HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 15, 2012, 05:43 PM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
865 Posts
About to leave now
Black_heart is online now Find More Posts by Black_heart
Last edited by Black_heart; Sep 15, 2012 at 05:48 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:02 AM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
865 Posts
I put one pack threw each before the ran came in
Black_heart is online now Find More Posts by Black_heart
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:09 AM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Yesterday was one of the good days at Mare Island, just opposite the city of Vallejo, California. The flying area is vast and the hell guys who show up there are easy to get along with and very supportive of each other. After watching the skills of the others I was inspired to fly a loop towards myself and did my first approximations of tic-tocs.

One mild frustration is that while I am a pretty good aerial videographer for the others no one can record my new 500 in the air worth a darn! Yesterday I looped it and flipped it for the first time....

Right now the East San Francisco Bay is socked in with fog but I am pretty sure it will clear in a couple of hours and equally sure that I will do some flying!
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old Sep 16, 2012, 01:06 PM
mutski
Fairbanks, AK
Joined Jan 2011
1,143 Posts
An American Kestrel chased my Genius CP for 20 or 30 seconds yesterday, wheeling and following my turns, coming after it with talons extended! I'm cursing myself for leaving the camera behind!

I also put several batteries through the V120D02S, the V400D02 and my Easy Star II, figure 8s and circling the field. All-in-all, relaxing and fun!

Then I came started in on my recently crashed (yet again) EXI 450 Pro - my bad-luck heli. I replaced the tail boom, main shaft and feathering shaft. I'm still waiting for cyclic servos, tail servo tray, tail rotor shaft, and ball links and linkage rods for my no-longer-new DFC head. The blade grips are banged up too, but I think they'll serve. If there's vibration when I get it going, I may try the CopterX FBL head. I think I need to reexamine the travel adjustments for the aileron and elevator. I set those to 100% per Wow instructions with the 2702V receiver, but I'm thinking that may have contributed to the catastrophe. This time I'll set it for a max deflection of 6 or 8 degrees per the Finless Bob setup vids. Unfortunately I didn't measure that when I set it up the first time.

Roaring wind today, I don't think I'll get to fly :-(
mutski is offline Find More Posts by mutski
Last edited by mutski; Sep 16, 2012 at 01:22 PM.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 01:15 PM
mutski
Fairbanks, AK
Joined Jan 2011
1,143 Posts
Hey Zen, my setup is a mini-tripod head screwed to the bill of a baseball cap. That holds a Flip Mino HD video camera I picked up for $30 on Ebay. OK, it looks dorky, but It's great for recording flights, no assistants required.
mutski is offline Find More Posts by mutski
Old Sep 16, 2012, 01:41 PM
USA, CA, Red Bluff
Joined Dec 2007
952 Posts
I flew out a couple packs this morning. I don't do anything fancy, just fly around, figure eights, stall turns and low fast pass's. practised sloooowwww and looowww flight which is the hardest for me to do. It's easy to blast around but the end result of that is sometimes hard on the heli. I was hovering the other day and a humming bird flew up beside the heli and I could see it's head turning looking over my heli. It only stayed there a couple seconds and then flew off I'm glad it didn't get aggressive, it would have lost.
prop bender is offline Find More Posts by prop bender
Old Sep 16, 2012, 02:31 PM
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
mutski— thanks for the suggestion. I've seen others using similar setups and have considered it. No zoom, though.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 05:22 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,494 Posts
Recieved a Helios 100 yesterday late in the day. Charged batteries but waited till today to fly it. Very nice little bird and very smooth. Several days before recieved my Walkrea Y-6 Scorpion. Came with Devo 7 radio and combo works great. Little bird loves to fly and very stable, but quite quick. Y-6 just looks so cool flying.
Flew the V929 and nice flight and was going to take battery out an noticed arm was loose. If arms are not correct the gyro will not work right and quad will not fly. I marked a ruler in red mark to have proper lenght on all arms. I have bigger batteries for V929 , but it really doesn't need them. 500ma give plenty of flight time.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:01 PM
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,383 Posts
I put three flights on my AS350 and three on my Jet Ranger. The wind was variable with gusts up to 20 mph. One of those took my AS350 canopy for a ride off the picnic table at the club and threw it on the ground. Both wire strikes were broken and the red tail strobe lens popped loose but after an hour or so at home, all was rebuilt and the wire strikes strengthened up with CF rod. It was a blessing in disguise getting them broken. Take care.

Don
Keyrigger is online now Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:44 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,823 Posts
Want to see some really cool night flying? http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...7#post22752285
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 17, 2012, 04:53 AM
rc aircraft crasher
United States, MI, Lansing
Joined Sep 2012
251 Posts
havent flown in almost a year... go big plans for i get home though. got some nice stuff for my black angel and im gonna fix up my dirty bird. while i was on r&r i bought a glider and liked it so i got into planes a little bit and im gonna build a balsa glider when i get home... so excited lol
jnmardister is offline Find More Posts by jnmardister
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:45 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,987 Posts
OH MY GOD!!! A FRIKIN UNICORN!"!!!! pmsl

p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:55 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,987 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
That backwards flying always screws me up p4ddy. I don't know why. Even on the sim I start flying with any speed backwards my tail is going in the ground. Inverted I'm fine, nose in I'm fine, just backwards??

Try to just get the tail on the desired path then concentrate on just the elevator & cyclic. It should go straight
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Old Sep 18, 2012, 02:05 AM
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Man, I re-kitted my T-rex 450 SE yesterday being just plain dumb.Busted two Hitech 65mg's in the process as well as a set of CY main blades. Now I have to re-create it virtually from scratch just as I'm getting busier with work.

Sssit!
Old Sep 18, 2012, 08:40 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,823 Posts
I just can't go back to my SE's after flying the PRO's. I just feel a lack of control and I have three of them just sitting around. I just hope we have another RC flee market this year.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member