SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:50 PM
To many projects
USA, AZ, Litchfield Park
Joined Aug 2004
1,055 Posts
Long time no chat gentlemen, I kind of put the helis aside for last summer then got busy doing other stuff with RC flying being a little more,, umm maintenance free I should say by flying sailplanes and 3D.

Then came Black Friday and I got a mcpx rtf for $124 to my door. A little reading and the boom mod and 300ma packs were on before the first flight. I've been flying that most everyday since doing orientation work. It finally lost the main motor, but its been through three 4-3B tail motors. btw I'm still on the same blades it came with. It's been an outstanding heli for a few hundred lazy sport style flights.

I just finished the co5 bl install and the sr120 tail mod along with a little cleaning of the servo wipers.

I really wished the mcpx would of been available when I took up helis seriously because that 4s BeastX stretched 450 and all its parts just gathers dust and I really don't think I'll ever fly it again.

Oh well, good catching up on the read and I'll check in more ofter.
66tbird is offline Find More Posts by 66tbird
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:34 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Yes i did & Jesus Christ was i flying fickin crap!!!. I even had a 6s lipo pop after i landed & i've never removed a lipo quicker lol. I tried a small auto from a flip into upright but it had no headspead & just plopped down a bit hard.
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Old Apr 06, 2012, 09:45 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,029 Posts
its been a while since i have flown so tomorrow ; rain ,shine, tornado or hurricane , i am going to fly every one i bring out tomorrow . even if i crash all of them its still better than being home
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Apr 07, 2012, 01:31 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,192 Posts
I am planing on taking my 250 and 450pro to my parents tomorrow. They live in Clinton Mo. on one side is the golf course and the other farms. So if the weather is as good as here in KC I should get some flying while the kids are looking for eggs.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 07, 2012, 03:51 PM
To many projects
USA, AZ, Litchfield Park
Joined Aug 2004
1,055 Posts
The co5-bl/120-tail upgrade on my mpcx does really work well. I've got ten batteries and two parallel expansion boards for charging them all at once over night using the stock charger on the lowest setting. I've been doing ten flights a day for a while now and getting very comfortable in all upright orientations by doing slow piros in the wind. It's very nice to fly with no pucker factor. I'll be flipping it upside down and doing those orientations soon. The thought of selling my 250 and a 450 crossed my mind. I'll keep the 4s-450 for later when I'm better at 3D smack.
66tbird is offline Find More Posts by 66tbird
Old Apr 08, 2012, 09:30 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,365 Posts
one pak in my EXI450Pro and then I maidened my TREX550....she flew GREAT! to quote a certian tiger Winds were kicking but she is very stable in the wind, flew ~6 minutes and paks were still 85%. This heli is WAY too big for my yard, can't wait to get her to the flying field.
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Apr 12, 2012, 04:15 PM
Skint since 2000
Reading, United Kingdom
Joined Oct 2008
1,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoodcox View Post
one pak in my EXI450Pro and then I maidened my TREX550....she flew GREAT! to quote a certian tiger Winds were kicking but she is very stable in the wind, flew ~6 minutes and paks were still 85%. This heli is WAY too big for my yard, can't wait to get her to the flying field.
go FBL with the AR7200BX, Now that is flying Great
ghost2212 is offline Find More Posts by ghost2212
Old Apr 13, 2012, 02:11 PM
DT (Dart Tin) 550E, mCPX BL
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Jun 2009
500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoodcox View Post
Nice man! I will be getting a 550E myself by the second week of June. I can hardly wait.

Anyways, as for today and thusfar, i have flown one pack on my 450 SE V2... nice to have my big bird back in the air after my el-cheapo MEMS gyro had problems with the rudder servo. I love my used JRG500T gyro... especially since it's not one of those Chinese knock-offs, and is in fact made in Japan.
helinewbie617 is offline Find More Posts by helinewbie617
Old Apr 14, 2012, 02:48 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Finally got one good session yesterday afternoon: blue skies with no wind and I didn't have to run home! Got 4 batteries through HK250 and 6 through MT... Both flew quite nicely and I finally got relaxed to try new stuff!

Since I still break in batteries (two new gens ace) I spent 3 minutes on first battery doing only CW piro circuits and next three minutes doing CCW piro circuits. Then second battery inverted 3 minutes CW pirouettes and then next 3 minutes CCW pirouettes. Only! LOL And still enjoyed it a lot! Rest of batteries I did practice piro-flips (not as good as yours P4ddy), and other stuff...

How just one good session can change things and boost confidence
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:24 PM
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost2212 View Post
go FBL with the AR7200BX, Now that is flying Great
I have not had great luck with FBL setups, I've tried a number of cheap FBL controllers without much luck. Probably because I am stupid but as dumb as I might be, my FB helis fly GREAT! I do see this upgrade in the future mostly because the 550 is such a great heli

Got the Plastic 500 out yesterday, flies very nice, this one is getting a Align 3G, another FBL experiment Once she flies good, she gets the Airwolf body.

Flew a bunch in my FBL 450, tweaking gains, she flies pretty good but still has issues with nose pitching up.

Weather has been great but so many chores keeping me from flying much, I feel rusty. If the weather holds tomorrow, I take the 550 up for a couple more paks

Hope everyone is getting some air, spring looks like it has finally sprung around here
Old Apr 15, 2012, 03:42 AM
Airlady
United States, TX
Joined Jan 2012
35 Posts
Flew some

Been working building my 450 FrankenTrackz lol She is a labor of love but in the meantimewhile I Wait for my motor to arrive I been flying smaller homemade heli in the shop chasing my lil dog around Name: my desktop whirlie  birds.jpg
Views: 33
Size: 93.9 KB
Description: good dog chasers lol

Name: My lil friend  shortie the Stray she is like me a Stray.jpg
Views: 25
Size: 95.5 KB
Description: she dont like the gold whirliebird   
this little doggie is not a Bird Dog ROFL
Airlady is offline Find More Posts by Airlady
Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:31 PM
california
Joined Feb 2010
47 Posts
i flew my glider at sunset here in california. it was a little gusty and chilly. im new to gliders i fly helis. i wanted to teach one of my kids to fly so i bought the kinetic mini glider from hk. 3 words "i love it." to be able to chill out and listen to it cut air past me while throttle was cut was relaxing, somthing you dont get with helis. i still love my helis! this glider will fill in allot of time while my packs for my heli charge. and vise versa, all day fun.
gonepostal- is offline Find More Posts by gonepostal-
Old Apr 24, 2012, 02:06 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Yes i did & i'm buzzing. I cannot wait to get this out to the field for it's first EVER proper flight since i bought it in July 2005

Sabre repaired & ready for it's flying field maiden (1 min 58 sec)
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Old Apr 24, 2012, 03:28 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
p4ddy— cheers, mate. Anyone who can fly a fixie outdoors has the right stuff!

Honey Bee FP - taking a RC helicopter break (4 min 0 sec)

gonepostal-—

did someone say 'glider'?

Skyclimber low passes (2 min 48 sec)
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old Apr 27, 2012, 08:47 PM
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,365 Posts
weather has been pure crap, no flying for some time, I am working a bit of overtime so no work getting done on any ofthe projects. Those vids make me want to pull out my old HBFP and get it flying again. Last time I did that I spent a night on my HB King II, it flew terrible That is not what I remembered when I first flew the heli, I thought it was HOT!!!! How time changes things

Hope folks are getting air, going to be cold but I should get in the air this weekend