SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 17, 2011, 10:11 PM
Australia, QLD, Highfields
Joined Jan 2010
3 Posts
Maybe a few hundred more sessions down at the park I might get the skills of Speed Stick 3D up a few posts Rob.. Was great to see your T-28 cutting some holes in the sky too.
DundeeSun is offline Find More Posts by DundeeSun
to remove ads between posts
Old May 18, 2011, 09:01 AM
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Aug 2010
1,525 Posts
A little 120SR fixed pitch heli inside a light plastic Seahawk fuselage. I held the video cam with one hand and control the TX with the other.
Blade 120 SR CX2 Seahawk body outdoors (2 min 54 sec)
urrl is offline Find More Posts by urrl
Old May 18, 2011, 10:27 AM
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Aug 2010
1,525 Posts
Flew both the V450D01 and the 250 Airwolf this morning, but before watching the video let me just say my skills are really hampered when trying to maneuver inside the fixed frame of a stationary video cam; this little 4F200 Airwolf is fast and will cover so much distance in a short time you will be wondering which way it is oriented due to being so far away. I try to keep it close in this video. Flying this morning made me change my mind about reverting back to a lighter body like the Big Lama body, which was perfect for flying but harder to install due to it being too long, and very fragile thin plastic:
Big Lama Beefed Up and Flybarless (1 min 17 sec)

I also had a hard time installing this one:
4F200 Flybarless in MD500 Army Fuselage (3 min 24 sec)

Anyway here is this morning's flight:
4F200 in an Airwolf Fuselage (2 min 59 sec)
urrl is offline Find More Posts by urrl
Old May 18, 2011, 10:51 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Stick 3D View Post
Nicely controlled in such a tight space. I'm just waiting for Nick Maxwell to get one & post another confined space 3D vid like his famous Gaui in the garage vid. Maybe he'll fly it in a toilet cubicle So is that out the box or with the mods i've been reading about?? i:e, canopy gromets on the swash & lengthend boom??
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Old May 18, 2011, 01:31 PM
Supra!!!!!!
Las Vegas Nv, USA
Joined Oct 2005
3,098 Posts
Thats out of the box, Nothing done to it.. Bind and Fly version
Speed Stick 3D is offline Find More Posts by Speed Stick 3D
Old May 18, 2011, 09:59 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Stick 3D View Post
Thats out of the box, Nothing done to it.. Bind and Fly version
Nice...how long did it take you to get that good again...
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old May 18, 2011, 11:25 PM
Supra!!!!!!
Las Vegas Nv, USA
Joined Oct 2005
3,098 Posts
lol? hmm I just picked it up? lol
Old May 19, 2011, 07:55 PM
AMA 743519 Team Heliproz Pilot
United States, WA, Granite Falls
Joined Mar 2006
1,143 Posts
flew last night at the last indoor sesion for the season. got a little gutsy. started doing piros. no problem. helis nice and stable. decided to do some foreward flight. a circle to the left. 1st one no problem. landed. shook like a leaf for a few. lol. decided to go up again. more prios. no problem. decided to do another circle, big problem. got 3/4 the way around and it started to slide to the left. my fault as i didnt roll right and foreward to level off to finish the turn. she got the blades, tail boom, one side of the landing gear bent and the main gear has a nice chunk missing. i was only about 3' up so it wasnt that bad. i hit throttle cut as soon as i know it was going bad to minimise the damage. ill have her flying by saturday i hope. well its been a while since i have crashed so i got that out of my system. lol.
drakonis is offline Find More Posts by drakonis
Old May 19, 2011, 11:10 PM
Central Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
I live in Central Florida, and usually we don't have a lot of wind, but this time of year, it can blow most of the day. However, the last three days have been great.

Little to zero wind in the upper mid afternoon, and evening. I've been flying out in the backyard, and even the driveway, my 2 mSRs, the 120SR, and the mCX2 if that gives you an idea of how calm it's been.

I've been averaging 2-4 batteries for each chopper but I actually got in 6 flights on the 120SR!

Indoor flying is fine, but getting outside every now and then is great.

Ed
edwong3 is offline Find More Posts by edwong3
Old May 19, 2011, 11:47 PM
AMA 743519 Team Heliproz Pilot
United States, WA, Granite Falls
Joined Mar 2006
1,143 Posts
the indoor season is over. its finally sunny here. 196 days under 70`. been dam cold here. lol. ive been flying in the back yard dodging the bushes and trees. currently broke on the bench but will be fixed tomorrow night.
drakonis is offline Find More Posts by drakonis
Old May 20, 2011, 01:21 AM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,261 Posts
Yep, it is cold in Washington. And usually windy too. I have passed the 100 mark today on outdoor flights in the last 3 weeks. Most of them on my 6s upgrade on the 450. Flew 9 batts today alone since the weather was nice. All of them over 7 to 8 minutes. Lots of earlier flights were in terrible windy and rainy conditions. I am dodging trees and bushes also but have gotten it up a couple hundred feet and flown about the neighborhood the last two days. Looks like it is time to find a good flying park and stay safe.
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old May 20, 2011, 02:25 AM
Supra!!!!!!
Las Vegas Nv, USA
Joined Oct 2005
3,098 Posts
Going down to San diego tomorrow morning! Looking for a weekend of awesome flying!
Old May 20, 2011, 02:30 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Lucky you. I missed flying yesterday at lunch break (it was a bizarre day by all means) and it looks like that I'm going to miss it today, too (completely different reasons, but...). And last two days were nice, calm, sunny...

And by the forecast, I'm going to miss flying over weekend too (Saturday is supposed to be sunny, but windy) and my wife has already planned the whole day and Sunday, even windier and with light rain (showers?)...
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old May 20, 2011, 05:08 PM
Joined Mar 2011
254 Posts
Yesterday I crashed hard replaced the feathering shaft and 30 min later was back at it. Today I toned it down and just flew. Love the durability of that Mcpx.
litehawkdown is offline Find More Posts by litehawkdown
Old May 20, 2011, 10:02 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,516 Posts
found a new field today at an elementary school about 2 miles from my house...out in the boonies with NO distractions....never even knew this school was there
KCinNC is online now Find More Posts by KCinNC