pad & went to land & the tail went & for some reason i just couldn't level it?? any how i hit hold as it landed & done a wee bit of damage. I don't know why i didn't hit hold whilst it was piroetting?? I usually do. Any how i had a go on my mates FBL Trex 600 ESP (on 6s) to see what FBL is like. Well his 600 felt WAY more powerfull than my 6s Logo 500?? & i done some funnels, & inverted but then in just a straight foward side on upright hover i 'think' i gave it a bit of neg pitch & it went full neg & pancacked. His TX has very smooth sticks whereas i like them stiffer (without bearing mod) so i may have over cooked the neg?? I was devestated BUT he said before he offered it to me that it's his beater & doesn't give a poop if it goes in & said don't worry. Well i feel terrible especially as it was from just hovering!!!! Landing gear, main gear & possibly blades....it went in HARD!!!!
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:58 AM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,137 Posts
Your buddy is a good friend and person.

His 600 doesn't matter much to him? I guess they're just machines.
finguz is online now Find More Posts by finguz
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:34 PM
Mildly Confused
UK
Joined Oct 2008
1,394 Posts
I put a pack through my new HK550 FBL. It's the first time it's actually flown at the field, up to now it's been hovered in the garden only for setting up. Actually it has been to the field once, I caught the tail in the grass and stripped the front TT gears and broke the fin and tail blades. It flys very nicely, the tail feels very powerful and the whole heli runs as smooth as butter. The YEP100 amp esc is really nice, the transition between head speeds is amazing, ramping gradually rather than an instant jump so the model isn't jumping around during changes, all very civilized. Anyone who has visited my thread on this heli will know how long I waited for it. I have to say for sure, it was worth the wait.
Paul 1968 is online now Find More Posts by Paul 1968
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:45 PM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
897 Posts
I put 3 packs threw my 600 today.
Got a tail wag I'm having trouble with and still need to do a little more tweeking on the gyro to get
it as stable as my 500
Black_heart is online now Find More Posts by Black_heart
Old Oct 29, 2012, 03:09 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
@Paddy - two helis in one go! That's a bad luck. Heli gods were really against you.

@Paul - I am curious about bigger YEPs. I have two 45A and they are fantastic value for money. It would be interesting to find out how bigger ones fare over time - especially with bigger/higher current pikes.

Speaking of YEP - I've got to try my 6S Mini Titan again. In stretched version. And still cannot make my mind what's wrong with it. 6S gives instant power, along with YEP and its governor it keeps HS steady. I have stretched in and put 350mm blades but still have some 'strange' feeling about it. Helicopter feels 'heavy' even though it isn't. I thought it fails to pick collective but that's not it as it can rocket up so easily with just a bit of collective. Cyclics feel but ... slow - I had to increase D/R on ÁBeast to 100%. It looks like that I'll need to go through all the settings again and see what's wrong with it. Even though all of it - I could (aileron) tic/toc it forever.

On the other hand my 'second' MT felt just right! I had it with me last time but tail gear stripped (kind of known MT's problem). I have fixed it and took it with me. With good batteries (gens ace 40C and 55C) it is like of steroids. I need some time to get used such power on it. I have takes a short video me abusing one of the batteries and as always I flew far worse while being taped than battery before or after it. Bah. Still didn't decide if I would like to post it on youtube. O: )
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:38 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,257 Posts
I have the YEP in my 500 airwolf. It is the 80amp model. I have not set it up in gov. mode yet, but I really need to in that frame. It has work flawlessly for four months.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 30, 2012, 08:12 PM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
897 Posts
I put another pack threw my 600 still trying to sort out the tail wag
I think I got it down to needing new tail blades they are the stock HK600 tail blades I may try balancing them to see if that well help.
600 tail wag (6 min 31 sec)
Black_heart is online now Find More Posts by Black_heart