HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:41 PM
What's Nitro?
United States, IL, Schaumburg
Joined Dec 2007
760 Posts
$45 but it's not really necessary to upgrade. I'd just prefer to have all my V-Bar'd helis running the same FW.

To get back on topic, I flew my SIM today (had to work) but plan to get at least the mCPx and 130X out Sat after work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
Wow, how much do they charge for the 5.3 fw upgrade?
RCnGuy is offline Find More Posts by RCnGuy
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2012, 04:25 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,514 Posts
Six flights this morning. One on my B450 and five on my B400. . Guess I should referee to both as being B450X as they are both FBL and simple fact is they only weight approx. 1 oz. different and that is mostly due to diffence in the motors. B450 has a somewhat beffier tail and that is about it.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Oct 20, 2012, 04:38 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,768 Posts
Flew my airwolf for a pack and flew my 450pro around. It was a little windy, but the last couple of weekends have been hell, so it was packed at the field. Still waiting for my new landing gear to show up for my 500pro.
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 21, 2012, 02:34 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,202 Posts
First time yesterday I took my charger to indoor flying and charged batteries to be able to fly more. Reason: I had, practically, only nCP-X with me and 4 batteries (and one really battered mCP-X but it didn't really count). Anyway - it was really good! Plenty of good flying too see! Even my nCP-X (and my thumbs) didn't do that bad! I can now confidently flip with pirouetting to inverted and out! Nose in and tail in!

Also, something very strange happened - something I never dreamt would be possible - nCP-X is really wonderful/different helicopter:

How many times you had helicopter crashes to the ground (hall floor) and bounced off if to settle in upright position. So, all you needed to do is release throttle hold switch and fly more! It happened at least three or four time for me yesterday! And when talked to other people they said same happened to them a few times that evening!
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Oct 21, 2012, 07:47 AM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,365 Posts
So weather has been tough around here and I have been putting a metal roof on my house so yesterday was the first day to squeeze a pak in in the mCPx. First flight warmed up my fingers and it was like I didn't take a break. Second pak I flipped the mCPx inverted and held it for a few seconds....that went well a couple of more times and on the third I lost it and it smacked the wood pyle...from fairly high. Not sure if I got TH before impact but it sure messed up my mCPx Broke my tail fin tail rotor, landing skids destroyed with a pin stuck in the frame.....that is going to be hard to get out.

Today is a work day but I should get a pak or two

Hope everyone is getting air!
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:52 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,514 Posts
Six more flights on my B400 FBL this morning and finally mustered enough courage to do my first loops with something bigger than the B 130X. Man the B400 loops so nicely tracks perfectly straight ,does 40 foot or so dia. ones and does not lose its' forward speed at all that I could tell.

Charles
Old Oct 21, 2012, 01:42 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,768 Posts
Went up in the back yard just to test some new products. Put the Tarot 450 thrust bearing tail on. Seems to be a improvement, but only if it is assembled right.
Out of the package it wouldn't work any better than normal without fixing the shims.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 21, 2012, 04:02 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,705 Posts
Put 3 flights on my 450 FBL, 2 on my Blade cp Pro ( this thing kinda fun to fly just to cruse around in FF) and about 3 flights on my Mcpx brushless. it was a BEAUTIFUL morning One could only dream of better ones, lil chilli to start but warmed up nice blue skys and barely a breeze

Added picture my Mcpx, Cpp, 450 fbl and dads B400 Fbl in the back
epoweredrc is online now Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Last edited by epoweredrc; Oct 21, 2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 04:40 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,768 Posts
Here is a link with pictures from Saturday. Getting our field ready for the winter. One good pic of my 450 going inverted and some of my airwolf next to my 450.
http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t682844p47/
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 21, 2012, 05:05 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Here is a link with pictures from Saturday. Getting our field ready for the winter. One good pic of my 450 going inverted and some of my airwolf next to my 450.
http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t682844p47/
Nice pictures, So thats a AMA club? I seen the word park so didn't know. You guys have some nice birds, Big ones too. I would love a big ones 500 550 but Don't know. I did own one a Gaui but never got into air. ran out money needed money for other things so sold it
epoweredrc is online now Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:44 PM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2012
237 Posts
Yeah, my lipos are starting to loose life and I need a new landing skid. Probaly wont fly for a while.
08charger3.5 is offline Find More Posts by 08charger3.5
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:56 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,202 Posts
I did fly yesterday. I took both my stretched Protos and non stretched to compare them. Did fly stretched first and... loved it! Now I am sure that I haven't set other one the same way (similar way) and definitively like stretched (as they currently are) over ordinary one. I wanted to get used to flying Protos again - specially after last week when I felt uncomfortable with it (425m one).

Yesterday I really enjoy flying the bigger one and even asked someone to take a video of my flying. I won't post it on youtube as it was the worst flight I had that day (even though with the best, 55C battery).

Aside of it I flew my HK250GT and got problem with whipping tail so I need to sort it out. Nevertheless managed some nice piro flips (nice in comparison to ones I had before). It is certainly helicopter I'm going to keep for (relatively) still days.

And had a few batteries through my nCP-X. Here's the video for all those who like games where objective is to try to spot small helicopter with yellow canopy over green background!

nCP-X fun fly (1 min 39 sec)
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:15 PM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,732 Posts
Took my AS3X converted Sbach out on my lunch break. Was flying great. 20 mph winds, was surfing the sky
Landed and swapped packs nd went up again. This time I noticed that the roll rate was really slow. Usually it rolls like a drill bit! I landed uneventfully, and then I saw that one of the aileron servos was dead. But the good thing is it was stuck in the neutral position so It was still controllable just a bit sluggish on the rolling. Hopefully a good cleaning will get it back in action!!
TurboRacer is online now Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:41 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,987 Posts
No flying today or for the past couple of weeks, wont be flying for quite some time as i'm busy doing this still. I've already gone past the flying itch so all's good.

GSX-R 750G Slabside start up again (2 min 26 sec)
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Old Oct 22, 2012, 05:50 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,514 Posts
Mini Helis Discussion Did you fly today?

Yes I did ,another six flights on my Blade 400 this morning for a total of 48 since converting to FBL.

Installed a set of Align 3G mains on it this afternoon to replace the Thunder Power CFs. The TP fly fine but they are mostly black with a bit of white on the tips. Been flying 3Gs on my B450 and they show up better so there you go.

Charles