HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 23, 2012, 03:06 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clicky View Post
Stupid question - what if you forgot to charge them? That could explain it!
I've done that before a couple of times!

Sadly, it wasn't the case with the Gens Ace pack, which showed a consistent 3.85v per cell right after it couldn't even supply enough for the heli to hover. I've never had a pack suddenly go bad like that before, they usually just get steadily weaker or one cell goes bad.
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2012, 04:14 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,634 Posts
Seven flights but in all honesty two were with a Micro (130X) not a Mini (450)

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:08 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clicky View Post
Oh, please, do not be scared of what I put. That little heli had fair bit of bashing. ...
Clicky— you're not the only one who has had servos and tail drive gears fail on the 130X, but my PayPal reflex is also being slowed by the thought of maintaining a parts inventory for yet another heli. I am supporting the 450 SE, 450 Pro, and 500 ESP (500 main shafts cost a LOT more than 450 mains).
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:07 PM
Berkeley, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,895 Posts
I feel sorry to give the negative impression of 130x to Zen. I have logged about 100 flights in both 130x. Zen flew my first 130x before, he did great doing the nose in hovering and a loop, all I can say is hit the BUY button in your keyboard. BTW, I put in 3 flights in the 130x during lunch break, the piro flips are getting better.
estarter is offline Find More Posts by estarter
Old Oct 24, 2012, 02:32 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Same here. I am sorry. Problem is that you have 450 helicopter, crash it 5-6 times (let's say in lifetime or year or ... you choose a period). Fix it, bear downtime, go through little things you missed (and bent tail shafts for instance) that cause issues, fly it again, get scared of flying in a first flight or two of crash because you crashed it, get another 450 just in case first is broken...

All of it doesn't really compare to 130X: put battery, fly, crash, fly crash, replace battery, fly, crash, fly crash, and repeat that 10-20 times and then complain that servo got broken, tail gears stripped, canopy cracked or similar.

Yes, 130X has issues with tail and some people reported that they needed to tinker with it or fix it to fly properly. How many people reported/complained on (specially some clones) tail problems in 250/450 helicopters? Not fair to 130X (except our expectation that it will fly straight out of box... which, mine did! ).

Also, some people complained on 130X stripping gears (A, C, etc) or servos breaking or tail servo issues, but I don't think any complained *before* then crashed it many times. It would be the same as someone crashing 500 size helicopter and complaining that servos are weak and servo case got broken in the crash. Along with main blades, boom, main gear, main shaft, feathering shaft, tail servo, tail housing, canopy and...
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Oct 24, 2012, 02:35 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by estarter View Post
I feel sorry to give the negative impression of 130x to Zen. I have logged about 100 flights in both 130x.
Oh, I just got it!

It is only conspiracy theory! Everyone getting mCP-X and now 130X and nano would cause scene being saturated with really good fliers. That's why many try to put off people of getting them in the first place!

mCP-X I learned to fly inverted with. 130X and nano - I am learning piro flips - but in all possible orientations and directions. I wouldn't have done half as much if there weren't such helicopters!
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:30 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,101 Posts
I see the 130's as a hidden money pit just like most of the really small copters and the 130 has got to be one of the most expensive. Right now you can put almost 4 450's together for the price of one. After getting larger helicopters I fly my 450's like they cost almost nothing.

I get the must have feeling that I'm sure everyone else is, but I also remember the exact same feeling when everyone was running out and getting MCP-x's. How fantastic they were and super cheap. Well how did that work out? The guys at my field have all ran out and got 130's. They all talk about the durability and greatness out of the box yet none of them even look stock anymore because they have replaced just about everything. I ask when did you get that? "Oh last week". and already they have replaced major parts.

I think a major advantage is space more than anything. Most of us are not going to be able to get out during lunch and get a few flights in. Me I think I will hold on to my $279. I can get a lot of parts for that much money lol!

Just to add! I would of already been sucked in, but thank God I don't own a spektrum lol!
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:14 AM
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
I didn't mean to spark a furor. Clicky must be right that servos, etc. break in crashes. He isn't right about 'conspiracy'; don't we all read what others have to say about models in the RC forums? I haven't read about a lot of MCPX servos going out so maybe the 130's are lighter in comparison to the airframe or are being stressed harder. Some fliers have complained about gear failures in flight, which kind of scares me, and no, I've never had tail issues with a 450. It's always cool to get another model heli but right now I'm opting not to stock 130X parts.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:16 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,101 Posts
I didn't mean to either. Just my personal thoughts and internal battles on it lol.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2012, 03:51 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,634 Posts
Seven more flights on my FBL Blade 400.

FWIW My Blade 130X has needed one servo,one tail boom,one torque tube, one metal A gear and two C gears in 142 flights and a half a dozen crashes. . That is less than $50 total or about what one crash with a 400 / 450 cost.

Charles
Last edited by everydayflyer; Oct 25, 2012 at 06:52 AM.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:48 PM
Berkeley, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,895 Posts
10 flights in the 130X, both the piro flips and aileron tic tocs are getting better.
estarter is offline Find More Posts by estarter
Last edited by estarter; Oct 25, 2012 at 01:19 AM.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 02:54 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,365 Posts
I have been salivating for a 130x but the new metal roof on the house has stopped all expendatures for a bit I love the 450size but my yard is too small for me to get too crazy with it. I have been doing inverted hovering with the mCPx and I love it

Still have not fixed my mCPx after my drilling into the wood pyle so I flew my wife's, she likes green so it is all done up in green with KBD blades and tail feathers.....man what crap!!!!! The blades bog badly, the tail ALWAYS spins out during a flip/loop.....I can kind of make it loop but a flip is completely out of the question. I told wifey I was changing it back to stock blades and she insists on the green. Oh well, guess it is a straight and level flier.....flies Ok right side up

Anyway, guessing the 103x and nanoCP are going to be christmas presents time to start thinking about being good for the rest of the year

Hope everyone is getting air! Today is 75deg and I am leaving the office.....to fly my TREX 550
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:27 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,101 Posts
We have a open house at our field this Saturday. It will be calm and 45 out side. It will be the first fire in the barrel of the year.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:28 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,634 Posts
Four or five flights on Blade 400 and three on Blade mCPX BL and FBL.

Charles
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:50 PM
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
FWIW My Blade 130X has needed one servo,one tail boom,one torque tube, one metal A gear and two C gears in 142 flights and a half a dozen crashes. . That is less than $50 total or about what one crash with a 400 / 450 cost.
That's a pretty good efficiency/cost record.

I put up the T-rex 500 today and since I haven't flown much of late was extra careful and just did simple things as cleanly as I could. The piro rate of this bird is very prompt so I have to take it easy getting it upside down and back upright. This means I am not very accurate on the left stick when applying collective.

It was nice to see a heli in the air.