HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 17, 2008, 09:41 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino CP
That is good. Mastering a lot upright prepares you for any form of bailout when inverted. The piro circuit or piro hover is a good exercise. Thanks to that, I learned inverted without crashing. As a bonus, piro circuits is a prerequisite for piro flips

Excatly after attempting a tic toc & going out to the field thinking todays the day for a flip or loop & bottling it each time i decided to just stick with upright stuff as like you say it will greatly increases your chances of safe recovery. Also you hardly ever see anyone doing a piro circuit & yet it's such a cool manouvre IMO especially when you speed it up plus it sets the way for a piro wall of death & piro flips

P.S that move you ask about on youtube looks even better when you do a complete piro
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 17, 2008, 10:30 AM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
As it turned out, that wasn't the beginnings of a piro flip LOL. It's a different move which I also like. That's the flip where you start tail in then end up inverted tail in too.

For piro flips, I was advised to pause after a level piro ,then execute a backflip. Then do some inverted piro, pause tail in, then do a forward flip. Once I get used to that, then I should execute the flip while piroing. My upright piro circuits second nature should kick in.

I am able to do piroing flips to inverted on the sim but I have yet to do it going back to upright. This is because I can't do piro circuits inverted yet. All in due time.

As for the real heli, I am just into inverted orientations. Circuits should be next.
Gino CP is offline Find More Posts by Gino CP
Old Jun 17, 2008, 12:41 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Inverted circuits, inverted piro circuits!! they're all well within your grasp. I can piro flip on the sim but also cannot piro flip back to upright. But i can do chaos on the sim as i just stir the cyclic but it's the collective management thats hard to keep it steady. That move i can flip from tail in & nose in to nose or tail in inverted then the same to upright but what i would rather be able to do is when you do a kind of mini fig8 like it (see jason krause always do it)
Old Jun 17, 2008, 03:02 PM
My planes have left thrust :s
United Kingdom, St Albans
Joined Sep 2005
1,850 Posts
Too windy to go flying, got my 1/10 drift car out tho it'll go up to 30mph with grip tyres on, and it is brushed electric
vanepico is offline Find More Posts by vanepico
Old Jun 17, 2008, 05:08 PM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
To windy today but I made good progress on my "heli shed" with my dad .
LaurenceGough is offline Find More Posts by LaurenceGough
Old Jun 17, 2008, 05:15 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Heli shed? are you building a home for them?
Old Jun 17, 2008, 05:18 PM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4ddy
Heli shed? are you building a home for them?
No, I wouldn't risk my babies out there, they stay inside along with the lipos .

It's just a work room for all my rc stuff etc. Proper lighting and work benches. I'll be having the 500-700's soon . And the living room table won't do for them!

To many chavs around here, nothing too valuable could be left in :/
LaurenceGough is offline Find More Posts by LaurenceGough
Old Jun 17, 2008, 07:04 PM
My planes have left thrust :s
United Kingdom, St Albans
Joined Sep 2005
1,850 Posts
ooooh its one of dem helicopter fings, lets fly it! ah nah mate i connected da bateri wrong way
vanepico is offline Find More Posts by vanepico
Old Jun 17, 2008, 08:46 PM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
Heli shed, I though they got kicked out of the house
Old Jun 18, 2008, 03:43 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technex
To windy today...
I've managed 5 batteries (actually tried to fly one battery twice ) - and kept it simple - no fancy stuff... Was just checking if tail still holds and since irritated with all the recent mishaps I decided to slow down...

Was windy (a guy I was with had his Raptor 50 with him and was a bit reluctant to fly) - stall turns to wind sometimes ended 5-10m away from the way I started ), but wind wasn't that bad - it didn't make my heli jumping up and down...
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Jun 18, 2008, 04:07 AM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
When wind gets too strong, I just go into a hover with enough distance from the ground. The heli seems to be comfortable in that state. As soon as the wind dies down, I bring her down.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 04:17 AM
Google 'Blade 400 bible'
Joined Nov 2006
2,776 Posts
Tonight was perfect... flew my NEWLY Spektrumized HBFP... was awesome! My Blade 400 is waiting for the BEC and final balancing before I take it out to the park.. but keeping in practice with the FP.
Slyster is offline Find More Posts by Slyster
Old Jun 18, 2008, 08:47 AM
drh
Rhode Island
Joined Aug 2007
223 Posts
Flew Last night

Hello,

I'm more or less new to RC Helis or anything RC that flies for that matter, all I have is a Blade CX2 so far. I hope that qualifies for inclusion here!

I put on the CNC swash, bearing cup, lower rotor head. I also have the boomtown skids and boom, and moved ther servo linkage out 1 hole for forward/reverse. One other mod that I believe made a difference arte the microheli flybar weights. I believe they are a bit lighter than stock and you can move them inward. Next I plan to get a shorter bar.

I waited until about 8:00 PM when most of the wind usually dies down and flew it sitting on my front steps. I flew two batteries worth. It made quite a difference with the linkage moved out, more than I expected. Large circles are pretty smooth as long as you stay ahead of the flybar by continuously inputting yaw. (I'm sure all of you know this already but it was a nice discovery for me when I found I could maintain forward flight as long as I wanted).

Anyway, good times!

I'm seriously thinking of getting the Vapor bind-n-fly when it comes out. i wonder if this does decent outside.

drh
drh is offline Find More Posts by drh
Old Jun 18, 2008, 06:43 PM
USA, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Sep 2007
4,066 Posts
Yes, and im depressed. I flew 5 packs and feel like i took a giant leap backwards. I went from doing pretty good inverted circuts, then crashed. Took a week to get it back up and now i am barely comfortable with figure 8s. Had alot of close calls too...

I went into a big elegant loop and almost forgot i needed to move the stick up to get her upright again. Felt like i was having a heart attack..
JustinMoore12 is offline Find More Posts by JustinMoore12
Old Jun 18, 2008, 07:31 PM
Too dumb to upload an avatar.
On the LIRR somewhere
Joined Jan 2007
2,405 Posts
I'm flying today. From Chicago to NY. Ha. I wonder what size LiPo a 737 uses?
chrise2 is offline Find More Posts by chrise2