HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 17, 2011, 07:20 AM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,343 Posts
Been flying my TREX250, she flies very nice, got like 6 paks in yesterday between breaks working on my car. Last night I installed my new align 70a ESC into my EXI500 plastic, this mornings test flight went great I have a little work to do on the tail but this bird is finally beginning to fly nice.

Nice flying Devin, I don't think I have ever seen you fly straight and level
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Last edited by ewoodcox; Jul 17, 2011 at 02:16 PM. Reason: misspelling :)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2011, 01:42 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Man, this fog and wind isn't going away so I flew a couple of packs at the nearby park where I used to go every morning with the Blade CP Pro. Tons of kids today and they came at me like a horde during the first battery. I got them and their parents lined up behind me for the second flight and did a basic demo series with few aerobatics because I know from experience that if I try to push it when my peripheral vision is scanning for kids and dogs I will dump it. The kids enjoyed it and everyone thanked me. I stopped because there is too much action on a Sunday to concentrate just on flying.
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old Jul 18, 2011, 10:58 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,987 Posts
I was looking at google maps yesterday trying to see your flying spot at Berkeley marina. I was supprised how big that place is & needless to say i had no idea where your flying spot was.
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:21 PM
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
p4ddy— I was just there earlier today. Of course the wind kicked up by the time I got a helicopter ready to fly but I did a little practice. Poor Tom crashed his MT 325 and his Protos 500, though he was looking very good while they were in the air.

Here is the place we fly from at the Marina:
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:47 PM
Skint since 2000
Reading, United Kingdom
Joined Oct 2008
1,497 Posts
No Flying today :(

Its been raining on and off for the last three days now

The weather is looking okay for wednesday though so hopefully I will get to fly then.

Heres some picture my friend took on friday
ghost2212 is offline Find More Posts by ghost2212
Old Jul 19, 2011, 04:52 AM
Supra!!!!!!
Las Vegas Nv, USA
Joined Oct 2005
3,098 Posts
Tim jones is in the house! Vegas that it. Ben Storick, Tim Jones and I are all going flying tomorrow! Team A Main Hobbies get it done!
Speed Stick 3D is offline Find More Posts by Speed Stick 3D
Old Jul 19, 2011, 12:35 PM
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Wish I could be there.

P.S.: yesterday I turned up my throttle curve slightly (from 88% to 90% at mid-stick & 95% to 97% at the ends) and the helicopter became easier to hold during flips and inverted hovers. Increased battery consumption is nil but the improvement in flight control is noticeable.
Last edited by zen@lanset.com; Jul 20, 2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 07:28 PM
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,343 Posts
Hmmmm, no flying....too hot?

I am out of town, I left on Tuesday but was able to get some stick time in my 450 Pro and my TREX250. That 250 flies GREAT! to quote a certian tiger Tried to set the tail on my EXI500 plastic but the gyro wags bad and I cannot get it worked out, when I get home tomorrow night I will reduce the mechanical gain by moving the ball in one notch on the servo arm...if that don't work I will swap gyros.

Looking forward to getting home tomorrow night, should be home before sunset so I expect to fly...which will likely make my wife made she things I have an addiction. probably right
Old Jul 21, 2011, 07:31 PM
Team Mulikow 3D ---- :0)
Oswego, NY
Joined Sep 2007
2,053 Posts
If your in town and around Oswego during Harborfest -- sat and sun 10 - 5 is the 5th annual fort flyin -- no landing fees :0)

Glad your getting some stick time in

Markus
dizzymarkus is offline Find More Posts by dizzymarkus
Old Jul 21, 2011, 09:58 PM
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzymarkus View Post
If your in town and around Oswego during Harborfest -- sat and sun 10 - 5 is the 5th annual fort flyin -- no landing fees :0)

Glad your getting some stick time in

Markus
thanks for the heads up dawg! I'll try to drop by with Merilee. We have no plans and this sounds like a fun weekend adventure. We love visiting the fort
Old Jul 22, 2011, 02:25 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2011
4 Posts
yup,i just flyed with this Syma Marines RC Mini Helicopter ,good performance.
Love it so much.
simikjean is offline Find More Posts by simikjean
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 22, 2011, 09:16 AM
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Another stealth ad from a low end re-seller . I'm reportin'
Old Jul 22, 2011, 10:33 AM
Joined Feb 2011
193 Posts
Rilly Rilly good day today, for the past mounth mabe a little more I have been putting my first heli together EXI 450, , putting it together setting it up balansing it and every thing ealse wasnt easy at all, the only help I had was this form now when i had a question i did get answers alot were diffrent from others witch made it a challange but they were answers and they did help so I thank you for that.
I spune the EXI 450 up and there was no vibation at all , perfect took it up at a huver gyro worked great the trotal curve was a little of but like a lot of you said that the throtal curve and pitch curve is like a personal thing you set it to your standerds but over all it went up and flew great, im a beginner so there wasnt any thing great but just to be able to get it up for a 10 minet fly mabe a little less and then get it down in one pice is a great ending, thanks,

Jim. P.S. ill get a video made up.
jimmyjam45 is offline Find More Posts by jimmyjam45
Old Jul 22, 2011, 03:04 PM
Berkeley, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,895 Posts
It was really windy the past 2 days at Berkeley Marina around noon time, 16+ mph wind gust to 22+.

I tried to do some lunch hour flying and was not able to get the BeastX initialized when the heli is upright, I had to lay the bird on the side instead.
estarter is offline Find More Posts by estarter
Old Jul 22, 2011, 10:20 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
Marina Village, NC
Joined Aug 2007
3,296 Posts
98 degrees & very HUMID here ?? miserable
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC