SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 15, 2008, 03:26 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Not a good day clicky eh. I went flying an hour or so ago & coz of the rain earlier the park was pretty empty. My girls went into the park whilst i flew & it went well. Done some relaxed stall turns (not quite up vertical on the turn) so not sure if you can still call them stall turns? Got my circles back, only i'm far better at clockwise than anti clockwise. Attempted backwards flight... Phew it's hard. I can have it nose right hovering in the distance & then go backwards & make an anticlockwise half turn but then i stop & start again. I need to work on the turn going away from myself to make a complete circle.
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 15, 2008, 04:44 PM
"How old are you?"
Brum, U.K.
Joined Feb 2006
544 Posts
i fought the wind today...... four packs this morning at about 8 and another 5 in the afternoon.... The wind makes a 450 a little jumpy but i got it home in 1 piece so its all good

Mike
Brummeh is offline Find More Posts by Brummeh
Old Jun 15, 2008, 09:54 PM
Psurvival = 1/ThArrival
Maryland, USA
Joined Jan 2007
8,577 Posts
I had a great day flying today. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...72#post9963863, posts 3586 and 3587. Mini Titan and Dragonus doing OK, gave the kids a show, and found out my glider would do 45 minutes or more in one pack if I had the stamina for it. What a great time.
osterizer is offline Find More Posts by osterizer
Last edited by osterizer; Jun 15, 2008 at 10:08 PM.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 06:48 AM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
:/....

Sorry, I'm just stick of these dogs. Just went to the field because I thought it looks like a nice day. Got over there and there was no dog walkers, other than one right where I normally take off, so I moved over away from the area.

Next thing I know while taking off that same damn dog has run next to me and picked up my second Kong P lipo on the ground and was just about to pick it up with it's teeth :/. After pushing the damn thing away I noticed the owner was on the phone talking some other language... Checked lipo and it was ok (while looking after heli and TX)... Dunno how I got away with that one...

Put second lipo in my pocket.

Then the owner puts the leesh on the dog (I say thanks, dunno why) and then proceeds to walk in front of me as I'm about to take off, the dog then proceeds to lay a crap down right in the middle of the field, which the owner does nothing of...

Finally, I can now fly!

Got one good pack in, distracted by a few dogs but nothing to bad.

Second lipo gone in. First lipo gone in my pocket!..

Start flying, about 3 mins in another dog starts jumping on my leg and trying to lick my arm, I try to land heli fast. Landed heli while the owner shouts "don't worry he won't do anything" Yeah, heard that before... I shouted it's expensive and I've had already today a dog bite my lipo, and then showed her my canopy with tooth marks, I said I'm sick of it, she walks off. Then it tries running for the heli, so I legged it down to the heli trying to save the blades, tailboom and canopy. Luckily enough I got there about the same time it did as I pushed the damn dog away.

Took the canopy off (I wait until damn dog walks off)

I'm just sick of this... I can't even have 8-9 minutes of my day in peace without some damn dog getting in the way.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking some kinda ultrasonic thing to really piss them off.

Don't know if they're meant to be on leads at the park, I couldn't see no signs :/.

I'm scared of doing inverted stuff because I know if a dog was to push me over (big dog or something) I could never land it in one piece and I could hit someone or myself...
LaurenceGough is offline Find More Posts by LaurenceGough
Old Jun 16, 2008, 07:05 AM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
Stayed grounded today. Too hot in the morning then it rained in the pm LOL. Funny how this thread functions as a flight blog of which ,on an individual basis, nobody really pays much attention. But it is still nice to express our day's activities specially while still enjoying the flight buzz, which for me lasts about 2 hours he he.
Gino CP is offline Find More Posts by Gino CP
Old Jun 16, 2008, 07:57 AM
My planes have left thrust :s
United Kingdom, St Albans
Joined Sep 2005
1,850 Posts
i know... a dog whistle under the prop wash of the rotor!

Just flew out in the garden with the training U/C off, i prefer to put it on when i change something, just in case it flies off to the side
vanepico is offline Find More Posts by vanepico
Old Jun 16, 2008, 07:57 AM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
It's one big blog .

Good idea Vane .
Old Jun 16, 2008, 08:00 AM
Joined Sep 2005
1,850 Posts
Or a frequency modulator to mudulate the exact frequency that scares dogs i hate the creatures, sure they look cute when they are young, but they make twice as much mess as cats and they are more stupid, my cat wouldn't run up to my heli and sniff it if it knew it may get injured, a dog on the other hand...
Old Jun 16, 2008, 08:02 AM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
I know what you mean, I like dogs but not the ones that the owners can't control. I'm a pet lover but I just can't stand stupid owners and little yapping dogs being a pain.

My cat would sit next to me while I hover my helis in the back garden, or even the living room while I was learning. She'll also sit next to me while running the nitro truggy in the back garden! Can't say the same about my other cat, he just stays inside mostly :P.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 08:07 AM
Joined Sep 2005
1,850 Posts
Heres my cat
Old Jun 16, 2008, 08:28 AM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanepico
Heres my cat
Awwww .

Here's one of mine doing what she loves best . (She takes care of the cheap helis!)
Old Jun 16, 2008, 08:30 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
A high frequency alarm thingy in your flight box on full blast would be flipping fantastic. Imagine seeing the dog walkers getting close to the field then seeing there dog refuse to go in & just going mental untill they went away from the field.

Nice cat
Old Jun 16, 2008, 08:32 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Hey you never showed me that one
Old Jun 16, 2008, 08:55 AM
Joined Sep 2005
1,850 Posts
Its really funny, all our expensive li-pos have puffed, all our dirt cheap bargain batteries havent they are still alright tho

I remember, my grandad was down from norfolk for a week so we went flying over nomansland, i started flying my skybug then some people actually came over and layed down a picnic sheet on the strip and actually started having a picnic on the strip right at the end where you come into land
Old Jun 16, 2008, 08:56 AM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Think I might just get one, I've been doing some research and they apparently don't always work on every dog :/. I suppose it's better than nothing until I get myself a car/driving licence.

Never showed you the mad 3Dz I can do with that heli? Sorry... At least you saw me fly my Robins 22 . That surprised ya.