thwaitm— beautiful room; nice tatami's!
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2012, 02:19 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Blimey, that was proper smack down lol. Pretty tough little quad. I said to my wife, look at that, it's aparantly a living room but looks more like a bedroom & she said where is is Japan or something. I then saw that you are indeed in Japan.
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Old May 15, 2012, 05:46 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,763 Posts
Yeah - thanks and sorry about the piles of washing!!
It's a 6 tatami room, about 12m^2 and often it would be a room for sleeping but also eating and even cooking. Since when it's cold in Japan basically everything was done in one room with the whole family!
Luckily for me we have a western bed in another room (though it's small!) so this is the 'playspace' - the 2 kids get it from 7am to ~9pm and then wife permitting its mine!!

Everything bar 1 has flown in there - even my WK-V450 and X525 quad very briefly!!

The L shape with our living dining area means I don't get to fly very nice fig8s though! Papers blowing off the table one end and washing plus kids toys to avoid at the other!!

I was in Brisbane, Queensland last month and some people have rooms bigger than our entire flat!!
I was green with envy! Plus those 1 acre gardens look pretty appealing (until you need to mow it at least!).
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old May 15, 2012, 07:22 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,365 Posts
nice tatami's that almost sounds....well never mind.

2 paks in the TREX550, that thing is a monster , then 2 paks in my 450, that thing feels like a toy compaired to the 550 . What a machine.....I still feel giddy
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old May 18, 2012, 09:37 AM
Georgia, USA
Joined Jan 2008
3,766 Posts
Funny how that works. I went straight from a HoneyBee fixed pitch to 550 less than 3 weeks later. 550 is a good size. I have had 3 , 550's and 2 600' for at least a couple of years....but I started building my new Compass 7HV last week and it is my first 700, all high voltage. It dwarves my other helis. It is going to be a monster
And. I just flew my McPx
jamesppp is offline Find More Posts by jamesppp
Last edited by jamesppp; May 18, 2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old May 18, 2012, 12:11 PM
Joined Jan 2012
162 Posts
Newbie here and just flew my 35th consecutive crash free flight with my alzrc 450. Things are starting to click. So far had a total of 4 crashes since I started learning early this year. This is a very exciting hobby, little expencive but rewarding.
electrojolt is offline Find More Posts by electrojolt
Old May 20, 2012, 08:52 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Mare Island Sunday Flying

Conditions at Mare Island next to Vallejo, CA were idyllic. Only three of us showed up to fly so we just puttered around in the air and spent time bench B.S.-ing too:

RC Helicopters at Mare Island, Vallejo California (10 min 24 sec)
Old May 20, 2012, 08:57 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,084 Posts
Got to test my 450 camera at the field. It worked ok at 720 but has some noise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=lU0scED6SRA
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old May 24, 2012, 10:11 PM
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Near-perfect conditions this morning let me work on my big bugaboo: tail-in inverted hovering. For some reason this position is the hardest thing for me to be comfortable with. I am really lagging but realize there is no short cut so I'm forcing myself to do it. At least I have enough tricks in my bag to bail when I get uptight rather than crash.

P.S.: I am acquiring an Align T-rex 450 Pro + 3-axis gyro control to try the flybar-less thing. Should be interesting.

P.P.S: two days later, Saturday May 26, and the wind and fog have been more or less steady since that one perfect day. Sim weather and/or bench and repair weather. I will fix T-rex 450 SE #2, which has been languishing for a while, and prepare to receive a T-rex 450 Pro with Mini-Vbar and DSC FBL head.
Last edited by zen@lanset.com; May 26, 2012 at 10:55 PM. Reason: No need to extend the thread.
Old May 25, 2012, 02:30 PM
Retired Old Guy
United States, IL, New Lenox
Joined Jan 2012
603 Posts
Yes, I flew my Hausler 450 and my WiteSpy quad. Well, not flew.....just in the hovering stage but each hover flight builds confidence......

RWW
whitehedr is offline Find More Posts by whitehedr
Old May 26, 2012, 09:20 PM
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,365 Posts
what a great day, it is like summer around here

Today I focused on my micros, fixed my Sukhoi and flew it until I broke it again, quite a few paks I also got my mCPx flying, something like 12 paks wifey was amazed to see me flipping her around the yard, I fly my 450s, 500, and 550 in the yard but there is no space for such a large heli to flip about, maybe for some of you folks but sometimes I need allot of sky to recover from boo boos

Spent the evening going over my 450Pro that I smushed in last week, she should be ready to fly shortly

Days like today, hanging with the wife and puppy, flying, setting up the pool, getting a tan....hope everyone has a great memorial day weekend....please don't forget those who gave so much for us to have so much
Old May 27, 2012, 07:54 PM
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,365 Posts
wow, I hope I am not the only person getting air time Another great day
Old May 27, 2012, 08:09 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,084 Posts
Just you! Hot sweaty windy hell here!
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old May 27, 2012, 08:45 PM
Gravity always Wins :(
USA, NY, Bellerose
Joined Jun 2008
202 Posts
Today I flew my 450 for the first time since I crashed it two years ago. Probably one of the most amazing flights I have had.
Mikeyburger240 is offline Find More Posts by Mikeyburger240
Old May 27, 2012, 09:50 PM
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoodcox View Post
wow, I hope I am not the only person getting air time Another great day
Not quite: I couldn't resist going out to practice in the morning overcast. Then two more sessions afternoon and early evening. Nine batteries total.

whitehedr: hovering is flying!

Poor Wesley crashed his T-rex 600 today in Oakland. I can't convince him to take one of my Honey Bee FP's to get more solid on basic cyclic orientations.