to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2009, 02:27 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4ddy
Nope, it's out again? & vibrating again. I'm about to take a sledge hammer to the bloody thing & buy a HB FP instead
Did you spin the main shaft without the head on it, then put just the head block on and spin it again? That is how to absolutely identify the source of vibration. Build the head bit by bit and spin test each phase.
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old Oct 03, 2009, 05:56 PM
Hotep
UK
Joined Dec 2005
2,395 Posts
Dimon1, yes the Align paddles suck if u want fast cyclic, dont know if they've changed in the last yr since i used them.
The green Thunder Tiger paddles are Ace , highly recommended.

P4ddy, so the paddy problem is still haunting u back & forth... Shame.. Me still thinks a new metal one will fix it, get one and try it, u need one anyways so...
http://www.blinktrading-online.co.uk...ue-p-2556.html do that then we can work from there IF its still there.

As well as using that Graff33 did u also have an anti ESD mod also ? think u did but not sure, but u shouldn't have got\getting hits with those mods, i think logo 500 possy are doing two mods, maybe u need to do the other one also.
With my logo i didn't have any ESD probs in over 400 flights, then had a series of hits to which i didn't know what the cause was and since grounding my boom to the -ive on my RX lipo pack its been fine. Have u tested the logo out yet ?

Any uk possy fly in todays crazy winds ?

Peace
ShuNut is offline Find More Posts by ShuNut
Old Oct 03, 2009, 06:03 PM
Supra!!!!!!
Las Vegas Nv, USA
Joined Oct 2005
3,098 Posts
I recommend Stubz they are 3.2 Grams each! The lightest paddles on the market!
Speed Stick 3D is offline Find More Posts by Speed Stick 3D
Old Oct 03, 2009, 06:43 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,097 Posts
Great news guys!! I powered up the electrics in my SA today. (You know from the tree) and everything works. The futaba 617 fasst RX all HB servos + the digital tail and even the gyro.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 03, 2009, 06:55 PM
Supra!!!!!!
Las Vegas Nv, USA
Joined Oct 2005
3,098 Posts
Great to hear!
Speed Stick 3D is offline Find More Posts by Speed Stick 3D
Old Oct 03, 2009, 07:59 PM
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
mhills51 we certainly hope that the heli has learned to stay out of the tree! Really glad to know your airframe and electronics are serviceable.
Old Oct 03, 2009, 08:14 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,097 Posts
Thanks all! I am waiting for the flybar cage and some new main bearings. (they were rusted and grainy). All the head parts are gray, but the new flybar cage will be blue because I couldn't turn down a set for $13
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2009, 02:33 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51
Great news guys!! I powered up the electrics in my SA today. (You know from the tree) and everything works. The futaba 617 fasst RX all HB servos + the digital tail and even the gyro.
Pity you didn't start new thread - but is it great to hear everything (important/expensive) survived. BTW - what happened (at the end) with the battery? Did you tried to revive it after all?
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Oct 04, 2009, 06:11 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
When i turn pro i'll use Stubz.

Well i put a plastic washout & plastic mixing arms, & moved the pins on the head a smidge as there was some play where they slide into the washout base. I tested with my new OR pack & it was traking spot on & had no vibes either. I'm going out to tic toc & flip it etc in a bit & see if it holds up through 5 packs.

On my Logo i have earthed the boom to the motor mount, & from the motor mount to the esc neg. I also use Graphit 33 & also it has the anti static tail upgrade.
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Old Oct 04, 2009, 06:34 AM
Gaui/TopFuel/KBDD
Belgium
Joined Apr 2008
497 Posts
New K&B paddles are the killers :O The heli flies like w/ flybarless. I'll take them for my dragonus
helipr0 is offline Find More Posts by helipr0
Old Oct 04, 2009, 11:59 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Went to the field & it was vibrating again more than an old spinsters rampant rabbit.

I 'think' i found the problem (yea how many times have i said that )

I came home & found a screw missing from the top bearing block God knows how i missed that Well i replaced it & it ran very smooth. Just need to wait & see if it's STILL smooth running tomorow.
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Old Oct 04, 2009, 12:37 PM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
I mentioned and checked all the upper bearing block screws last time I looked over it (when it was vibrating) and they were all there.

6 flights today.

Upgraded the tail to the Trex Pro hub and grips from the SE v2 tail hub and grips, looks better but I'll see how it performs in the week sometime.
LaurenceGough is offline Find More Posts by LaurenceGough
Old Oct 04, 2009, 03:49 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,365 Posts
Well, flew quite a bit today, I had my first glitch on a spektrum 2.4 GHz AR6100 and DX7, my Axe CPV3 had a big hickup...reminded me of when it was 72 MHz, only happened once...

Flew a couple of paks in my HB King II, I think the gyro blew out when I was bringing her back to me tail in... not sure what to think, I landed in the tall grass, everything looked good I flew around, hovering at first, then flew around, no problems, makes me wonder about that 704B gyro.

Flew my Parkzone Sukhoi and P-51...VERY COOL airplanes

Then, finally, my frist true maiden flight of my HK450, I've flown like 4 batteries over the past three weeks, 1st issue was the belt drive gear slipping, apparently a common occurance Then my KA400H motor seemed to have serious problems. Finally replaced it with one of these:
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=8616

with this ESC:
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=9299

Both a only slightly warm to the touch after 8 minutes of continious flight

The HK-450 Flies!!!!!....I LOVE THIS THING!!!!
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Oct 04, 2009, 04:03 PM
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4ddy
I came home & found a screw missing from the top bearing block God knows how i missed that Well i replaced it & it ran very smooth. Just need to wait & see if it's STILL smooth running tomorow.
I hope that is it. An easy fix.

Five batteries through the Trex 450. I'll do some more if the wind gives me a break.