SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:46 AM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutski View Post
No flying today. I started damage assessment on my EXI 450 Pro. In addition to main shaft, main gear and tail boom destruction, the tail servo is stripped, the tail servo linkage rod is spaghetti, the tail bell crank is broken and the tail rotor shaft is bent. Not to mention the flybar is spaghetti (as usual) and the rotor head is severely bent.

I'm bloody tired of crashing and fixing, don't like the flybar or the split in the rotor head where it bolts to the shaft... and I can usually land my flybarless V400D02 in one piece. So.... I ordered the Align flybarless head and the Walkera RX2702V along with the usual load of replacement parts. Now I'm trying not to think about the cost Probly should have just started with a genuine Align heli, but too late now. In a week it should be in the air again (like the day after my vacation ends ). Then it's going to snow...

Meanwhile, the Easy Star II is almost together. I'm just waiting for some glue to dry before I stick the motor in the pod. Now for some SIM time!
You know I just ordered a dfc head combo and the new align tail for my 450, just thought id give a heads up i'll probably sell the stock parts dirt cheap if you're interested at all before I post it in classifieds..

Just thought i'd throw that out there and it would save ya lots of money lol
f.a.r.m.e.r is offline Find More Posts by f.a.r.m.e.r
Last edited by f.a.r.m.e.r; Aug 31, 2012 at 08:56 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:55 AM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
The electroincs are Align with the execption of the speed controls, tail servos, and gyros.
Speed controls are, CC and YEP
tail, MKS DS8910A+, SpringRC SM-S3471M, and a Tarot 9257M clone.
gyros are Futaba 401, beastx, and the blue beastx clone HB800.
Nice, are your 450s 3s?

I love my CC esc thing runs so cool on my 6s setup..

Where do they sell the blue beast x clone? I wonder how it compairs to the ZYX-S.. Can it run off a satellite receiver?

Sorry bout all the questions bud lol

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 31, 2012, 09:16 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,641 Posts
Can't run a sat. yet. I say yet because the hardware can the soft ware can't. I guess Germany only keeps copy rights for so long. As Vs 2 software rights are lifted it will work and they did write something in that keeps you from just updating it.

Hobbycool sells it, but their sight has been hacked. You can get it from them on ebay or the over seas sight targethobbies. It is much better than the ZYX-s. I have both and the HB800 is completely locked-in hands off flying. Most of all easy to set up without a computer and easy to change settings at the field. I would only recommend the tarot if you like exploring and fiddling with numbers and settings all day and have a laptop that you take with you.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:45 AM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Can't run a sat. yet. I say yet because the hardware can the soft ware can't. I guess Germany only keeps copy rights for so long. As Vs 2 software rights are lifted it will work and they did write something in that keeps you from just updating it.

Hobbycool sells it, but their sight has been hacked. You can get it from them on ebay or the over seas sight targethobbies. It is much better than the ZYX-s. I have both and the HB800 is completely locked-in hands off flying. Most of all easy to set up without a computer and easy to change settings at the field. I would only recommend the tarot if you like exploring and fiddling with numbers and settings all day and have a laptop that you take with you.
I never programed a flybarless system, it only took me 15 minutes to program the ZYX-S with the little program box.. I think the issues comes when people start trying to change gain settings, default with minor tweaks worked out just fine for me, but I think most of it has to do with a sound mechanical setup minimal slop and vibes..

But now that you say the gyro your using is easier to setup and flies better im all for that..

I'm going to order one from target hobby and give it a shot..

I just read the thread on it beta testing and they all seem to like it too

So its TX program only for now?
Old Aug 31, 2012, 05:03 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,641 Posts
Yes the HB dose just that. Flies solid out of the box. I tinkered a lot with the tarot just to get it flying like a flybar and the tail never did hold well.

You don't need a computer even the newest beast has setting for the computer, but they are more for tail comp and multiblade setup for electronic phasing. See you tell the gyro where all servos are 90 then tell it what 6 degrees looks like and that is basically it other than checking and eliminating binding on cyclic and tail.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by mhills51; Aug 31, 2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old Sep 03, 2012, 05:20 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.a.r.m.e.r View Post
... I wonder how it compairs to the ZYX-S.. Can it run off a satellite receiver?
If it is really what people say (clone of Beast X v1 software) - then it is miles better. Even V1 software had tail gyro code that held tail close to Spartan, while ZYX doesn't. (and if you want to get anything close to 'reasonable' with ZYX you need to work your settings out. BeastX you don't - as mhills51 said, you slap it on, define direction and end points, set gain in Tx and that's it! Perfect tail!

Rest (cyclics) on BeastX was just fine. V1 had some problems, but they were more like needing to tweak (which they did in V2 and V3 software) - not something that will crash the heli or make it unflyable (unlike ZYX and wrongly set distance of link balls)...
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Sep 03, 2012, 08:55 AM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,366 Posts
the end of summer very sad, I hear this winter will be a living hell..... oh well, I have allot of projects to work on.

Been flying hear and there, yesterday I finished my 2 year old EXI250 build and test flew her. I've been dieing for a 130x but thought the 250 could ease my desires...honestly, all the complaints about lots of maintenance has scared me away and made me check the 250. I don't think it is as durable but this EXI250 flies pretty nice. I'll fly her back to back with my TREX250 today.

Next project is getting my EXI450 Pro flying again.
Hope everyone is getting air, as always, I will be lurking about
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Sep 03, 2012, 09:52 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,641 Posts
I have had one of my 250's fly maintenance free for going on two years after replacing several parts with align. One thing that we have not figured out with it that the 130 does better is power to weight ratio. We were talking about the blades on the 250 because power doesn't seem lacking, but as you flip back and forth you need a lot of collective. Maybe we can get a hold of some 225 blades?
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 03, 2012, 10:04 AM
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,475 Posts
I got in three flights with my AS350 last night and my control of it is getting better all the time. This heli has shown me that I had to slow down my Jet Ranger in the air as it looked way too fast once I started to fly the AS350. After a true 6 minutes in the air, I only need to put back 1400 to 1600 into a 3300 battery. It is 12s so that is per battery. I could easily go 10 minutes but by that time, my eyes would be itching like crazy, lol. Take care.

Don
Keyrigger is offline Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Old Sep 03, 2012, 09:51 PM
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,475 Posts
Quiet day today. I won some air time this afternoon by taking care of a small honey-do list and made the most of it. I got four flights on my Logo 500, three on my Jet Ranger, and four on my AS350. Got the last flight in about 15 minutes after sunset and did the lights on the Ranger look great. Take care.

Don
Keyrigger is offline Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Old Sep 03, 2012, 10:46 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyrigger View Post
Quiet day today. I won some air time this afternoon by taking care of a small honey-do list and made the most of it. I got four flights on my Logo 500, three on my Jet Ranger, and four on my AS350. Got the last flight in about 15 minutes after sunset and did the lights on the Ranger look great. Take care.

Don
You sound like me. I don't like the weekends. I have to be with the family, but right after work I go straight to the field. Kinda make me like work lol!

I just ordered a Airwolf fuse for my 500e. I know its old and been done before way to many times, but for me its always been my dream heli. I came close a few times with the 450's but I always knew that size just wouldn't do.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 04, 2012, 12:08 AM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
939 Posts
I got 4 packs in on the 500 today mostly trimming it out and working out the bug.
It is a fresh FBL conversion of my Hausler 500 New servos all the way around and a HB800 gyro.
Just got a little bounce back going on but it is flying allot better then what it was when I first got it.
Black_heart is offline Find More Posts by Black_heart
Old Sep 04, 2012, 01:01 AM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
The last few days have been pretty good for flying heli's. Slow but visible progress towards inverted orientations. KBDD paddles make the Align 450 SE cyclic response tippy-toe quick, allowing recovery in any direction. As I set up the torque-tube tail 500 and the 450 FBL Pro I reflect that this 450 SE is the same equipment that the Szabo's used to win competitions.
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:10 AM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,366 Posts
not sure what happened, took off in the EXI250 and within seconds I lost perspective and smacked the ground. Broken feathering spindle and landing gear, otherwise she seems fine. Oh well, I don't have time to fix this for a few days. Very weird...not a dumb thumb, just lost it...
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Sep 04, 2012, 02:32 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoodcox View Post
not sure what happened, took off in the EXI250 and within seconds I lost perspective and smacked the ground. Broken feathering spindle and landing gear, otherwise she seems fine. Oh well, I don't have time to fix this for a few days. Very weird...not a dumb thumb, just lost it...
Now you just need to buy mine I'm going to have both 250's with tons of 250 stuff for sale as soon as I can get it all together lol! got to pay for my scale 500.
RCG Plus Member