HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 21, 2009, 11:19 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoodcox
Both are fixed, didn't finish that write up I promised for work....should only take about an hour...it's going to be a long night
At least you have your priorities straight. Just think: if you did the write-up first you might not have had anything to fly tomorrow morning!
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2009, 11:56 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen@lanset.com
At least you have your priorities straight. Just think: if you did the write-up first you might not have had anything to fly tomorrow morning!
Yeah, I'm addicted got my draft report done, enough to send it out
I haven't missed a 1st thing in the AM flight in I don't know how long
Tomorrow I think I'll keep it pretty basic
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Sep 22, 2009, 02:34 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
I'm determined to be productive this morning and am not doing badly. Of course I 'had' to try out a new flying field earlier. It turned out to be larger than I thought. A good alternative for morning inverted practice.
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old Sep 22, 2009, 02:49 PM
DRAGONUS
Cardiff, Wales, UK
Joined Jan 2006
1,150 Posts
Just got 4 batts in the Dragonus tonight nice slow circuits left and right and my first ever nose in!!!! Finally grew the balls to flick that tail and just damn well hold it there!!!

(only managed it for about 10 - 15 seconds at a time but it's still a big step for me!)

loverly jubbly really happy with draggy it fly's so nice

Butuz
Butuz is offline Find More Posts by Butuz
Last edited by Butuz; Sep 22, 2009 at 03:11 PM.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 02:53 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
I've switched out the metal seesaw in rex#2 for the plastic one in wolfy to try & eliminate the cause of my bad traking. I also found the cause of my sudden VERY bad vibes in #2, a very very slight bend in the main shaft. I have absolutely no idea how that got bent??? I put a new one in but that was my last one.
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Old Sep 22, 2009, 03:22 PM
Georgia, USA
Joined Jan 2008
3,770 Posts
I didnt have to go in to work because my office was flooded from a freak flood we had in Georgia yesterday. My office is right on the river.
Today is lovely, sunny, 80f with a light breeze and Ive been figuring out the programming on this Spektrum radio I got yesterday.

Ive bound my mighty mSR to it and set it up w/ 2 flight modes. It sure felt foriegn at first but Im getting a good feel for it now

I didnt have to do anythig with the gyro using Gear channel and calculating true gain...I just added -50% expo to the rudder channel

Im about to bind my little Ember 2plane to it so I can get in 20-30minutes of airtime late this evening with it in smooth air.

I have been using a2500mah lipo in my Futaba Tx for over a year but I bought a Hyperion G-3 LiFeP04 3S 2100 Tx pack for it . Now if I leave the switch on it wont destroy the battery, the low voltage alarm will buzz before it is over discharged and the new pack has a chip in it so I can use the stock wall charger now if I want or put a high rate 215-20 min charge on it with my Cellpro 10S.

This is a very versitle pack.

Looks like the Lipo will fit the new DX-7 but the manual says NO...all manuals probably say no...Ill have it around for emergency purposes anyway
jamesppp is offline Find More Posts by jamesppp
Old Sep 22, 2009, 09:57 PM
Hotep
UK
Joined Dec 2005
2,395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butuz
Hehe cheers dude. Yeh I have managed to get about 5 or 6 flights in since last week and I am getting more confident with every flight. Just had another flight after tea just before it got too dark. Not so scared of turning the tail side on both orientations now!!

I've just fitted a Scorpion Commander ESC to the Draggynous and the extra 0.7 volt kick seems to have perked up my cheapo servos and the proper 20 second soft start is sooooo smooth.

Still having trouble deciding what to do with the dragonus, upgrade all the electronics in it, or keep it as it is and save for a bigger heli. Problem is the more I fiddle with the dragonus the better it fly's each little upgrade at a time. I've got the metal swash on and coupled with the extra servo performance the birst seems reaaaaaly smooth now.

The photo looks like it was going fast buit I don't think it was doing much more than 10mph

Butuz
Thats great to hear Butuz, keep it up , i think being around more heli flyer did you good, its the same for me, whenever i see pilots who fly better that me it gives me inspiration to do more. Thats why i'm going to the 3D champ this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4ddy
I've switched out the metal seesaw in rex#2 for the plastic one in wolfy to try & eliminate the cause of my bad traking. I also found the cause of my sudden VERY bad vibes in #2, a very very slight bend in the main shaft. I have absolutely no idea how that got bent??? I put a new one in but that was my last one.
I'm still unsure of whats going on with your "P4ddy" problem, when you mentioned u fixed it the other day and said thx u didn't say u did what i recommend but fixed it by taking off some of the anodizing or something so i thought you fixed it that way and not my suggestion. Then after a few days you mentioned its all gone to pot, bad vibes and tracking off yet again. so i'm confused as to if the p4ddy prob is fixed or not and how many helis u have this prob on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesppp
I didnt have to go in to work because my office was flooded from a freak flood we had in Georgia yesterday. My office is right on the river.
Today is lovely, sunny, 80f with a light breeze and Ive been figuring out the programming on this Spektrum radio I got yesterday.

Ive bound my mighty mSR to it and set it up w/ 2 flight modes. It sure felt foriegn at first but Im getting a good feel for it now

I didnt have to do anythig with the gyro using Gear channel and calculating true gain...I just added -50% expo to the rudder channel

Im about to bind my little Ember 2plane to it so I can get in 20-30minutes of airtime late this evening with it in smooth air.

I have been using a2500mah lipo in my Futaba Tx for over a year but I bought a Hyperion G-3 LiFeP04 3S 2100 Tx pack for it . Now if I leave the switch on it wont destroy the battery, the low voltage alarm will buzz before it is over discharged and the new pack has a chip in it so I can use the stock wall charger now if I want or put a high rate 215-20 min charge on it with my Cellpro 10S.

This is a very versitle pack.

Looks like the Lipo will fit the new DX-7 but the manual says NO...all manuals probably say no...Ill have it around for emergency purposes anyway
Which Spetkrum did you get and what model Futaba was you old TX ?
"mighty mSR" LoL, Love it.
And when you gonna show us some vids of your flying ?
ShuNut is offline Find More Posts by ShuNut
Old Sep 22, 2009, 10:42 PM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
Very funny ad. So true.
Gino CP is offline Find More Posts by Gino CP
Old Sep 23, 2009, 03:53 AM
Supra!!!!!!
Las Vegas Nv, USA
Joined Oct 2005
3,098 Posts
My heli wall is growing
Speed Stick 3D is offline Find More Posts by Speed Stick 3D
Old Sep 23, 2009, 07:31 AM
Georgia, USA
Joined Jan 2008
3,770 Posts
Shunut,

I got a DX-7 for the Bind and Fly stuff

I use a Futaba 7C Faast for my helis w/ 617 receivers..

Ill post some vids when I get some. Im going to a fun fly next month. Im not much of an exhibitionist.You want to see me crash?? Im goood at that.

Jimmy
jamesppp is offline Find More Posts by jamesppp
Last edited by jamesppp; Sep 23, 2009 at 07:37 AM.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 11:41 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuNut
I'm still unsure of whats going on with your "P4ddy" problem, when you mentioned u fixed it the other day and said thx u didn't say u did what i recommend but fixed it by taking off some of the anodizing or something so i thought you fixed it that way and not my suggestion. Then after a few days you mentioned its all gone to pot, bad vibes and tracking off yet again. so i'm confused as to if the p4ddy prob is fixed or not and how many helis u have this prob on.

I tried getting them brass sleaves out but could'nt. I also could'nt find any suitable bearings to use. I then found that i had actually backed off the screws a teeny bit when putting them on to free the seesaw, and as you found it had too much play. Well i then got off the rest of the anodising & i was able to do the screws up tight & when i test flew it the traking was bang on for 2 packs of pitch pumping in idle 2.

The next day it was out again & i then started getting vibration aswell. The vibration has been slowly getting worse. I found yesterday the main shaft had a slight bend in it so i replaced it. I also put the plastic seesaw from my Airwolf on it. I test flew it today & the traking was out again & the vibes were even worse??. I'm going to check the feathering shaft even though i have not crashed with it but if the main got mysteriously bent then maybe the fs has also.

BTW the belt snapped today but i was only 2ft up & hit hold & piroed into long grass with no damage.

I also put 5 packs through my Airwolf so i'm a happy chappy.
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Old Sep 23, 2009, 11:46 AM
DRAGONUS
Cardiff, Wales, UK
Joined Jan 2006
1,150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuNut
Thats great to hear Butuz, keep it up , i think being around more heli flyer did you good, its the same for me, whenever i see pilots who fly better that me it gives me inspiration to do more. Thats why i'm going to the 3D champ this weekend.
Yeh me and the old man gonna come over on Sunday to see the action. Loking forward to it! See you there!

Butuz
Old Sep 23, 2009, 05:45 PM
DRAGONUS
Cardiff, Wales, UK
Joined Jan 2006
1,150 Posts
Got another 4 packs in tonight. Lovely Dragonus. Side on and a bit of nose in hovering and some side to side flying - was not much room so can not build up much speed so concerntrated on trying to be really smooth and keeping it about 2mph.

Butuz
Old Sep 23, 2009, 05:50 PM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Nice one! Side in flight and nose in sounds like fun mate!
LaurenceGough is offline Find More Posts by LaurenceGough
Old Sep 23, 2009, 06:02 PM
Supra!!!!!!
Las Vegas Nv, USA
Joined Oct 2005
3,098 Posts
T-Rex 450 sport flies fricken AMAZING!!! WOW!! Video today Hard 3D'd it didn't get higher than 8 feet
Speed Stick 3D is offline Find More Posts by Speed Stick 3D