3 flights this morning on my HK450!

JohnVH is offline Find More Posts by JohnVH
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2009, 10:25 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Nice photo John. Is that Mt. Hood in the background?
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old Sep 26, 2009, 10:25 PM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,952 Posts
Thanks, that is Mt. Baker
JohnVH is offline Find More Posts by JohnVH
Old Sep 27, 2009, 01:00 PM
My planes have left thrust :s
United Kingdom, St Albans
Joined Sep 2005
1,850 Posts
I have tried everything to get rid of vibrations to no avail
vanepico is offline Find More Posts by vanepico
Old Sep 27, 2009, 01:49 PM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
5 Awesome flights with my Dragonus! Great day! Trying lots of new things still.

Dan crashed his heli though which sucks Something went wrong in flight and he tried to land it really far away, tipped with full rotor speed .
LaurenceGough is offline Find More Posts by LaurenceGough
Old Sep 27, 2009, 02:16 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technex
5 Awesome flights with my Dragonus! Great day! Trying lots of new things still.

Dan crashed his heli though which sucks Something went wrong in flight and he tried to land it really far away, tipped with full rotor speed .

Didn't hit Thro Hold before touch down then eh? I was going to fly my Airwolf but we went & got a new Canon all in one printer from jessops. The 1st pic printed was of Wolfy
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Old Sep 27, 2009, 02:36 PM
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanepico
I have tried everything to get rid of vibrations to no avail
One approach is to take off the head and spin just the motor, main shaft and tail drive. After that mount just the main rotor head block and see if any off-center wobble exists. Then build the head as accurately as possible with the fly bar exactly centered and spin that. Then add fly bar paddles. Finally balance and install the main blades.

Oh yes, flying today. I haven't been flying the last few days and so felt tentative about inverted hovers. Did some but it kept rising as I over-used negative collective. Hot today. The motor was cooking so I stopped after two batteries and will get more air time later. Oddly, one side of the rotor disk gets slightly out of track while the other stays in. I can dial it with the turnbuckle long pitch link. I have measured and adjusted links from the washout arms to the fly bar control frame again and again but can't get it perfect. Flies okay though....
Last edited by zen@lanset.com; Sep 27, 2009 at 03:05 PM.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 03:16 PM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Flew 4g6, 450 and 500 size helis... Crashed two and continued flying them anyway! LOL.

Stripped part of MT gears (piroed continuously for 3:30 minutes and wanted to add another 30 secs and somehow it got dizzy - LOL and went in on a slow HS while having virtually not altitude... LOL) - got up again (with tiny vibrations which I decided to ignore) switch to idle up 2 and side tictoced for the longest time so far (10-ish at the time!) until main gear started losing more and more teeth - (known sound) so decided to slow down and prevent it from dropping from the skys only for me pushing it too hard . Anyway - since I have already stripped gears (to the extend) and probably bent main shaft a bit, decided that if it goes in anyway it would be destiny I cannot prevent so decided to go and try practicing things (in upright, no idle up crazy HS) I was afraid I can crash trying so. So... Flew backward CW circles! Quite a few of them until realised that forgot to switch the timer on! LOL

Rest of the day flew Protos. And enjoyed it slowness in virtually windless day. Flew inverted a battery, tried tic tocs and everything else I could think I can do...

Really nice day for flying eh...
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Sep 27, 2009, 03:21 PM
Joined Sep 2005
1,850 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4ddy
Didn't hit Thro Hold before touch down then eh? I was going to fly my Airwolf but we went & got a new Canon all in one printer from jessops. The 1st pic printed was of Wolfy
they are those ones that if one ink runs out you have to throw the whole cartridge away aren't they

I think this is the closest i am gonna get with an Esky ship, it wasn't really vibrations, i forgot to mention it was vibrations on the camera (
My first onboard RC helicopter video, I'm starting to get good!!! (7 min 24 sec)
)

I tried loosening the blades and also i balanced them, not really visible vibrations its just the flycam gets thrown around a lot!
Old Sep 27, 2009, 04:55 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,788 Posts
I got my heli back!!!! and when it came down it landed head up like in the pic. I took a golf ball and drilled a hole in it for a string. After snagging the limb I shook the hell out of it.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 27, 2009, 04:57 PM
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51
I got my heli back!!!! ...
Good job. Hell, great job! The li-po's toast, but so what?
Old Sep 27, 2009, 05:03 PM
Joined Sep 2005
1,850 Posts
The lipo isn't neccessarily toast, there have been cases where if the lipo has been discharged slowly (i.e just having receiver on) you can charge them partly with a nimh charger then when they are above the save bottom for lipos you swap over to a lipo charger, although excercise extreme caution doing this, that is ofcourse if the lipo is over discharged to begin with
Old Sep 27, 2009, 05:36 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,788 Posts
And it was full of water
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 27, 2009, 07:39 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51
And it was full of water
i was just going to ask if it got rained on.
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Sep 27, 2009, 09:24 PM
Georgia, USA
Joined Jan 2008
3,770 Posts
My buddy forgot to turn a lipo receiver pack off in a plane from last Sunday till yesterday. He put it it on a 1/2 amp charge on his CellPro 10S and it took 104% rated capacity and seems to be fine.

I bought another plane today. Ive lost my mind. I have more planes than I can count already..They have just been sitting for years.

inally got 2 flights on the Logo, 3 on the Outrage, 2 on the E-620 and 2 on my Beam and 6 or 7 on the mSR. It was windy but otherwise a beautiful day...for a change.
jamesppp is offline Find More Posts by jamesppp