HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 18, 2008, 10:48 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,242 Posts
I am going to try to fly tomarrow. Last two days have ether large wind gust or rain. Kinda made me mad. I told some guys from work I would bring it in and fly for them. At least I was able to impress them with the radio, heli, and pictures.
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2008, 11:38 PM
piro-maniac........
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Dec 2007
4,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Klyce
I think I am going to get out my Rappy and fly it tomorrow, It has been about 5 months since I have flown it, Maybe I won't be so intimidated by it now as I was back then. It sure does look pretty sitting on my dresser along with my e-620 and my MX-450, however, I get the feeling that my wife doesn't share the same view as I do on what's pretty!
Ditto.....
GunnyGlow is offline Find More Posts by GunnyGlow
Old Jul 19, 2008, 04:11 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino CP
Finally flew after 2 weeks of monsoon rain.Lesson of the day, warm up after a long hiatus.

Try a month long hiatus like i did then you'll be flying like a newbie like i did

Glad to hear the monsoon is over for you.

Quote:
Flew another 5 packs through my Blade today. My neighbors come out with their chairs now and watch me fly since I don't spend all my time hovering anymore. Now I am zipping through the yards and over the powerlines and down the road and they just love to watch! I have permission from all the neighbors that live around me to be able to fly in their yards as long as they can watch.

Ditto, the residence in my block of flats & those flats surrounding have seen me progress. I'm not sure if they are ok with the sound of a Trex zipping around high & low echoing everywhere though? my other half say's it's loud
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Old Jul 19, 2008, 05:34 AM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
Over? LOL, monsoon season is just starting for us. Should be on and off rain until Sept. Although there will be dry days, the field is going to be mushy and just plain lousy to walk on.

But I have no problem with that. I'll spend the time on the sim. Lately I've been flying better because of more sim time.
Gino CP is offline Find More Posts by Gino CP
Old Jul 19, 2008, 07:02 AM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Man windy today, lots of kids/people/dogs over the field. Flew 4 packs. Tail holds solid with the mod even in the crazy wind. Still have to adjust the gain/gyro settings to work perfect with the new setup but it flew fine anyhow.

My static wick I made didn't seem to work, I might have to make it go into a sharper point. I have a feeling perhaps the problem is elsewhere... My 35X Align ESC has really slow soft starts sometimes, perhaps I should re-do the programming.

I fixed up my old Falcon 3D metal box for my Dragonus+DX7, it's pretty good quality, surprised me, even though it says esky on it . (TBH my esky stuff has been good!).

I'm going to try that field that is about a 10 mins walk away. (With long grass) as you say you can take off from the path and then fly over it. No low inverted though .

Well, I'll go take another look at it first.

Edit: Turns out it was about a 20 min walk. And the grass is WAY to long. Dog walkers also...

Plan "Insert letter here" time.........
LaurenceGough is offline Find More Posts by LaurenceGough
Last edited by LaurenceGough; Jul 19, 2008 at 09:44 AM.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 09:39 AM
Heli Steve
Ft. Pierce Florida
Joined Dec 2007
866 Posts
I have cool neighbors

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4ddy
Try a month long hiatus like i did then you'll be flying like a newbie like i did

Glad to hear the monsoon is over for you.

Ditto, the residence in my block of flats & those flats surrounding have seen me progress. I'm not sure if they are ok with the sound of a Trex zipping around high & low echoing everywhere though? my other half say's it's loud
I guess it depends on the neigbors , half of mine are Aviation oriented anyway. The neighbor across the street and one house to the left owns Sunbrite citrus and has a few planes and a private airport. I go flying with him in his Super Cub, actually, once we get off the ground he lets me fly it I also have access to his private airport anytime I want to fly my helis , he has watched me progress with the helis from the beginning. My neighbor across the street, her son died who was and avionics enginneer, so if I even have my helis out, she and her friends are sitting in chairs watching. The one to my left works for the one that owns the airport and they think the little helis are cool too. The other two neigbors just watch in facination as they both tried to fly RC helis once and have an appreciation for them So I guess I am lucky, I could have some old grouch for a neighbor that makes a stink when i start zipping my heli around.

Well I just got up, going to go put my contacts in and see if i can get the Rappy fired up Have to get it out of my bed room without waking the wife as she worked untill 4am this morning
Steve Klyce is offline Find More Posts by Steve Klyce
Old Jul 19, 2008, 09:46 AM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
You're one lucky guy Steve, having everyone around you enjoy RC helis and your own places to fly! Everyone around here thinks mine are toys, even doing 3D stuff at almost ground level...

I bet if I was to get a 90 they still would think it's a toy....
Old Jul 19, 2008, 09:51 AM
Heli Steve
Ft. Pierce Florida
Joined Dec 2007
866 Posts
Don't know how much longer the wife is going put up with the helis

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyGlow
Ditto.....
Yeah, she puts up with the helis but I don't know for how much longer, this is pretty much all I do on my free time now and I think she is starting to resent them She is making clean out of spot in the garage for them and I'm not to happy about that. I think they look just perfect sitting on my platform style hanger which is my dresser .Nothing like waking up in the morning and getting dressed while looking at a technilogical marvel that I am lucky enough to own, work on, and fly! And two of the 5 drawers in my dresser do contain cloths though, the other ones are heli parts
Steve Klyce is offline Find More Posts by Steve Klyce
Old Jul 19, 2008, 01:47 PM
My planes have left thrust :s
United Kingdom, St Albans
Joined Sep 2005
1,850 Posts
heres hoping for a nice day on my birthday! (thats tomorrow )
vanepico is offline Find More Posts by vanepico
Old Jul 19, 2008, 02:15 PM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Have a good one mate!

Well my camera is officially broken, tried fixing it (help on camera forums) but it didn't work, went to try again and snapped a ribbon cable off when the case snapped open. Pretty annoyed did cost a lot when I got it. Took better pictures than every new camera I've had hold of so far...

I'm off for four lipos with my heli to cheer me up. (late flying for me!)
Old Jul 19, 2008, 02:16 PM
piro-maniac........
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Dec 2007
4,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Klyce
Yeah, she puts up with the helis but I don't know for how much longer, this is pretty much all I do on my free time now and I think she is starting to resent them She is making clean out of spot in the garage for them and I'm not to happy about that. I think they look just perfect sitting on my platform style hanger which is my dresser .Nothing like waking up in the morning and getting dressed while looking at a technilogical marvel that I am lucky enough to own, work on, and fly! And two of the 5 drawers in my dresser do contain cloths though, the other ones are heli parts
My wife gave me an entire room!! Of course that doesn't stop me from leaving all kinds of "crap" spread through out our home. Now that I think about it....I have something RC in EVERY single room in the house. HA....

You should get a dresser JUST for your heli's!! Make a foam insert for each drawer and keep a different heli in each one. Like a giant carry case...that stays at home.
GunnyGlow is offline Find More Posts by GunnyGlow
Old Jul 19, 2008, 02:52 PM
bao
It was on fire when i arrived!
France, RA, La Laupie
Joined Dec 2007
649 Posts
I flew today and all was great till................ freaky thing!!!!!
yup ? i was coming down tail a bit low , i heard thwap clack clack clack!!!!! Tail blades hit the ground and threw up small pebbles into my main blades ...............explosive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Main shaft bent (again) align pros exploded and a few hours of rebuilding.
video is after replacing main shaft but i still have to change tail blades and tail shaft.
2 mainshafts in 2 days !!!! (0 min 57 sec)
bao is offline Find More Posts by bao
Old Jul 19, 2008, 02:59 PM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Well, my old KP 25c's have finally conked out after 70 cycles, medium Align 35X LVC is kicking in every 3D flight with them, they bog like crazy during any move. Stick in one of my new 30C's and it's all great again, what a amazing difference... Kinda like being back to just two lipos now .
Old Jul 19, 2008, 03:07 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technex
Well, my old KP 25c's have finally conked out after 70 cycles, medium Align 35X LVC is kicking in every 3D flight with them, they bog like crazy during any move. Stick in one of my new 30C's and it's all great again, what a amazing difference... Kinda like being back to just two lipos now .

Were you fast charging them EVERY time? That will reduce life significantly. My old Align ones had a couple of hundred cycles on them & the only reason i stopped using them is because the wires fell off Just charge them at 1C regardless of what manufacturer claims & only fast charge when your at a fun fly. I always charge at 1C even though my Revolutions/revlectrics can be charged at 2C although i did give them a 2C charge at the FF but only twice i think it was
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Old Jul 19, 2008, 03:18 PM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4ddy
Were you fast charging them EVERY time? That will reduce life significantly. My old Align ones had a couple of hundred cycles on them & the only reason i stopped using them is because the wires fell off Just charge them at 1C regardless of what manufacturer claims & only fast charge when your at a fun fly. I always charge at 1C even though my Revolutions/revlectrics can be charged at 2C although i did give them a 2C charge at the FF but only twice i think it was

Same here or even worse: never charged any at 1C (2.2A) - usually charge them at 1A (<0.5C) and new good ones at 0.5A each time I can (<0.25C!). Generally I do:

2.0A, <1C - nearly never. Or, with most batteries never!
1.5A, <0.7C, lasts 1.5h - only when I 'fast charge them'. It lasts around 1.5h
1.0A, <0.5C, lasts between 2h and 2.5h - normal way of charging
0.5A, <0.25C, lasts over 5h - whenever I can, usually the newest batteries
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky