SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 16, 2007, 09:33 PM
Rcer field rep.
yucca valley, CA/// RCG
Joined May 2006
3,278 Posts
well, i got in some really nice flying with my dragonus yesterday it was the best flight i have done to date... flips, rolls, inverted hover.

i ---LOVE--- my dragonus ......it was (is) flying so sweet....
moosemanty is offline Find More Posts by moosemanty
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2007, 09:50 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
I flew my ESKY King2 with my Hughes 500D body today it it was a blast.
darthdrk is offline Find More Posts by darthdrk
Old Sep 17, 2007, 03:27 PM
Flying better than every
United States, NJ, Mt Holly
Joined May 2007
569 Posts
I just flew today with my new TP25C pack (replaced DN power puffers) im still Haveing problems with the tracking going out on me in idle up from pack to pack but my Cellpro will have anothe pack done for me in a few so il work it out then
Ginvent is offline Find More Posts by Ginvent
Old Sep 17, 2007, 04:28 PM
Everyone crashes sometime
Orlando, FL and Washington D.C.
Joined May 2006
1,427 Posts
Managed to get a couple of packs through my Trex 450SE V2, my Hoss X4E, and also my Hurricane. It is an excellent day for flying with just a little bit of wind and some nice temperature.

And right now the Hoss X4E is my favorite. Especially when there is not a lot of room for the Hurricane or Swift.

Carl

Practice, practice, practice.
quickster47 is offline Find More Posts by quickster47
Old Sep 17, 2007, 05:48 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
Flew My King2 500D again today and I put it upside down, Just getting a little aggressive with it. I also flew my King2 UH-1 Huey with brushless set up.
darthdrk is offline Find More Posts by darthdrk
Old Sep 27, 2007, 06:06 PM
Take it easy
Tampa, Florida USA
Joined May 2007
547 Posts
Didn't fly last weekend, had to go visit family and devote my attention to them. It was hard but I managed.

Flew a little while ago!! Calm, warm, sunsetting but still bright. Started off with the Dragonus. It's light and has plenty of power. I always enjoy flying that machine. Then I brought out the EP-8. It's all repaired from the 'Electric Cable' mishap and it's been hover tested but I was a little gun shy on flying it. Once I got it up in the air, it flew like a champ. Not as nimble quick as the Dragonus but solid and study. I enjoyed that so much that I brought out the Rappy 50. Now I flying in my yard, like I said before, it's a couple of acres but with trees and buildings. My son and grandson never seen it fly so here was their chance. The big 'smoker' was easy to handle (and a lot easier to SEE!) It's a lot of fun doing stall turns.

Enjoyed myself this evening... that I did.

cheers
Rich
SlowRide is offline Find More Posts by SlowRide
Old Sep 27, 2007, 11:14 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Park flyer here. I took my Blade CP Pro with brushless power to a local park twice. Once around 8:30am with almost no wind. Got it nose-in a few times and did some of my first clockwise circles.

Came back in the afternoon. Above 18 feet or so there were intermittent gusts. Quite a few kids and parents/minders, so I couldn't concentrate on unfamiliar maneuvers. Seven batteries today.
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old Sep 28, 2007, 12:39 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Yes i flew today. I've been taking the rex to work each day but because i've been starting too late 6:30- 7 am, i've not been able to beat the wind. It has been quite windy each day which although the trex can fly with this wind i do not believe i'm a good enough pilot yet to do it as it takes quite a bit of collective (is management the correct phrase) to keep it good. Well anyway i started today at 5:30 am & got 3 calls done (i'm a delivery driver that goes places to fill coca cola machines) & at around 7:20 it was fine, just caught the beginings of the wind so it was calm-ish. So i just kept practicing a right turning circle for my 2 lipo's as i want to get them real smooth & scale like. I did however tinker with that idle up switch & went to 2 100% across +11 -11 & thought do i or don't i?? The thought of crashing is stopping that 1st loop or flip. So if i want to fly again tomorrow i'll have to get up early to beat the wind again.

Ooo i forgot to say I thoroughly enjoyed todays flight
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Last edited by p4ddy; Sep 28, 2007 at 01:08 PM.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 06:04 PM
Team Compass/KBDD Team Pilot
Joined Mar 2005
3,343 Posts
Two flights.

It was overcast and not easy to see the machine, so I quit while I still had a machine.
Ah Clem is offline Find More Posts by Ah Clem
Old Sep 28, 2007, 07:07 PM
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Ah Clem—

that's a good point about the overcast. I flew today in similar conditions and also landed while I was ahead.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 07:27 PM
Rcer field rep.
yucca valley, CA/// RCG
Joined May 2006
3,278 Posts
ahh..... i would love to fly, but i am waiting for parts for my dragonus rebuild....
lol..... maybe i should dust off my trex and give that a go?
moosemanty is offline Find More Posts by moosemanty
Old Sep 28, 2007, 07:47 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
It's been 24/7 overcast here all through the summer & it's still like it. This has been a BAD BAD uk heli season. It really does get hard to see properly
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Old Sep 28, 2007, 07:50 PM
Take it easy
Tampa, Florida USA
Joined May 2007
547 Posts
I'm like the space shuttle... a back-up for the back-up... redundant helis! Unless I have a VERY BAD DAY ... I'll have something to fly! Might not be one of my favorites but I'll be flying.

Rich
SlowRide is offline Find More Posts by SlowRide
Old Sep 28, 2007, 08:44 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,483 Posts
Slowride sorry to hear about you brother. I'm luck just have a sister, but I know my boys will be the same as you and your brother.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 28, 2007, 09:17 PM
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4ddy
It's been 24/7 overcast here all through the summer & it's still like it. This has been a BAD BAD uk heli season. It really does get hard to see properly
p4ddy—

no wonder yer drinkin' while yer readin' RCgroups!