HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 16, 2008, 10:06 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technex
Think I might just get one, I've been doing some research and they apparently don't always work on every dog :/. I suppose it's better than nothing until I get myself a car/driving licence.

Never showed you the mad 3Dz I can do with that heli? Sorry... At least you saw me fly my Robins 22 . That surprised ya.

Yea, backwards circuits you show off
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2008, 10:08 AM
My planes have left thrust :s
United Kingdom, St Albans
Joined Sep 2005
1,850 Posts
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...C=SO&U=strat15
vanepico is offline Find More Posts by vanepico
Old Jun 16, 2008, 10:10 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
LOL Nice one. Right i've finished work so i'm off to fly on my way home. bye bye
Old Jun 16, 2008, 10:25 AM
Joined Sep 2005
1,850 Posts
Will that annoy cats? i wouldn't want to do that to a cat or it may rip my head off :s and they are too nice to scare
Old Jun 16, 2008, 11:33 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
I'm home now, flew 2 lipo's & packed up. I wanted to work on my pie dish but it was too windy. I done some basic flying as that's ok in the wind BUT the strength of wind was that of auto practice but the grass is too long to land anywhwere other than the spot which i ripped the grass out from. I just wasn't in the mood either to fly the wind
Old Jun 16, 2008, 01:04 PM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4ddy
I I wanted to work on my pie dish
Out of curiosity - which kind? (nose up/down, inverted or not?)

BTW - I went you today - everything was ideal but my heli! Something is seriously wrong - at moments when main blades are heavily loaded it just loses control over the tail: I did roll just to see it crashing (it didn't - I recovered it - it was high enough but it was all but roll - tail was all over the place). Then back flip pushed tail almost 45 deg to side!!! Then I tried pitch pumping to see how it affects it and in normal mode tail went to the right (expected) for first 3-4 times and then once 20-30deg to the left(!?).

Also acted strangely couple of times in sharper turns in figures of 8 - it would just lose it for a second - it would swing and control would return...

So, I decided that it was not worth crashing it just for fun

Now I need to find out wth is going on...
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Jun 16, 2008, 01:22 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clicky
Out of curiosity - which kind? (nose up/down, inverted or not?)

BTW - I went you today - everything was ideal but my heli!

Inverted I think not Upright tail in centre (nose up tail down) turning anti-clockwise. They're more flat than angled until i get a continous circle going then i'll increase speed & make the circle bigger. I can do inverted nose up tail down (skids in) on the sim near perfect. Went me lol but yours is heli related not thumbs Tail servo playing up? gyro? well those are the usual thoughts. It's not nice having an unsolved issue.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 02:45 PM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Quote:
Upright tail in centre (nose up tail down) turning anti-clockwise. They're more flat than angled until i get a continous circle going then i'll increase speed & make the circle bigger. I can do inverted nose up tail down (skids in) on the sim near perfect. Went me lol but yours is heli related not thumbs
See - I never dared even to try anything like that. Closest I've got to it was nose down (right side up) - which isn't really something. And even then it is nowhere near stationary and proper in any aspect... So - you haven't been wasting your time (plus you and I - we are bit slower to learn in comparison to those teenagers or whereabouts O LOL)

Quote:
Tail servo playing up? gyro? well those are the usual thoughts. It's not nice having an unsolved issue.
Argh - it is even worse - I just do not know where to start with. Theoretically it can be: gyro, servo, esc, receiver, tail shaft, belt, and who knows what else inbetween. And - just to confirm that it isn't I need to replace it with new part and risk crashing (and potentially braking the part) while confirming that new part is not 'the one'. And if I just start with gyro (100), or servo (50-60), it is not cheap. And... NOW - I am at home and weather is nice!
Old Jun 16, 2008, 03:00 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Best to try & eliminate all non replacement (spending cash, remember your other thread ) possibilities which is a total headache. You need to do some ground testing so you can see any abnormalitys up close at full (ish) rpm
Old Jun 16, 2008, 06:04 PM
Joined Sep 2005
1,850 Posts
finally got dad to stop drinking beer so he could drive us to the flying field, put the training U/C on just in case. flew it around a bit doing side in and nose out, definately getting confidence i want a nice long day to learn
Old Jun 16, 2008, 09:38 PM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Did I fly today?

Oh boy, yes I did.

And I flipped a heli for the first time in real life!!!

I flipped it backwards, negative pitch, then flipped it backwards again to get into normal orientation, did this a few times, some times more successful than others

Needless to say, I am one happy pilot right now. I just wish there was a camera/video camera nearby
grovey is offline Find More Posts by grovey
Old Jun 17, 2008, 02:37 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grovey
Did I fly today?

Oh boy, yes I did.

And I flipped a heli for the first time in real life!!!

I flipped it backwards, negative pitch, then flipped it backwards again to get into normal orientation, did this a few times, some times more successful than others

Needless to say, I am one happy pilot right now. I just wish there was a camera/video camera nearby
I still remember the feeling!
Old Jun 17, 2008, 04:07 AM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
Best feeling yet. I remember going to the field having decided to flip first time then postponing. Then one morning I said this is it. So I hover really high, telling myself, what am I getting myself into? Then I go for it, back flip to inverted then back to upright again. Wow! Did that 3 more times and I was so pumped up I ended the flight at 3min he he. I went home smiling having flown just 3 min. But it was the best day in a long while.

Now I can hover inverted and the thrill is getting less and less. Well, until I nail that inverted funnel.
Gino CP is offline Find More Posts by Gino CP
Old Jun 17, 2008, 08:52 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
After my month break i'm back at it all Gino CP stylee. Learning slow & controlled pie dish & backwards flight. Was progressing well last night. Watched your piro circuits on you tube gino, that is where i wana be before my 1st flips.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 08:56 AM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
That is good. Mastering a lot upright prepares you for any form of bailout when inverted. The piro circuit or piro hover is a good exercise. Thanks to that, I learned inverted without crashing. As a bonus, piro circuits is a prerequisite for piro flips
Gino CP is offline Find More Posts by Gino CP