HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 12, 2008, 03:14 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
I showed a guy at work (electric rc car racer) my Cellpro & tried explaining how good it was. He just looked at it & me in a VERY sarcastic manner & said "hmmm yes i can really see it's a good quality well made charger" He thinks coz it's not got a lot of buttons & has a fully enclosed body that it's absolutley bottom of the bargain bin cheap crap! Do car drivers not understand ? is it a heli thing? He is a Kn@b though.
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 12, 2008, 03:23 PM
My planes have left thrust :s
United Kingdom, St Albans
Joined Sep 2005
1,850 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4ddy
My 1st stall turn was flying in the New forest but i don't do them often
I've been camping in the new forest only rc model i took tho was a piccoz and two x-twins, oh and my hirobo lama but that wouldn't fly in the wind we also went on a walk around the forest

I did rc drifting a while ago and they actually have the contacts of the cells in their battery packs open . Lipos aren't worth it in a car, one crash and boom! brushless motors have only really been introduced recently. i have always liked rc cars but always had heatshrink over our battery contacts . I do all types of rc, i have about 11 planes, three helis, three cars and two boats haven't got a sub yet
vanepico is offline Find More Posts by vanepico
Old Jun 12, 2008, 03:30 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
There's a proper flying field there with a proper disused runway but it's mostly planes & all stereotype rc plane flyers. Having said that i haven't spoken to them but watched for a bit & no one had 2.4ghz
Old Jun 12, 2008, 03:32 PM
Joined Sep 2005
1,850 Posts
thats so last year
Old Jun 12, 2008, 03:34 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanepico
thats so last year

late last year yes, so no excuses for any of them.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 03:34 PM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4ddy
I showed a guy at work (electric rc car racer) my Cellpro & tried explaining how good it was. He just looked at it & me in a VERY sarcastic manner & said "hmmm yes i can really see it's a good quality well made charger" He thinks coz it's not got a lot of buttons & has a fully enclosed body that it's absolutley bottom of the bargain bin cheap crap! Do car drivers not understand ? is it a heli thing? He is a Kn@b though.
Classic fool.

KISS
LaurenceGough is offline Find More Posts by LaurenceGough
Old Jun 12, 2008, 04:39 PM
Joined Sep 2005
1,850 Posts
There are atleast two runways aren't there? the campsite is situated on the old taxi ways, perfect for the x-twins

You should race his cars against your heli
Old Jun 12, 2008, 05:01 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
This is the one i was refering to. This is a great google earth image because you can see the HUGE planes behind the cars & the shadow of one flying & you can see the guy flying it too.

I've just got back from flying at my field again. Only 1 & 1/2 lipo's coz the bugs were going mad. More stall turns & one circle.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 06:05 PM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Flying at 9/10PM? I would never do that :P.

I'm thinking about making my Falcon 3D a back garden flyer just needs a servo, AR6100 and a new landing skid. Having bad luck with the damn picoo z's..... :P

Searching through local club and they all look like old folk plane crap.

Thinking about starting my own little free website up to get some more fliers down my local field, even though it's public. You never know...
LaurenceGough is offline Find More Posts by LaurenceGough
Old Jun 12, 2008, 07:06 PM
Joined Sep 2005
1,850 Posts
i think we are talking about different new forests
Old Jun 13, 2008, 01:05 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
There's only 1 New Forest & it is MASSIVE (roughly around 354 square miles). There is another dissused airfield in a part on the way to bourmouth
Last edited by p4ddy; Jun 13, 2008 at 01:14 AM.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 01:19 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technex
Flying at 9/10PM? I would never do that :P.

Why not? it was daylight but a little dull because of the dark clouds. My canopy is bright enough so seeing it was not a problem & the weather is so calm in the evening. I wont fly if the sun is setting.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 01:30 AM
Google 'Blade 400 bible'
Joined Nov 2006
2,776 Posts
I flew today.. my first time ever flying my B400 outside.. just hovering in the driveway as I get used to the stock settings on this new heli... after a few more batteries I will start playing around with curves and gains etc. Nice heli! But sad what I read about the cheap parts. I already have (in waiting) new quality servos and a GY401 gyro.. and now I am learning I might need to upgrade the ESC.
Slyster is offline Find More Posts by Slyster
Old Jun 13, 2008, 01:46 AM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
If you are in the hovering stage, I can't see how these upgrades will make any difference to you.
Gino CP is offline Find More Posts by Gino CP
Old Jun 13, 2008, 01:51 AM
Google 'Blade 400 bible'
Joined Nov 2006
2,776 Posts
I see that too. That's why I am using the heli stock only for now... and in the future (as I strip servos etc)... then I'll install the new stuff. If I find the stock gyro is just fine.. I'll sell my NIB GY401.

I am just in the hovering stages because I am new to this heli.. I am into FFF and such with my HBFP.. so it won't take me long for the B400 to catch up.
Slyster is offline Find More Posts by Slyster