chatch15117 is offline Find More Posts by chatch15117
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old May 14, 2011, 05:38 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,365 Posts
I am on international travel and brought me mCPx with me, I had my DX7 in a insturment case with my network analyzer and the baggage animals broke the plastic antenna. The mCPx was a little brutilized but it flies. Been so busy I have only flown one pak in the last week. I was thinking about bringing a 450....thank goodness I didn't do that, if the baggage animals can break a mCPx, a bigger heli would not likely have survived.

winds are always blowing here in the tropics although wifey says the bugs in Syracuse are particularily nasty Hope to get a pak or two in today....it'll be good to get back to the world next week
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old May 14, 2011, 10:30 PM
Berkeley, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,895 Posts
Another test flight with the Flybarless Blade SR, getting a little used to the control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o12SD...el_video_title
estarter is offline Find More Posts by estarter
Old May 14, 2011, 10:36 PM
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,466 Posts
Today, after a very luck break at our Field Target match, I was able to put in two flights with my pair of 250's that had the guys that stuck around thoroughly entertained. This was the first time that I was able to put both helicopters at any point in the air that I wanted, even bringing in my scale 250 to show off the lighting system in the canopy. The more I fly them, the more I like their size, and their maneuverability. I have done similar flying with the mCPX but it does not bring the comments these two do. It may have to do with the very high head rpm that these have over most other helicopters. It could be time to thin the herd a bit and buy a third 250? Take care.

Don
Keyrigger is offline Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Old May 14, 2011, 10:56 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Don— I can well understand why you like your micro T-rex's. I've been clearing the building (kitchen) table to set up a Blade CP Pro again because micro's are so much fun to fly, take less room, and are safer in parks than 450's.

I was in Vallejo, CA again this morning and there is so much flying room around that city that even though the wind was fierce I flew T-rex 450 SE #1 just to glory in the emptiness.
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old May 14, 2011, 11:22 PM
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,466 Posts
I have two CP Pro 2's that are set in scale bodies and one day this summer, it will be a 250/300 flying session that will be non-stop for at least three or four hours of air time. I have lots of batteries and two chargers so the truck's battery is going to get a real workout keeping them charged, lol. It may be time to get a carry case made up to take my micro fleet to the truck in one swoop. Multiple trips to the basement is getting real old, sigh. Take care.

Don
Old May 15, 2011, 03:56 PM
Alberta, canada
Joined Apr 2009
640 Posts
I did another test flight with the raptor today, freakin 40k winds, 70k gusts... it was scary!! But I never crashed, however while hovering nose in trying to keep her steady, the damn fuel line poped off my muffler and it leaned out like mad. But I hit TH immediately, should be good.
chronic is offline Find More Posts by chronic
Old May 15, 2011, 08:10 PM
mCPX BL and T-Rex 450 DFC
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Jun 2009
500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by estarter View Post
Another test flight with the Flybarless Blade SR, getting a little used to the control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o12SD...el_video_title
Nice inverted hovering there! I will get there one of these days.

Since still am waiting on parts until tomorrow (hopefully) for my 450 clone, I still am flying my Walkera 4#6 and Blade 120SR. The 4#6 is my orientation training master and the 120 SR is really just for fun. Had a beautiful flight with my 4#6 about an hour and a half ago... those Airy II blades certainly sound cool (almost like a 250's blades, but much slower rpm of course.) Just installed a new head assembly and bevel gear, so she is a lot of fun again.
helinewbie617 is offline Find More Posts by helinewbie617
Old May 16, 2011, 05:35 PM
AMA 743519 Team Heliproz Pilot
United States, WA, Granite Falls
Joined Mar 2006
1,143 Posts
yes. finally after spending the whole weekend tweaking and changing the frame out on my heli. finally got rid of the esky frame and installed a nice aftermarked good looking and super stiff frame. i cant remember the brand but its nice. although it was gusty (weather sucks here) around the garage it flew well. felt "proper" and like a buddies heli does. mine just didnt feel right to me before i changes the frame. now it feels good.
drakonis is offline Find More Posts by drakonis
Old May 16, 2011, 10:30 PM
Supra!!!!!!
Las Vegas Nv, USA
Joined Oct 2005
3,098 Posts
Fun in the trailer!

Devin LeBlanc - mCP-X (2 min 3 sec)
Speed Stick 3D is offline Find More Posts by Speed Stick 3D
Old May 16, 2011, 11:28 PM
Alberta, canada
Joined Apr 2009
640 Posts
That was fantastic speed stick!!
chronic is offline Find More Posts by chronic
Old May 17, 2011, 09:48 AM
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Aug 2010
1,525 Posts
Very impressed with your skills SpeedStick. It motivates me to finally get a MCPx to improve my own skills.

I could not figure out why the V450 with Camo Army fuse was vibrating so much; possibly the cause for the last accident by confusing the gyro electonics and overheating the ESC. No joy even after changing the shaft. Then I noticed the edge of one blade higher than the other while in flight at eye level. I changed the bent feathering shaft, which helped, but it was only after putting on a spare set of Trex 450 blades did the heli smooth out. Flies like new now.
urrl is offline Find More Posts by urrl
Old May 17, 2011, 10:20 AM
Sweden
Joined Jan 2010
567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Stick 3D View Post
Awesome, I really want one... but my mostly unused msr would have to go first...
sandos is offline Find More Posts by sandos
Old May 17, 2011, 04:40 PM
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,466 Posts
I got four flights in today at work with my scale 250. It's nice when there's no wind or weather to deal with. Take care.

Don
Old May 17, 2011, 09:13 PM
Captain Coolite
Meringandan, QLD , Australia
Joined Jan 2011
2,834 Posts
Dave's First Recorded Flight

G'day all.
I am a Warbird RC Pilot, but yesterday, my mate Dave and I got together for a bit of mixed flying.
I flew my T 28, and then Dave brought out his T Rex 450 Electric Heli.
Dave is self taught and uses his Phoenix sim heaps.

There is nothing special about this vid, its just Dave flying his heli around our local park.
Enjoy
Rob
RC Heli Pilot Dave Hill's T Rex 450.wmv (6 min 32 sec)
Rob Knox is offline Find More Posts by Rob Knox
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Spektrum Gratton Air-Fair