SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 13, 2008, 12:57 AM
USA, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Sep 2007
4,066 Posts
If the ESC is getting too hot just get a CC BEC. Much less than a new esc (unless you pick up like an align 35 on the cheap.
JustinMoore12 is offline Find More Posts by JustinMoore12
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2008, 12:58 AM
Google 'Blade 400 bible'
Joined Nov 2006
2,776 Posts
Yeah I might do that Justin. Can you suggest a good one?
Slyster is offline Find More Posts by Slyster
Old Jun 13, 2008, 01:02 AM
USA, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Sep 2007
4,066 Posts
http://www.castlecreations.com/products/cc_bec.html
CC= castle creations
Anyways, that is what most of the blade guys seem to be using. I had a spare esc laying around that i used. Just make sure the servos are part of your preflight check. Put a little pressure on them while cycling to make sure nothing weird is going on. I only had problems with mine after i repaired them. The gyro works, pretty well i might add. Especially for FF and hovering. Once you get into loops and stuff you will love the 401. But the 401 and the digital servo will only be that much more draw on the esc. Very quick reply btw. :P
Old Jun 13, 2008, 01:09 AM
Google 'Blade 400 bible'
Joined Nov 2006
2,776 Posts
Thanks! I am as addicted to this forum as much as helis... Where did you mount the BEC? Is the CC BEC ez to install? Cools down the ESC? Do you need a programmer... or is it just plug and play?

I love all the abbreviations..
Old Jun 13, 2008, 01:30 AM
USA, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Sep 2007
4,066 Posts
lol.. In my experience Becs dont get that hot. It can be mounted on the side of the frame. Pretty easy to install, there are two ways to do it. Check out BEC 101 at Helifreak and it should awnser ur questions. My stock esc gave out so i just replaced it with a esc that had an existing bec. I would think a good place to mount the stock esc is underneath the frame where it can pick up a bit more air. That would apply more to forward flight i guess though. My 35a esc on my rex gets pretty hot after a hard run, im thinking of getting one myself.
http://helifreak.com/showthread.php?...ec+101&page=12
you need to be registered to view videos though.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 01:46 AM
Google 'Blade 400 bible'
Joined Nov 2006
2,776 Posts
Thanks Justin.. I just added that to my blade400tips.pdf in the sticky!
Old Jun 13, 2008, 03:35 AM
trx
Joined Apr 2008
324 Posts
Slyster,

Sounds like your hooked into this hobby anyway, so keep you gy401 and all the good stuff that you ordered. Later when you decide to buy a new heli, you can use them. After b400 you might want to try a trex. big difference, I fly both.
trx is offline Find More Posts by trx
Old Jun 13, 2008, 06:14 AM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Arghhh, nice flying day today... Had a headache this morning and now it's turned into a full blown throw-up down the sink illness .

I wanted to fly :/. On a brighter note I realised I have everything needed to get my Falcon 3D back up and flying for a bit of slow back garden fun.
LaurenceGough is offline Find More Posts by LaurenceGough
Old Jun 13, 2008, 06:46 AM
My planes have left thrust :s
United Kingdom, St Albans
Joined Sep 2005
1,850 Posts
I just flew my heli out in the garden with my new esc it arrived today, along with dad's 3.7 gram servos
vanepico is offline Find More Posts by vanepico
Old Jun 13, 2008, 07:05 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
I want to fly!
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Jun 13, 2008, 08:42 AM
Joined Sep 2005
1,850 Posts
just flew a pack through it in 5mph winds, then i had to go to school to give my text books back
Old Jun 13, 2008, 09:29 AM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clicky
I want to fly!
So do I.

My heli is not in a state to fly at this point. And this is not an issue brought about by crashing. Just setup issues.
grovey is offline Find More Posts by grovey
Old Jun 13, 2008, 10:56 AM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
I had a go on my Falcon 3D LOL! Felt better after being ill a number of times .

Rebuilt it carefully and just noticed how many millions of spares I still have for it .

Man, the Dragonus is just soooo much better compared to this. Fun nevertheless couldn't get the damn gyro sorted out, tail kept wanting to spin around to nose in and beyond, not fun when you're trying to get used to it in the limited space of your garden again!

Brought a smile to my face, seeing the old canopy and the whole cheapness of it again . I spent months on this thing!

And I now have two CP helis flying .
LaurenceGough is offline Find More Posts by LaurenceGough
Old Jun 13, 2008, 11:20 AM
Joined Sep 2005
1,850 Posts
Anyone know when the old warden model show is?
Old Jun 13, 2008, 12:40 PM
Smoke, Fire, ahh SMIRE!!
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Dec 2007
1,715 Posts
Only two 'test flights' over the last few days; trying to chase down a gremlin in the head of one of my T-Rex's.

Then today I thought I'd solved the problem, and I did find one thing wrong (don't ASSUME that the 'new part' in the bag is ok, I got a feathering shaft that was bent and didn't check it, DUH!); but alas I still have a vibration somewhere in the head. Balanced, rebalanced, different blades, flybar disassembly w/ fresh measurements, etc. It's not as pronounced as it was but... So four flights today, she's still flying okay but not spot on. Oh, and we've got 10-20 mph gusty winds going on too so it's was a bit of an adventure.

My Gaui 550 should arrive Monday, time to start building that one up while I take one of the T-Rex's down (stealing the gryo and probably to be sold).

Happy Flying!
Drew816 is offline Find More Posts by Drew816