Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 25, 2009, 08:57 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,875 Posts
What kills me the most is the loss of my Kong pack that only had 3 charges on it and possibly the Futaba fasst rx.
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2009, 09:12 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51
Problem is the tree is 200ft back from the street and it's 75ft up. The neighbors who's tree it is thinks they can get it with a 22ft ladder and a long pole. We will see tomorrow. Should make for some good pics.

that would be a 53 ft long pole

pics would be cool !!
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Sep 25, 2009, 09:17 PM
Georgia, USA
Joined Jan 2008
3,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51
Problem is the tree is 200ft back from the street and it's 75ft up. The neighbors who's tree it is thinks they can get it with a 22ft ladder and a long pole. We will see tomorrow. Should make for some good pics.

Your going to think Im kidding but the following method has extracted a couple of planes in the past with out further damage. A 12ga. shot gun with a full choke and #6 shot is a handy tree extraction tool.

Of course you dont shoot the heli, but a well placed shot below the heli may dislodge it and if not, another above or on the offending limb will get it down. You can sever a pretty good sized limb cleanly if you can shoot.

You can also use a small recurve bow with a piece of braided dacron line thru the hole in a 3 dollar fiberglass fishing arrow to get a line around the limbs. Then if necessary tie a larger piece of rope to the line and pull it over and back down so that you have a loop over the limbs.
jamesppp is offline Find More Posts by jamesppp
Old Sep 25, 2009, 09:30 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,875 Posts
I like your thinking!!
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 25, 2009, 09:59 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesppp
... A 12ga. shot gun with a full choke and #6 shot is a handy tree extraction tool. ...
Them Georgia boys is tough RC-ers!
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old Sep 26, 2009, 03:09 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,987 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesppp
You can also use a small recurve bow with a piece of braided dacron line thru the hole in a 3 dollar fiberglass fishing arrow to get a line around the limbs. Then if necessary tie a larger piece of rope to the line and pull it over and back down so that you have a loop over the limbs.

Just like phillip thingy who tight roped across the twin towers.
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Old Sep 26, 2009, 03:17 AM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
More like did you swim today. Manila is under water. Terrible floods. Two of my rooms are wet from the saturated ground. All the stuff are up in the living room. What a workout. My wifi cable is dangling over puddles and rigged up nicely he he.
Gino CP is offline Find More Posts by Gino CP
Old Sep 26, 2009, 03:30 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Just got three flights through 4g6 in my garden!

No wind (strange) and it is very stable (but too fast as well) - clocked already 20-ish flights and maybe, when get to bigger field will be able to try inverted (again) - LOL
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Sep 26, 2009, 04:05 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,987 Posts
Yea it's been the best weather we've had in the uk all year. No wind all week since last weekend. I'm going to fly Airwolf again today.

Hey Gino you need to put some floats on the skids of your CopterX
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Old Sep 26, 2009, 04:24 AM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
Oh the helis were the first to be moved LOL. Rooms are drying up now. Well til the rain comes again. I hope not.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 09:14 AM
Georgia, USA
Joined Jan 2008
3,762 Posts
[QUOTE=Gino CP]Oh the helis were the first to be moved LOL. Rooms are drying up now. Well til the rain comes again. I hope not.[/QU

Gino, where i live there has never been a flood in recorded history.

Monday, at work, I had to leave early and within a hour my office was flooded. We got 12" of rain in a 26 hour period and the ground was aready saturated.

Thank goodness my home did'nt flood. I am 80' feet higher than the elevation of my office.

Sorry to hear your home was damaged. I know you are in for a lot of hard work.This year, we were had a rainfall deficiet of 2-3" before last week.The weather has been so good for flying all year that I didnt miss many days due to it.

We didnt have anymore rain after Tuesday morning but it just started raining a few minutes ago with 2" predicted.

Me and my buddy are going to ride into Atlanta and go to a couple of hobby shops to see what we can find. Can't fly, might as well buy
jamesppp is offline Find More Posts by jamesppp
Old Sep 26, 2009, 10:52 AM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
I'm relatively ok. My in-laws had it bad. Sis in-law's house completely submerged. Two cars totaled. Mother in-law's house had knee deep water on the first floor. They sought refuge here. Nothing but shirts on their backs. Terrible.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 11:00 AM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
4 flights in, good fun! Nice day but field was totally full with massive football game so had to fly in a real small area which sucked, doesn't effect me liked it used to though!
LaurenceGough is offline Find More Posts by LaurenceGough
Old Sep 26, 2009, 11:39 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
3 more of 4g6 in the garden! - managed tight circuits and even 3-4 piros (CW only though) at once! Flying 4g6 is so hard... I feel like I've gone backward with my skills - even up to 1 or 1.5 back! But - with weather like this (and now 3!!! batteries... LOL) I'm going to catch up. Not sure, though, that I would get brave enough to flip it in the garden. Yet. Need more spares to boost my confidence - LOL
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Sep 26, 2009, 12:57 PM
User Extraordinaire
Davao, Philippines
Joined Apr 2007
1,041 Posts
Manila is getting terrible rainfall, hope things turn out ok when the water clears.

I wish it would rain here. I miss the smell of rain.
batusaix is offline Find More Posts by batusaix