SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 07, 2010, 05:10 AM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
clicky— thanks for the kind words. Crab-fu told me he likes the MT a lot and that it handles better than a T-rex 450. Once or twice I've thought about getting one but all my spare parts are for the Align machine. I would like a chance to fly one.

Estarter flips and hovers inverted low with everything he has, including a two-cell powered CP2 with a pretty lousy E_sky gyro. It seems to me that the more experience an RC flier has, the less concerned he is with the model heli as long as it is set up fairly well.
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2010, 06:12 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen@lanset.com View Post
clicky— thanks for the kind words. ...

t seems to me that the more experience an RC flier has, the less concerned he is with the model heli as long as it is set up fairly well.
You're welcome - I do agree 100% with all you said...

Anyway - it is well known that some people can fly anything - brick as well...
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Mar 07, 2010, 12:49 PM
Tail-in hover expert ;)
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Aug 2006
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clicky View Post
I second that. But, I've find difference between HK450 and MT: I've been to our 'local field' and flown three helis: hk450, MT and Protos. HK450 was bobbing up and down, was twitchy and generally uncomfortable for handling. MT and Protos were handing the wind far batter. I would be even inclined to say that MT was almost as good as Protos (or maybe it was Protos being much more susceptible due to it's weight unlike some other in the same class?)

Still, mediclavina, - keep MT - you'll find it handing things far better than it seems...

BTW - Listen to Zen - those were really wise words!
Thanks, clicky. I knew the MT should be more stable than typical 450-size helis because of a relatively larger main rotor diameter.
mediclavina is offline Find More Posts by mediclavina
Old Mar 07, 2010, 02:55 PM
dze
Joined Jan 2008
5,917 Posts
Quote:
clicky— thanks for the kind words. Crab-fu told me he likes the MT a lot and that it handles better than a T-rex 450. Once or twice I've thought about getting one but all my spare parts are for the Align machine. I would like a chance to fly one.

Estarter flips and hovers inverted low with everything he has, including a two-cell powered CP2 with a pretty lousy E_sky gyro. It seems to me that the more experience an RC flier has, the less concerned he is with the model heli as long as it is set up fairly well.
i agree with that, im sure there are some helis better than others, even among the SAME heli model and some are actually better, i believe the MT is a good heli, probably a better design than most .. but i have 3 450 V2 style, 3 200 size helis and 2 300 size and most depends on setup, i have my favorite that im more comfortable to fly period, but its all in setup and its not the heli you would expect to be the most 'stable' .. wind bah, whatever your comfortable with on one heli you can fly the rest in the same wind IF they have enough go power that is, cant fly an underpowered machine thats set up with practically no cyclic response in wind thats for sure ... and if one doesnt have orientation down solid then i can understand looking for an edge, then somthing thats alittle slower to react in wind or whatever would be a huge plus ..
dze is offline Find More Posts by dze
Old Mar 07, 2010, 03:17 PM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
MT has slightly larger rotor disk. Maybe that helps?

And I have tested low end 450 clone (with bit of slop) with MT. Both with same batteries, same motor, same HS, same flying style, etc... Still 450 'felt' the wind much more...

mediclavina: head speed plays big role as well. And as already re-iterated many times - distance from the ground! LOL I've today flown in wind and with different batteries (old and new - and hence different HS too). And it was much easier 2-3m high in comparison to 1 foot of the ground!
Old Mar 07, 2010, 03:21 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
He said he dumped it while landing. It has to be a foot up at some point to do that.

We can always hold off until the wind is less fierce, unless the li-po is out of gas and about to go below 3v/cell.
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old Mar 07, 2010, 03:35 PM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Quote:
He said he dumped it while landing. It has to be a foot up at some point to do that.

We can always hold off until the wind is less fierce, unless the li-po is out of gas and about to go below 3v/cell.
Oh, fair enough...

BTW wind today was really good for bit autos with Protos Only one slightly 'faster' landing - too much forward speed == forward flip. Forward flip on the ground! . Luckily autos are, I found so far, far more forgiving than going in head screaming in full speed - autos end up with virtually no energy in blades for them to do much damage anywhere! LOL
Old Mar 07, 2010, 06:48 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,378 Posts
5 paks in my 450s.....it was awsome
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Mar 08, 2010, 02:26 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Exellent, both myself & clicky are both fully signed up members of the Auto club. Brilliant flights today with auto finish. The Logo loves a good auto.
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Old Mar 08, 2010, 02:31 PM
Mildly Confused
UK
Joined Oct 2008
1,481 Posts
Satisfying isn't it. I spent a leisurely afternoon yesterday with my T-Rex 600N with every flight ending in an auto. They're as easy as falling off a log with the 600.

paul
Paul 1968 is offline Find More Posts by Paul 1968
Old Mar 08, 2010, 02:52 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul 1968 View Post
Satisfying isn't it. I spent a leisurely afternoon yesterday with my T-Rex 600N with every flight ending in an auto. They're as easy as falling off a log with the 600.

paul

Ain't they just, I was saying to Technex the other day how there's something extremely satisfying about finishing a flight with a nice auto. It's the perfect end to a good flight. The wind lately gave me the encouragement to start doing them again & now i can
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Old Mar 08, 2010, 03:06 PM
Supra!!!!!!
Las Vegas Nv, USA
Joined Oct 2005
3,098 Posts
Las Vegas funfly in 4 days! LOTS of flying! I mean LOTS! Ill probably do 50-75 flights on saturday! Can't wait!
Speed Stick 3D is offline Find More Posts by Speed Stick 3D
Old Mar 08, 2010, 03:10 PM
Mildly Confused
UK
Joined Oct 2008
1,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Stick 3D View Post
Las Vegas funfly in 4 days! LOTS of flying! I mean LOTS! Ill probably do 50-75 flights on saturday! Can't wait!
I hope the weather is kinder to you than it has been here for us recently. Lovely sunshine yesterday but my god it's been cold.
Paul 1968 is offline Find More Posts by Paul 1968
Old Mar 08, 2010, 03:19 PM
Supra!!!!!!
Las Vegas Nv, USA
Joined Oct 2005
3,098 Posts
Well, The forecast is looking GREAT! Under 10mph wind the whole weekend, 70F as the high.. Im excited, as last year it was 50F and 40mph gusts! That didn't stop us from flying though
Speed Stick 3D is offline Find More Posts by Speed Stick 3D
Old Mar 08, 2010, 04:06 PM
kings lynn, norfolk uk
Joined Sep 2007
597 Posts
ive been flying again today, it was only about 4 degrees with a cold wind, hands were frozen after 2 batteries. had my first go at doing tic tocs today, think more sim practise is needed, cant get the timing right, plus i keep putting a little aileron in accidently.
peter24 is offline Find More Posts by peter24