Crash

Must be about 16:50 there?? It's 22:50 here GET ON WITH YOUR WORK
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Old Sep 05, 2007, 05:52 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Hi Alló this morning I put the Trex 450 in the air after changing lots'a parts, including going one tooth more to a 12-t pinion. It had much more spunk, but there is still a vibration when it spins down after lowering the stick.

Then I put the Blade CP Pro in the air. Hovered nose-in briefly from a clockwise circle, then dumped it trying the same thing from a counter-clockwise circle. Will repair and fly again this evening....
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old Sep 05, 2007, 06:05 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen@lanset.com
It had much more spunk, ....

QUOTE] Hovered nose-in briefly from a clockwise circle, then dumped it trying the same thing from a counter-clockwise circle. Will repair and fly again this evening....[/QUOTE]

Funny that, i allways find going nose in from an anti clockwise piro is easy, but find i lose it going clockwise. But doing a circle either way then stopping for nose in is fine. I also feel more comfortable circling clockwise than anti clockwise. I wonder what determines which way we will prefere??
Old Sep 05, 2007, 07:16 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
I am just beginning to try nose-in with CP heli's after crude attempts indoors with an FP. To say 'circles' is inaccurate in my first post. 'Rotating from side-in' either clockwise or counter-clockwise is more like it.

Well, the heli is now flyable so I'll have at it again later on....
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old Sep 05, 2007, 08:38 PM
Take it easy
Tampa, Florida USA
Joined May 2007
547 Posts
Just nipped a wee teenie bit of tree branch with my Dragonus yesterday but it was enough to snap one Pro Woodie. I was quick on the hold switch and only lost one blade and bent the feather noodle. Replaced the noodle shaft but I'm fresh out of 325 Pro Woodies. Anybody know where I can some? They seem to be slim to done forever at HD.

Rich
SlowRide is offline Find More Posts by SlowRide
Old Sep 06, 2007, 12:22 AM
Rcer field rep.
yucca valley, CA/// RCG
Joined May 2006
3,278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRide
Just nipped a wee teenie bit of tree branch with my Dragonus yesterday but it was enough to snap one Pro Woodie. I was quick on the hold switch and only lost one blade and bent the feather noodle. Replaced the noodle shaft but I'm fresh out of 325 Pro Woodies. Anybody know where I can some? They seem to be slim to done forever at HD.

Rich

http://www.techmodelproducts.com/trex_450_parts.php

there you go they are showing align woodies in stock....
and also, those techmodel woodies aren't bad either.

oh, and grandrc has 325's in stock
http://grandrc.com/t_rex_blades

and hoverhobbies.com
http://www.hoverhobbies.com/index.ph...3cb2bc07aaf1ea

and readyheli
http://www.readyheli.com/Main_Rotor_Blades_s/41.htm

wow.... i am suprised...usualy no one has 325's in stock! but now we have a variety of places to choose from
moosemanty is offline Find More Posts by moosemanty
Last edited by moosemanty; Sep 06, 2007 at 12:29 AM.
Old Sep 06, 2007, 09:17 AM
Take it easy
Tampa, Florida USA
Joined May 2007
547 Posts
Thanks a lot Moose, no excuse for me not having blades now.

Note to HeliDirect... I never just buy blades, I always have to 'fill the box'. You don't want me to get use to buying heli-stuff elsewhere... do you?

Rich
Last edited by SlowRide; Sep 06, 2007 at 09:23 AM.
Old Sep 09, 2007, 09:50 AM
Take it easy
Tampa, Florida USA
Joined May 2007
547 Posts
Got to my flying field at sun-up. Clear, bright and no breeze at all. Brought 2 helis and one plank for my morning flying delight.

I had something different to fly today, a Raptor 50 v2, my first nitro heli. Bought it used in great shape and itís BIG compared to what Iím use to flying. I hovered it yesterday in my backyard to tweak out the ship and was going to give it a shakedown cruise this morning.

Fuel it up, fired it up, got it in the air and hit the stunt-1 switch. A little torque kicked the tail a little but the bird just flew great! Did figure 8ís circuits, stall turnsÖ this bird just wanted to fly. Very responsive to the controls and didnít do anything I didnít want it to. I burned 2 tanks of slime juice.

Brought out the plank (Mini Pulse) next. I wasnít too easy on this morning. I ruff it about a little and it tried to get away from me but I wouldnít let it. This thing has plenty of power and is a lot fun to zip about the field.

Popped a A123 pack in the QJ EP-8 EX and gave that a good shakedown this morning also. Iím about ready to try a little more with this bird in the near future. Just hope it all comes out OK when I do. Flew 2 pks total in this bird.

Very good morning of flying for me. All went well and I came home with a very large grin on my face. Now I need to go buy a 50gal drum of nitro.

Rich
Last edited by SlowRide; Sep 09, 2007 at 10:25 AM.
Old Sep 09, 2007, 10:33 AM
Rcer field rep.
yucca valley, CA/// RCG
Joined May 2006
3,278 Posts
oooooooo.............nice rappy
moosemanty is offline Find More Posts by moosemanty
Old Sep 10, 2007, 11:10 AM
United States, GA, Roswell
Joined Mar 2007
1,237 Posts
Woot! Got my bird (450S + Sky shark head) up in the air after 3 weeks of it being down. Flies so well!!! Only thing it needs now is a stiffer set of dampeners... and readyheli.com was sold out of the trueblood ones. It's amazing how much time a nice set of tools saves you on builds / repairs.
hurleybt is offline Find More Posts by hurleybt
Old Sep 10, 2007, 11:42 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Not flown yet but about to go out the back & have a potter around btween the garages that provide nice shelter from the wind but lack room to fly properly.
Old Sep 10, 2007, 01:15 PM
Take it easy
Tampa, Florida USA
Joined May 2007
547 Posts
Test flew the Rappy this morning. Took the CMS-180 gyro off and replaced it with a GY-401....... now.... that's what I'm use to!! I need take it to the BIG field and shake it down.

Rich
Old Sep 16, 2007, 11:23 AM
Take it easy
Tampa, Florida USA
Joined May 2007
547 Posts
Did my Sunday morning flight. Beautiful morning at sun-up, no wind and clear skies. Took 1-plane and 2 helis. Flew the Mini Pulse plank first. That plane is a lot of fun. It jumps into the air and is very responsive to the controls. I'm getting my feel back for airplanes. Flew 2 pks total.

Next was the Dragonus. It flies great as usual but I think it's time to go CF on the blades. Got to order me a set. Flew 2 pks total.

Brought out the smoker!! I love flying that big ole Rappy 50. I know what everybody means when they say bigger flies better. I'm still running it a bit rich and that'll do till I get to the point that I really need more power to try something 'crazy' with it! The GY-401 gyro works like a champ. Flew 3 tanks total on that bird.

Tried to get my wife to video tape but she's blind as a bat. All I heard was... "Where's it at?? Can't see it!! How do I zoom!!... I told her thanks but just put it away.

Had a great time flying, all went well and brought all 3 back in one piece. (that's a good thing )

I had a mishap with the EP-8 in my yard earlier in the week, heli vs. powerline and the powerline won! Got repair parts coming, it'll be back in the air in no time.

cheers
Rich