I'd better get better before the fun fly or i'm gona look a complete berk
Don't you dare take that, thats my job
vanepico is online now Find More Posts by vanepico
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 11, 2008, 07:28 PM
USA, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Sep 2007
4,066 Posts
Oh man.. Im so mad at myself. I was cruisin around this evening about sunset. Bringing it around from a loop i did going away from myself. I got it in nose in and a gust of wind hit it, panic = lawn dart. Not my new SA... i thought i was past this man!
JustinMoore12 is offline Find More Posts by JustinMoore12
Old Jun 11, 2008, 11:07 PM
Heli Steve
Ft. Pierce Florida
Joined Dec 2007
866 Posts
No lights for now

I put some of those flexible neon light tubes on the tail and landing gear on my Blade-400 today and tried flying at night and I must say that it looks easier in the videos. I almost flew into myself at chest level. I got off the ground and before I knew it, the heli was coming at me very quickly, I couldn't tell what it was doing until it had already picked up significant speed then when I went to land it I was about a foot higher than I thought and that made for a slightly rougher landing. Also changed out my tail bearings and tail idler pulley yesterday because they were getting rough and warm as they have about 500 flights on them and one crash, I put the boca bearing green seals in the tail and I picked up a minute of hover time. Now I need to rebuild my motor because the bearings are starting to show signs of wear also (never thought I would see the day I actually wore parts out instead of breaking them in a crash!) I can't wait to get my E-550 A123 Raptor finished!! Until then it will be my Blade-400 and my Raptor-30 Well happy flying!
Steve Klyce is offline Find More Posts by Steve Klyce
Old Jun 12, 2008, 06:06 AM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Rain, rain and wind...................
LaurenceGough is offline Find More Posts by LaurenceGough
Old Jun 12, 2008, 06:48 AM
My planes have left thrust :s
United Kingdom, St Albans
Joined Sep 2005
1,850 Posts
... two free ar6100 receivers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it finally arrived, too bad the weather has gone off
Old Jun 12, 2008, 06:51 AM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanepico
... two free ar6100 receivers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it finally arrived, too bad the weather has gone off
Woohoo, glad you got them mate, glitch free now .

Yeah weather sucks, not even going to risk it for a fly. BBC say there's going to be rain 'till Monday........
Old Jun 12, 2008, 06:55 AM
trex 500esp msh protos
south west uk
Joined Apr 2008
1,391 Posts
weather is rubbish in cornwall too,no rain but plenty of wind
henryd123 is offline Find More Posts by henryd123
Old Jun 12, 2008, 08:12 AM
Joined Sep 2005
1,850 Posts
I feel like going out side then cutting all the trees down i can see
Old Jun 12, 2008, 11:02 AM
Joined Sep 2005
1,850 Posts
good news, i can use my old esc till my new one comes, it only interfered with 35mhz, but the weather wont be good till i get it by the sounds of it
Old Jun 12, 2008, 12:33 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Lovely sunshine in southampton all day & even now. It's windy but that's ok as a wind is ideal for auto practice. Well as i said it's been sunny all day (even in pompy & chichester where i was today) until i went flying. Well as you know i've been flying really badly lately but today after work i went past my usual field to see if the grass had been cut yet (a foot long). Well it hadn't but it was empty & i like flying there, so i ripped out myself a heli pad & flew. Now i flew so much better today & i think it's to do with being in a field which i can relax & i was flying high with hard banked turns & even managed a stall turn. So just as i'm getting my flying thumbs back it starts to flippin rain & i make a dash for the van & head home after only half a lipo's worth. Guess what........ got half way home & the sun came out again & it's been out since AAAAAARRRRRGGGGG!!!!!!!! I now have to go & peel spuds & veg & put two steak & mushroom pies in the oven "hmmmmm Pie"
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Old Jun 12, 2008, 12:35 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Oh & i know the wind direction of that field & it always comes from the same direction
Old Jun 12, 2008, 12:56 PM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Whooohoo, getting back into the swing of it then Paddy .

Stall turns is the step into 3D .
Old Jun 12, 2008, 01:08 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technex
Whooohoo, getting back into the swing of it then Paddy .

Stall turns is the step into 3D .

Yea, i was able to do stall turns before my time off. I was intending (when i 1st tried them) to do a loop or flip but bottled it & just turned it so became a stall turn. My 1st stall turn was flying in the New forest but i don't do them often, only when i'm feeling adventurous Hey you've seen me start a flip but bottle it way too soon
Old Jun 12, 2008, 01:11 PM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
No matter how strangely that sounds but familiar surrounding really helps!

And - autos! See - I do not dare to even try them and you can perform them so easily... There is still hope for you!
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Jun 12, 2008, 01:30 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clicky
No matter how strangely that sounds but familiar surrounding really helps!

And - autos! See - I do not dare to even try them and you can perform them so easily... There is still hope for you!

Not quite, i was progressing rather steadily with them before my gap month & i was increesing height every day. I have tried a couple lately but i only got about 4ft (that's how bad). I need to put the heliup struts off my other one on it because the standard white ones have no flex & the landings get too bouncy. The Heliup ones have a wider & lower stance.