SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 24, 2012, 12:04 AM
Malaysian Flier
Selangor, Malaysia
Joined Jan 2008
238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen@lanset.com View Post
Thanks. How many cells does the battery have?
I'm running on 6s setup bro. so my pack is 6cell
zhnme523 is online now Find More Posts by zhnme523
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2012, 07:49 AM
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
I flew the 120SR 2 packs this morning in a light breeze ..then the wind picked up so packed up the bird..Happy flying
venicebill is offline Find More Posts by venicebill
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:56 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,663 Posts

After months of inactivity on the Un-Official Micro-Flyers Video Challenge thread, I think the time has come to create a new challenge thread, including revised rules, more challenge categories, and fresh new concepts. So I have created the new Micro Flyers Great and Small Video Challenge thread to cater for all of the micro flying audience by adding 5 new challenge categories.

All of the challenge categories are as follows:
  • Helis (IN BLUE)
  • Helis 3D (IN LIGHT BLUE)
  • Quads (IN GREEN)
  • Quads 3D (IN DARK GREEN)
  • Planes (IN RED)
  • Planes 3D (IN ORANGE)
  • FPV also including the use of "key chain cams" and other micro recording devices (IN PURPLE)

Additionally I have added a Hall of Fame where you can compete to get your name on the podium in your respective flying class for the ultimate bragging rights.

valiantGLX is offline Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:13 AM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
-1 ...
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:34 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
No, been on a scaffolding board painting the stairway ceiling. I will have my Logo flying again end of next week though as i have a CC ICE 100 now & a new 4020/1100 on the way.
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Old Aug 27, 2012, 03:37 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,519 Posts
Flew my second 250 for a pack, still need to work on the pitch. Flew the 450 pro twice and the 500e once. Everything I did was stupid lol! our local pro was the only other person at the field. He just got his 600pro back together and all I can say is He is one of those guys that don't know how to fly straight and you just know those blades are just going to snap at any second.
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 27, 2012, 04:04 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Ahhh! Great weather this morning (for once) and I really concentrated on my hardest inverted orientation and made a tiny bit of headway. Great light, comparatively light wind. Nice.

I'm cheered to read that others are getting some quality airtime too.
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old Aug 28, 2012, 03:10 PM
mutski
Fairbanks, AK
Joined Jan 2011
1,169 Posts
Sigh. Great flight with the V400D02, then firmly planted the EXI 450 Pro in the turf. I should have known better with the EXI - it was windy and I've been having trouble keeping it in the air. Rebuild, rebuild, rebuild... This time folded the main shaft in half, assume I bent the feathering shaft, folded the tail boom, dinged the main gear. I think part of the trouble might be prior damage to the rotor head, which must be bent yet again. Luckily two new ones expected in the main today. Meanwhile, I've almost finished an Easy Star II foamie plane kit. Wonder if that crashes as handily?
mutski is offline Find More Posts by mutski
Old Aug 28, 2012, 07:06 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,519 Posts
Got in some more good flying today. With everything holding together so well I'm starting to get my confidence back and actually hovered inverted about 6ft off the ground instead of my 30ft just in-case something go's wrong so I can recover or at least flip it back before it hits the ground lol! Also that low I could see I needed to raise my gain on the fbl gyro as it was lofty when flipped.

mutski! with the foamie, foam safe CA glue is your friend
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 29, 2012, 05:00 AM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
936 Posts
Tarot 450 Pro V2 With ZYX-S Maiden Flight

I maidened my 450 yesterday..

Tarot 450 Pro V2 FBL With ZYX-S Maiden Flight (1 min 55 sec)

Up until yesterday I been only flying micro heli's, like the blade msrx, genius cp and then blade mcpx for a little over 9 months..

Ive been told so many times by numerous of users to get a real heli heli lol..

Well I'm glad I did it was awesome, even though I was shaking the whole flight lol..

Wasnt a great day for a maiden it was super windy but I had to try it =)

F.a.r.m.e.r
f.a.r.m.e.r is offline Find More Posts by f.a.r.m.e.r
Old Aug 29, 2012, 05:02 AM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
936 Posts
Btw great thread =}

Subscribed
Old Aug 29, 2012, 03:07 PM
mutski
Fairbanks, AK
Joined Jan 2011
1,169 Posts
Looks AWESOME Farmer!
Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:17 AM
mutski
Fairbanks, AK
Joined Jan 2011
1,169 Posts
No flying today. I started damage assessment on my EXI 450 Pro. In addition to main shaft, main gear and tail boom destruction, the tail servo is stripped, the tail servo linkage rod is spaghetti, the tail bell crank is broken and the tail rotor shaft is bent. Not to mention the flybar is spaghetti (as usual) and the rotor head is severely bent.

I'm bloody tired of crashing and fixing, don't like the flybar or the split in the rotor head where it bolts to the shaft... and I can usually land my flybarless V400D02 in one piece. So.... I ordered the Align flybarless head and the Walkera RX2702V along with the usual load of replacement parts. Now I'm trying not to think about the cost Probly should have just started with a genuine Align heli, but too late now. In a week it should be in the air again (like the day after my vacation ends ). Then it's going to snow...

Meanwhile, the Easy Star II is almost together. I'm just waiting for some glue to dry before I stick the motor in the pod. Now for some SIM time!
Old Aug 30, 2012, 01:05 AM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutski View Post
No flying today. I started damage assessment on my EXI 450 Pro. In addition to main shaft, main gear and tail boom destruction, the tail servo is stripped, the tail servo linkage rod is spaghetti, the tail bell crank is broken and the tail rotor shaft is bent. Not to mention the flybar is spaghetti (as usual) and the rotor head is severely bent.

I'm bloody tired of crashing and fixing, don't like the flybar or the split in the rotor head where it bolts to the shaft... and I can usually land my flybarless V400D02 in one piece. So.... I ordered the Align flybarless head and the Walkera RX2702V along with the usual load of replacement parts. Now I'm trying not to think about the cost Probly should have just started with a genuine Align heli, but too late now. In a week it should be in the air again (like the day after my vacation ends ). Then it's going to snow...

Meanwhile, the Easy Star II is almost together. I'm just waiting for some glue to dry before I stick the motor in the pod. Now for some SIM time!
Sorry to hear about your crash..

I used to fly a SIM alot but now I just use my mcpx as a SIM lol..

Have you ever tried an mcpx? They are so much fun

This is my real life sim cause it hardly breaks in a crash, usually over grass you just pick it up and launch it again lol

Blade mCPx V2 Twin Tail NanoTech 300 (1 min 32 sec)
Old Aug 30, 2012, 01:14 AM
mutski
Fairbanks, AK
Joined Jan 2011
1,169 Posts
I have three Genius CPs - they are my real-life sim. Generally crash without breaking since I added tail boom struts with hot glue. I love 'em! But the big ones are the current challenge. Also I like the V120D02S! And of course the V400D02, which I now have fitted with nav lights. I can't fly any of them like you with your MCPX though. Hot stuff!

V120D02S very fast! (5 min 13 sec)
Last edited by mutski; Aug 30, 2012 at 01:25 AM.