HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 22, 2008, 03:50 AM
"How old are you?"
Brum, U.K.
Joined Feb 2006
544 Posts
I think its even too windy here to drive my T-Maxx

Thats another weekend written off by the English weather....

Ive got 7 packs just lying there , look-out................. the nights are closing in!

Mike
Brummeh is offline Find More Posts by Brummeh
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2008, 04:08 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
You saying that, i actually got more flying done in the autumn/winter last year & early this year than this crappy summer & last summer. All we have is constant strong winds. Send me your packs & i'll cycle them for you
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Old Jun 22, 2008, 04:18 AM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Whoa, hope it's not like this at the fun fly :/ The trees around here are struggling to stay up.

Definitely a truggy day .
LaurenceGough is offline Find More Posts by LaurenceGough
Old Jun 22, 2008, 01:35 PM
My planes have left thrust :s
United Kingdom, St Albans
Joined Sep 2005
1,850 Posts
I flew, it was a kite tho
vanepico is offline Find More Posts by vanepico
Old Jun 22, 2008, 02:59 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,262 Posts
Yes and I found I got the post bad crash jitters. All I could get myself to do was hover. Anything more than that and my wallet started burning my butt. As you can see everything is straight.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 22, 2008, 07:02 PM
USA, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Sep 2007
4,066 Posts
Worked on the boat most of the day and got into my first pack and had a front belt pully go haywire on me. Got it down in one peice but not fixed before the rain set in.
P4ddy be careful with that broken glass, it can cut you
JustinMoore12 is offline Find More Posts by JustinMoore12
Old Jun 22, 2008, 07:28 PM
US Navy AT2 1987-1995
Houston Texas
Joined Mar 2008
1,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51
Yes and I found I got the post bad crash jitters. All I could get myself to do was hover. Anything more than that and my wallet started burning my butt. As you can see everything is straight.

i crashed this morning due to a dumb thumbs due to flying in an area too small for a 450 to do FF.

I'm now flying at a nearby soccer field and its much better.

Dont worry Mhills just fix it.. they become like the 6 million dollar man after each crash.. bigger and better than before =D
Im crashing but my repair confidence is growing rapidly.
the 450 is no sweat.
USNAviationjay is offline Find More Posts by USNAviationjay
Old Jun 22, 2008, 08:21 PM
Heli Steve
Ft. Pierce Florida
Joined Dec 2007
866 Posts
got in twelve flights today

Got in my twelve flights today in the See-Dell hotel parking lot here in Marathon Key where I am staying on my business trip. I flew my MX-450 because my esc in my Blade-400 fried a couple of days ago while I was hovering. It took some getting used to the heavyness and lack of power of the MX compared to the Blade. I never thought I would say this but I think I like flying the Blade better now, I guess after 400 flights and maybe 2 on my MX in the last 6 months that is to be expected I had to dial in some negitive expo on the MX just to be able to fly it (man that thing is a slow tank, I love it to death but boy is it slow ) I have a castle creation 35 esc on the way for my Blade-400 and hopefully Tuesday I can get back to flying my Blade and start snapping it around in the air again. My crew went fishing along side of the highway and they said that they needed me to rig up a quick release latch for my heli so I can fly the bait, hook, and line out a couple hundred feet or so out over the water so they don't have to cast If it wasn't salt water I might have considered it but I just dropped $90 on a CC35 esc so I don't want to chance it, besides I'm sure that the game wardon would find some law against it and then I would get my heli confiscated for illegal bait deployment
Steve Klyce is offline Find More Posts by Steve Klyce
Old Jun 22, 2008, 08:24 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,262 Posts
See that's my problem I am not use to crashing. I guess you can call me a control freak. Lets see I can't ride in a car for any kind of distance unless I am driving. YYess I am a control freak.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 22, 2008, 08:27 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Klyce
Got in my twelve flights today in the See-Dell hotel parking lot here in Marathon Key where I am staying on my business trip. I flew my MX-450 because my esc in my Blade-400 fried a couple of days ago while I was hovering. It took some getting used to the heavyness and lack of power of the MX compared to the Blade. I never thought I would say this but I think I like flying the Blade better now, I guess after 400 flights and maybe 2 on my MX in the last 6 months that is to be expected I had to dial in some negitive expo on the MX just to be able to fly it (man that thing is a slow tank, I love it to death but boy is it slow ) I have a castle creation 35 esc on the way for my Blade-400 and hopefully Tuesday I can get back to flying my Blade and start snapping it around in the air again. My crew went fishing along side of the highway and they said that they needed me to rig up a quick release latch for my heli so I can fly the bait, hook, and line out a couple hundred feet or so out over the water so they don't have to cast If it wasn't salt water I might have considered it but I just dropped $90 on a CC35 esc so I don't want to chance it, besides I'm sure that the game wardon would find some law against it and then I would get my heli confiscated for illegal bait deployment

I have the CC35 in my Hoss and Have only flown it once but must say I love it. Came down warm (only hovering) easy to setup if you have the usb cord.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 22, 2008, 08:45 PM
Heli Steve
Ft. Pierce Florida
Joined Dec 2007
866 Posts
castle setup pwm freq. ?

I don't have the set up cord I was going to set it up the hard way, with the transmitter, what pwm frequency should I use on the Blade-400 motor.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 08:49 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,262 Posts
I don't know? I don't have the blade. I take it your going to fly gov. mode. If that is the case you will need trial and error.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 22, 2008, 09:24 PM
Heli Steve
Ft. Pierce Florida
Joined Dec 2007
866 Posts
Castle 35 setup?

Yes I would like to fly in gov mode, it will be a treat from what I am used to, I count 9 poles on the blade motor so I guess I will try the high range first, also should I leave the esc in soft start or should I put it in very soft start? and what about the timing advance? what should I set it at? thanks for the input.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 06:52 AM
My planes have left thrust :s
United Kingdom, St Albans
Joined Sep 2005
1,850 Posts
yeah what does RC govenor mode actually do? I just set my ESC to very soft start incase i hit idle up accidently i also set it to play the tune for 3s li-po i reckon it makes the neighbours laugh i got to fly today! the wind is dying down! speaking of which it has completely gone, im gonna go fly again
vanepico is offline Find More Posts by vanepico
Old Jun 23, 2008, 07:40 AM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Once again I ask, why can't I JUST HAVE TEN MINUTES OF THE DAY TO MYSELF?!?!?

Go over the field, crap day already but flying cheers me up, 3 mins into first lipo it's like the f***ing dog owners day meeting in front of my heli, I MEAN THERE'S A WHOLE F***ING FIELD WHY STAND IN FRONT OF ME??!?! So I disconnect my lipo half way through and go sit down on a bench, which my heli and lipos cradled up next to me incase some crazy ass dog starts biting it or me.

Wait 10 mins and still there, please why do I bother.

I was so close to saying something to them........ Nothing gets me more pi**ed off!!!!
LaurenceGough is offline Find More Posts by LaurenceGough